How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• rairai979
    rairai979 Posts: 52
    Options
    I finished W5D3 yesterday and cannot believe that I was able to jog for 20 minutes. I'm going to start W6 tomorrow and have a 5k scheduled on July 20th, can't wait!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I finished W5D3 yesterday and cannot believe that I was able to jog for 20 minutes. I'm going to start W6 tomorrow and have a 5k scheduled on July 20th, can't wait!

Congrats! I am trying bit to psych myself out for my W5D3 on Friday. Were you nervous going into it. Today the first eight minutes was not too bad, but before I started the second I was almost telling myself I won't be able to do this. I did. I almost think the break made me want to slow down.
  • verbee4
    verbee4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    W3D2 right now. Can definitely feel my body and stamina changing already! An interesting point to make on footwear however. I recently aquired a free pair of Vibrams and started alternating runs with those and some normal shoes. The Vibrams put way more pressure on the calves and in-steps of my feet (I have quite high arches). It makes a massive difference to my run (unsure if positive or not but soon will see I suppose). I wonder how everyone else is doing re:footwear?
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    I wonder how everyone else is doing re:footwear?
    I went to a running store and got a gait analysis so that my shoes were fitted specifically for me. I originally wanted some Nike Free Runs because they have good reviews, and they're cute :laugh: But the Brooks Ghost 5 that I ended up getting are great for me. I'm so glad I got these instead because I probably wouldn't do as well if I had gone with something else. I just wouldn't have been comfortable so my performance would've suffered.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am trying bit to psych myself out for my W5D3 on Friday. Were you nervous going into it. Today the first eight minutes was not too bad, but before I started the second I was almost telling myself I won't be able to do this. I did. I almost think the break made me want to slow down.

I found that the break in between made the runs more difficult for me. I just wanted to go and keep going. I was grateful when the intervals were over! Which is funny, since when I started I would have died without the intervals! Great job so far!
  • crista_b
    Options
    I found that the break in between made the runs more difficult for me. I just wanted to go and keep going. I was grateful when the intervals were over! Which is funny, since when I started I would have died without the intervals!
    I was talking to my friend who runs marathons, and she said that you get to the point where it hurts more to stop than to keep running. She did the Chicago Marathon with a friend, and one of her other friends met them at the finish, and they had to go about a mile and a half to the car, and the 2 that had just run the marathon kept running to the car because they couldn't stop. Their friend was like, "Seriously! You 2 just ran 26 miles! Can you just chill?!" :laugh:
  • DLC1978
    DLC1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just finished W1D3 today, so far so good! I also just downloaded Zen labs couch to 10K and plan to start it at the end of week 8.

My ultimate goal is a half, hopefully next year!

I'm looking for as much support as I can get, so if anyone wants a new friend feel free to add me!
  • crista_b
    Options
    Just finished W1D3 today, so far so good! I also just downloaded Zen labs couch to 10K and plan to start it at the end of week 8.

My ultimate goal is a half, hopefully next year!

I'm looking for as much support as I can get, so if anyone wants a new friend feel free to add me!
    Just so you know, you can start the zen labs c210k app where you're at now. The first 8 weeks of it are the c25k program. :flowerforyou:
  • mattdsoares
    Options
    I just finished the dreaded W5D3 today. Like most people I was very skeptical about being able to do it. However...it was really all mental. It just wasn't THAT hard. My body was absolutely ready for it. Once I got into a groove after the first 5 minutes it was steady going. I was also happy that my splits were each within 1 second of each other so I was really plugging along at the same pace through it all.
  • leia_ophelia
    leia_ophelia Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today I was supposed to do W6D3 (run 22 minutes no walk intervals) but accidentally set the app to W7D1. It was a happy surprise for me to find out that I can jog for 25 minutes straight. Still not close to a 5 km though since I jog really slow. Just 2.5 km for the 25 minutes. I signed up for my first ever 5K which will be in the end of June. My goal is just to finish the 5k jogging all the way.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I am starting W2D1tomorrow, and I AM PSYCHED!
  • smsaban85
    smsaban85 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    W3D2 tomorrow. I have never actually looked forward to running, or going to the gym before. I found myself, after my last run, thinking that I need to start strength training my legs after I run so I can actually help my running. I would have never thought about why I needed to strength train before. I just knew I needed to, but never had a reason to. I find that I love accomplishing each and every day. A new goal that I didn't think I could complete, and then bam! it's done. I have such a sense of self completion and satisfaction that I didn't know I could have from just putting one foot in front of the other. Yay for c25k programs!!! Thank you for helping all of us couch potatoes, wanna be runners, into something we can be proud of. 5kers.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    I completed C25K, Week 2, Day 1, today. I loved it!!!
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Boom! finished the infamous W5D3 today!! I did it! 20 min non stop! Cannot believe it!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Rained out again, which is commonplace for FL summer, but I'm still hoping to get out tonight if it blows out. I have the bug spray all ready. If not. then it's Leslie Sansone in the DVD player to at least get some steps in and some calorie burn.
  • MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I only started yesterday, and I am so unfit!!

Please feel free to add me - I'm doing the program on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays, and either other cardio exercises or strength training Monday Wednesday and Fridays.

I literally only decided to really try and exercise yesterday, so I am a total newbie to exercise and desperately need encouragement!!
  • bananananamilk
    Options
    I really wanted to start running and C25K last Autumn when I first started weight loss but was just too unfit to really have the motivation. Now I'm in a lot better shape though and ready to start tomorrow when I have a free day from work. Yay!
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    I started the program on week 4 since I wasnt going straight from the couch haha. I am now on week 5 and I LOVE it! I cant believe I actually look forward to it and enjoy it! This is from someone who has always HATED running and sucked at it. I cant wait to see what the next weeks bring in! On the opposite days I am doing strength training through Jackie Warner's dvds and getting my *kitten* kicked. Hope to see some good results! Feel free to add! :O)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Just so you know, you can start the zen labs c210k app where you're at now. The first 8 weeks of it are the c25k program. :flowerforyou:
    Thanks. I didn't realize that!
  • kpaulako
    kpaulako Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on Week 2-Day 3. I tend to have my breathing as being the thing that slows me down the most. My lungs give up way before my knees or legs do. It's like I'm being squeezed and no matter what, I cannot get enough air. I have a physical in a couple of weeks and will discuss possibly having sports induced asthma. I quit after the 8 minute runs last time because I couldn't handle it. But I am determined to see this through. My husband seems to think I wasn't "built to run", well I'll show him! :)