How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone , you all are doing good work.

I just goth done doing week 4 Day 1. I surprised myself and was able to do it. When I started to run for 5 minute time. I was scared and was thinking of stopping. But this song came on and the way I went to the beat and I was like I was gone. I'm a little sore tonight.

I'm doing week 4 tomorrow too. I'm nervous about the 5 minutes. I was able to do it on the last interval of week 3 (just wanted to see if I could) but there's a big difference between seeing if you can, and having to do it repeatedly lol
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @nisijam5 yes it did lol
    I finished W7D1 this morning =) Again I was able to run the 5 minute cool down plus and extra minute. So that makes it a 31 minute nonstop run. My calf felt good. I gave it a good stretch before and after. Now I want to work on my pace. I managed to knock off 20 seconds from my last run but I still have a ways to go if I want to do the 5k within the 30 minute time the app gives.
  • MissHamhead
    Options
    I completed W1D1 today and found it a little easy, is it okay for me to skip to W2D1 on Monday?
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 3 Day 3 and feel great. A lot better than Friday. Lesson learned. I think I am ready for Week 4, we will see on Tuesday.

As far as skipping ahead, I would say start where you are comfortable and build from there. For us that literally came off the couch week 1 was a good place to start.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    there's a big difference between seeing if you can, and having to do it repeatedly lol

Amen!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I completed W1D1 today and found it a little easy, is it okay for me to skip to W2D1 on Monday?

Listen to your body, my advice would be to not push...what's the difference of a couple of days?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OK, I want to do W1D2 tomorrow after work and hoping it will be a nice day out. PF was good this morning and then acted up at the end of the shift. I didn't have time to work on it other then stretching.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I did W1D1 again yesterday. I actually completed Week 1 about 3 weeks ago, but then I went abroad for spring break and just could NOT run outside in below freezing temperatures with 18 mph winds.

When I did week 1 last month, I was in the gym on the treadmill -- but since the weather's finally warming up, I did it outside yesterday. BOY, running outside is harder than running on a treadmill! But I did it.

Feel free to add me as a friend, especially if you're just starting out -- I'd enjoy seeing other people's continued progress to keep me motivated.
  • mycrobemini
    mycrobemini Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    W3D2 completed yesterday after 40 minutes of circuit training and some good stretching. I'm doing the treadmill version, manually (I have it set to speed intervals but have to push the interval button to switch speeds), and as such I have to go by memory on the timing. Turns out there is no third 1.5 minute run in the week 3 plan...but since I added it accidentally the first day, I stuck with it yesterday and will do it again on day 3. Hopefully that little extra will help me on the scary 5 minute runs for week 4.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I just started W4D1 yesterday, and OMG was it ever difficult to jog for 5 minutes at a time. I can't help but wonder if this is harder for me than EVERYBODY else when I'm doing it!!! I run every other day but my friends wanted to start C25K as well so on my normally "off" days, I'll be starting the program with them from W1D1. I'm so excited to do double duty and also to see how I feel running for 60 seconds only, since that nearly killed me on day one!!! I think this is just what I needed to get through W4 and 5 (I peeked, it's scary! lol)
  • MissHamhead
    Options
    Skipped ahead to w2d1 and it was great, a blizzard is coming my way so on Saturday I am going to try and jump ahead to w3d1
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be Week 4 Day 2 for me. Never in a million years did I think I'd be able to run for 5 straight minutes. I'm really enjoying the program so far which is amazing to me as I've always hated running. Feel free to add if you'd like extra motivation/encouragment.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Just did Week1 day 2 today!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 6 Day 1 tonight after work. Week 5 Day 3 was sure interesting.
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I did W7D2 today but I didn't follow the program this time. I started the app and ran the entire time, through both 5 minute walks for a total run time of 36 minutes. I'm feeling really good about it. I just need to work on my pace so I can hit the 5k mark within 30 minutes. Today was 4.07km in 36 minutes so I have a bit of work to do for sure.

Keep up the good work everybody =)
  • Dom821
    Dom821 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started c25K on Monday so tomorrow will be W1D2 for me. I'm doing the program with my dog who seems to be enjoying it as much as I am.

I was surprised how easy Day1 felt. I've never been much of a runner so looking forward to the next few weeks.

I don't have any 5k runs planned in the near future. But will look into doing a few later in the year.
  • MissHamhead
    Options
    Thats awesome! I can't wait to be able to run a full 30 minutes...keep up the hard work!
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is W4D1

It is going to kick my butt. Week 3 was rough.
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to find this. I'm doing a c25k. I just got done doing w4d1. I feel llike I can run more endurancewise but my legs aren't quite ready yet. My first 5k is actually 13 days away. I know that I won't be able to run the whole thing but I did 3.4 miles in 44 minutes tonight. I just keep going at a similar pace after my c25k app runs out of time. I run 4 days a week. I am also doing JMBR daily. On my nonrun days, I try to get in a hike anywhere from 2-5 miles. I know that I am doing a lot but when my body tells me to slow down, I do. It just doesn't say that often. 40 pounds ago, it told me to slow down a lot. Not so much anymore. :)
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Did W4D2 last night, outside. Our city is full of hills, so I really pushed me on that 5 minute run. I think I'm going to mix it up and split the workouts between outside and on the treadmill. The dog loves to come with me, so it will most likely be 2 days outside and finish up Day 3 on the treadmill.