How is doing c25k? Lets support each other

Options

Replies

• bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just completed Week 4 Day 2. Ran about an extra minute into the cool down. Feeling good.
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My last run sucked sooo bad!! I think I was dehydrated going into it. Humm, hopefully this week goes a lot better! Keep kicking butt guys!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I finished up week 7 over the weekend with a 4-mile trail run. That was tough! And it was the farthest I have ever run in my life. I was happy to get through the entire thing without stopping. It was a lot more than I needed to run but I have a trail race coming up next month and I want to get familiar with the course.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 4 day 2.....I only do 2 days a week since have soccer on Sundays as a 3rd running day.
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    5D2 was last night. It went pretty well. There is one thing I regret. During the second 8 minute segment, I stopped for about 3 seconds to catch my breath then started back up. I gave in. I should have kept going and when I finished that second 8 minutes, I know I could have.

Also, has anyone grown to dislike the walking breaks between the running sections? I find it really difficult to get into an even walking gait. The entire walk break, I just wanted to start running again, because it felt more comfortable.
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    W5D1 complete. it was challenging but I finished it. Even timed myself (I go by distance), did 4 mins 45 secs on first 1/2 mile, 4 mins 50 sec next 1/2 mile segment, and finished 3rd 1/2 mile segment with 4 mins 55 secs.
    Trying not to worry about the HUGE increase coming in my way on day 3. Repeat after me "I can do this, I can run all day if need be, I can do this, I can run all day if need be" rinse and repeat.
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Also, has anyone grown to dislike the walking breaks between the running sections? I find it really difficult to get into an even walking gait. The entire walk break, I just wanted to start running again, because it felt more comfortable.

Definitely! I was so glad to get into week 7 last week and just do continuous runs. Once I get started running I just don't want to stop.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    W5D1 complete. it was challenging but I finished it. Even timed myself (I go by distance), did 4 mins 45 secs on first 1/2 mile, 4 mins 50 sec next 1/2 mile segment, and finished 3rd 1/2 mile segment with 4 mins 55 secs.
    Trying not to worry about the HUGE increase coming in my way on day 3. Repeat after me "I can do this, I can run all day if need be, I can do this, I can run all day if need be" rinse and repeat.

Ugh. I wish I had your attitude. I think I"m repeating this day for the week... I jog so slow (speed walkers could pass me) and I'm still suffering. I'm not sure this is 'my thing' :(
  • timeasterday
    Options

You CAN do it and you will feel so much better after it's done. Good luck!!
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

This is what I'm supposed to be doing tomorrow. I think I'm going to have to steal your mantra.
  • bryionak
    Options
    Instead of Week 4 Day 3 I ran with some guys from church. I ran 15 minutes, then did run/walk intervals for another 30 minutes. I got week 5 day 1 tonight. I would be worried about Day 3 this week, but after Sunday, I know I can do it.
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Instead of Week 4 Day 3 I ran with some guys from church. I ran 15 minutes, then did run/walk intervals for another 30 minutes. I got week 5 day 1 tonight. I would be worried about Day 3 this week, but after Sunday, I know I can do it.

Way to be so optimistic!!
  • bryionak
    Options
    Well I ran for 15 minutes, over a mile (we hit the mile mark at about 12 mins), and I probably could have gone longer but we were still running away from the cars so the back of my mind was, I still have to make it back.... hehe
  • kellyjkaylor
    Options
    wk 3 day 2 complete, I actually ran for 3 minutes, I hardly believe this, looking forward to next weeks challenge!!
  • timeasterday
    Options
    W8D1 done - ran a little over 5K in the 28 minutes and set a new 5K PR of 26:10.
  • Dom821
    Dom821 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 2 day 2 this morning. I always seems to struggle the second day of the week. Not sure if it has to do with that fact that its a Wednesday LOL
  • Wgbn32
    Wgbn32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Week 4 Day 2 tomorrow. This is actually my second week on week 4. The first time I just couldnt get through the second set of intervals...so I decided to do my own thing for a week. I thought jumping from 3 minute running to 5 might have been too much so I did 4 minutes running 2 minutes walking and its helped a lot.

Yesterday I was able to get through most of it...last 5 minute run I could only go 3 minutes...but I took a breath and then finished the last two.

I'm hoping tomorrow I can get through the whole run/walk interval as directed.

Even though I had a little setback, im still proud of the progress I've made. Before I started, running for 2-3 minutes alone was a daunting task, but now I can do it fairly easily. I just have a lot of faith in the program and will stick with it for however long it takes me to finish.

I just hope my knees and feet will keep up. I'm really overweight, but other than overall body soreness I don't feel much pain.
  • bryionak
    Options
    Keep it up Ssoftw. You're doing great. A setback would be taking a week off. Modifying it so you can keep going is moving forward at the pace your body dictates.

I finished Week 5 Day 1 last night. Knees aren't bothering me today (yet), but my hips are a little sore.
  • Wgbn32
    Wgbn32 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks bryionak! I feel soo good today. Got through W4D2 with flying colors. Even managed to squeeze an extra 3 minute run at the end. And still didn't feel like passing outafterwards. What a difference a day makes. Hoping Friday is the same so I can move on with some confidence.
  • timeasterday
    Options
    Thanks bryionak! I feel soo good today. Got through W4D2 with flying colors. Even managed to squeeze an extra 3 minute run at the end. And still didn't feel like passing outafterwards. What a difference a day makes. Hoping Friday is the same so I can move on with some confidence.

Great job!! Good luck on the Friday run!