How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    I really wanted to start running and C25K last Autumn when I first started weight loss but was just too unfit to really have the motivation. Now I'm in a lot better shape though and ready to start tomorrow when I have a free day from work. Yay!

You can do it!!!
  • leia_ophelia
    leia_ophelia Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Did W9D1 today. Skipped entire week 8 and discovered I can already jog the full 30 minutes! Not up to 5 k yet thought since I'm very slow. Made it to 3k today. I have less that 2 weeks before my first 5k race. So excited.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My run yesterday was good (jogged 2 out of 3 miles), so I'm hoping for good weather tomorrow morning because I MUST get out there. I'll be tied up with work Weds. thru Sat., so missing tomorrow isn't an option. Ironically, I was slower than usual with the longer run, but at this point I figure if I build myself to the long running stretches, the speed will follow. It's in the 90s here, so I know that slows me down.
  • DLC1978
    DLC1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, you can start the zen labs c210k app where you're at now. The first 8 weeks of it are the c25k program. :flowerforyou:
    Thanks. I didn't realize that!

Dee? Are you gonna go to 10K with me?? :)
  • DLC1978
    DLC1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Boom! finished the infamous W5D3 today!! I did it! 20 min non stop! Cannot believe it!

Great job!
  • smsaban85
    smsaban85 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Starting week 4 tomorrow. :-D Excited! I haven't read what W4 entails yet (I don't usually read it until after I do it...lol) I would rather not psych myself out before I know I can do it. I just follow the prompts and let my sweat fall where it may. I just realized that I am going to have to start week 6 a day late... stupid holiday hours at the gym. :-D I can't believe that I am going on week 4 already. It seems like I just started, but I know that I haven't because there was no way I would have been able to run two 3 minute intervals and feel happy about it. HAHA! Happy running C25Kers :flowerforyou:
  • rairai979
    rairai979 Posts: 52
    Options
    Finished Week 6 Day 3 yesterday. On to Week 7 tomorrow, no more intervals. Straight jogging from now on, eek!
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am doing Week 3 Day 2 tonight after work. Also using the Nike+ app if anyone wants to add me there user name is Mike_Rose46
  • Tigg1011
    Tigg1011 Posts: 146
    Options
    Yesterday I did W5D1 and the worst part for me was actually my feet hurting during the run. Any advice? I cant really put money out for running shoes right now due to saving for our wedding in a few months. I have running shoes which are AASICS but nothing fancy..
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    week two day 3

:D
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Did the 5k color run.

was a blast, even if it was not timed. Seemed rather easy.
  • arac62
    arac62 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I FINALLY got through the week 4 program. I've been traveling a lot over the past month so it's been really hard to make progress. I feel like I've been stuck forever. I wasn't expecting to get through it today, but I pushed through to the end. I am so happy!!!
  • rairai979
    Options
    Finished W7D1, super excited to be able to run 25 minutes! For the first long run, I was visiting family and ran it on flat, paved roads. My normal "trail" is a long, hilly dirt road. I feel great!
  • Stlarenas
    Stlarenas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Completed W6D3 last night. Felt great but I am really slow. I know that I timed out well before the 2.25 miles. I am considering redoing week 6 to see if I can get my speed up and more distance in before moving on to week 7.

I know everyone says to not worry about pace, but I am in no hurry to finish the program, as it is keeping me motivated to run. Thoughts?
  • andreagrace7
    andreagrace7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 day 1...need to get outside soon
  • Swampyankee512
    Options
    Did it!!! I can't believe it, looking back two months ago, actually ran 3 miles three times this week. Inspired to build up to 20 miles per week over the summer, adding a mile a week (and dropping a pound a week!), that's the plan, anyway. :happy:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Completed W6D3 last night. Felt great but I am really slow. I know that I timed out well before the 2.25 miles. I am considering redoing week 6 to see if I can get my speed up and more distance in before moving on to week 7.

I know everyone says to not worry about pace, but I am in no hurry to finish the program, as it is keeping me motivated to run. Thoughts?
    I'd say move on to week 7, and if you want to repeat to build up pace, repeat that week. I think the pace will build on the long runs. I may be wrong though so if I am and a seasoned vet knows better, please correct me.

I did W6D3 last night and without counting the warm-up and cool down walks, I did 1.7 miles (average pace 12:50)... much shorter than 2.25. I'm going to just keep doing what I'm doing and move on to the 10k program after week 8 is done.
  • rairai979
    Options

I just started week 7. I had a little trouble with W6D3, I think it was because I ran with a partner and went a bit faster to keep up with her. I don't think you should worry about pace, I think it will come naturally as you increase your stamina and condition. W7D1 was great, because I stuck to my pace.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this thread, I've been wanting to discuss C25K somewhere.

I did W4D3 today. I run on country lanes and tracks and reversed my route for a change today. I found this meant I had to run and walk almost entirely uphill for the first half of the podcast. How can that be when I do a circular route? Maybe the gradients are less steep going clockwise. I'll go back to going anticlockwise next time, with a "dog-leg" extension as I'm going further now. I really noticed the difference hills make - well of course they do!! DERR...

I found doing 5 minute runs that I get hot and tired and want to stop but if I push through that I get to a place where I'm just putting one foot in front of the other in a zone where I could go for longer if I wasn't told to stop and walk. I guess I'm "getting it" at long last. About time - it's taken about 6 decades!

I'm probably going to do W5D1 on Sunday, if the weather's not too vile.
  • missjaneypie
    missjaneypie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @nighterror21 myself and some friends are doin the colour run on july 14th in ireland... i cant wait..... dont no how i will be able to keep the giggles to a minimum though...
    just done week 5 day 3............ always longed to run but thought i couldnt until i got into this c25k ........... myself and my friends run past many walkers on our route and the amount of people that say "fair play to ye girls" "keep it up" is amazing.... i so cant wait to be able to run without the walkin part :-D