My opinion (don't read if you're overly sensitive)

Options

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    That doesn't mean that all young adults are like this. Like I said below, I know I won't convince you that many young adults are much more mature than their age would suggest.

Laughing even harder now because you see, I said that too.

You seem to forget that all us old people used to be young adults ourselves. And guess what? Most of us thought that we were mature beyond our years. And most of us thought that we'd 'been through stuff'. And most of us were angry that the old folks dismissed our opinions because we were young.

Then we grew up, and realized that the old folks were dismissing our opinions because we didn't have a freaking clue what we were talking about.

But it's going to take 20 years for you to learn that lesson. It would be interesting to talk to you then about the opinions of young folk. Of course, by that point I'll be 55 and I won't want any advice from a naive 38 year old who hasn't even yet had their first colonoscopy. :laugh:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Oh and I didn't run away to never be heard from again. I have been at work and I worked out the second that I wrote this! ;) I got 30+ friend requests from people thanking me for the post so, I am not going to apologize but, I will say that if you have something that you would like to bash me about or ask me- please message me!!! :) Thank!

Even if you did ...

tumblr_m6jkb2xgRz1r6dombo1_500.gif

;) Good thing I didn't plan on it.

No excused. No apologies. No cats.

GOT IT
  • margoanton
    margoanton Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Exercise produces endorphins and dopamine, which are mood enhancers, so.... I used to take medication for ADD and depression (granted they weren't super severe) and haven't needed to take anything since I started exercising. These hormones we naturally produce are some of the most illegal products to buy.. it's the same argument for not wanting to have sex. Sex has been proven to enhance mood with other benefits :P PLUS it's awesome and you could log it as circuit training.

I agree with this. But when you've got depression, depending on what kind, there is almost no way to exercise your way out of it, as you literally can barely get off the couch. At least this was my experience. Once the drugs kicked in, I could muster up the energy to exercise. Which then helps depression. And then if you are lucky, you can get off meds.

But you can't suck up depression. When it's so bad that the act of getting out of bed and semi ready for the day requires a two hour nap, there ain't no sucking it up.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Oh and I didn't run away to never be heard from again. I have been at work and I worked out the second that I wrote this! ;) I got 30+ friend requests from people thanking me for the post so, I am not going to apologize but, I will say that if you have something that you would like to bash me about or ask me- please message me!!! :) Thank!

Nope. It wasn't a bash merely an observation. At the time, you had done one post, and disappeared. Just thought about how the post had gone on for 10-11 pages without a peep from you. Was wondering if anyone else had noted it as well. It made it look like you were just instigating. I realized about 30 seconds after I posted it, that you had posted just a few messages below the one I was replying to.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    That doesn't mean that all young adults are like this. Like I said below, I know I won't convince you that many young adults are much more mature than their age would suggest.

You seem to forget that all us old people used to be young adults ourselves. And guess what? Most of us thought that we were mature beyond our years. And most of us thought that we'd 'been through stuff'. And most of us were angry that the old folks dismissed our opinions because we were young.

Then we grew up, and realized that the old folks were dismissing our opinions because we didn't have a freaking clue what we were talking about.

But it's going to take 20 years for you to learn that lesson. It would be interesting to talk to you then about the opinions of young folk. Of course, by that point I'll be 55 and I won't want any advice from a naive 38 year old who hasn't even yet had their first colonoscopy. :laugh:

You youngster with your "old people" talk...lol. I'm 46.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Oh and I didn't run away to never be heard from again. I have been at work and I worked out the second that I wrote this!

EXCUSES!!!!

You made me snort. Grown men should not snort.
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options

Nope. It wasn't a bash merely an observation. At the time, you had done one post, and disappeared. Just thought about how the post had gone on for 10-11 pages without a peep from you. Was wondering if anyone else had noted it as well. It made it look like you were just instigating. I realized about 30 seconds after I posted it, that you had posted just a few messages below the one I was replying to.

Interesting. How about people just message me with more to say? Or just continue talking to one another! :)
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    yeah,,, I HATE WHINERS.

Which kind? The whiners or the whiners about the whiners?

:drinker: LOL! yes indeed!
    Also, your dress in the pic kind of camouflages in with the stairs!
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    For goodness sake, stop with the age bashing. There are plenty of older adults who would make similarly insensitive posts to this. She's 19, so? Stop with the patronising posts about how she hasn't had the life experience to understand. Just because we're young adults, doesn't mean that we haven't put up with some s*** in our lives. Why does everyone seem to think that anyone under the age of 25 is uneducated and naive?

I'm laughing so hard right now because I said pretty much exactly the same thing, almost word for word, in a similar situation when was 18.

Now I'm 35 and look back and realize I had my head so far up my own backside that it's a miracle that I could hear my own voice, never mind enjoy it so much.

I would like to respectfully request to be your friend. :flowerforyou:
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

It's criminal in that case that you look younger than me. I guess I've just experienced a lot for my age and am mature beyond my years...
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

I just want to point out I had my first colonoscopy at 37. Don't be a lumper! :wink:
  • holsieg
    holsieg Posts: 21
    Options
    But it's going to take 20 years for you to learn that lesson. It would be interesting to talk to you then about the opinions of young folk. Of course, by that point I'll be 55 and I won't want any advice from a naive 38 year old who hasn't even yet had their first colonoscopy.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. I suppose I'm very lucky that many people do respect my opinion in real life, some young adults don't even have that. I definitely understand where you are coming from (and I know the exact type of people you mean), I just very much dislike the feeling of talking to a brick wall when it comes to ignorant people (I'm talking in general, not about you). My parents have brought myself and my brothers up to believe that respect is earned, and doesn't just come because someone has had more life experience. They treat us like adults, and because of that we act like adults, and this is true of many young people I know.
  • So_Much_Fab
    Options

It's criminal in that case that you look younger than me. I guess I've just experienced a lot for my age and am mature beyond my years...

Either that, or I'm terribly immature! :laugh:
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I think it's interesting how no one seems to know that not everyone who is overweight became that way from making excuses. I had a friend who had always been in great shape. She was in a car accident that ruined her back, broke her leg, and cracked some ribs. She gained weight as result of being stuck in the hospital and then a wheelchair after she got out of the hospital. She also ended up having to take medications which caused her to be massively hungry. She gained over 100lbs. Darned wheelchair.... too bad that was her excuse. She could have been stick thin forever!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I just want to point out I had my first colonoscopy at 37. Don't be a lumper! :wink:

It's true, his colon is on facebook.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Interesting. How about people just message me with more to say? Or just continue talking to one another! :)

Like you just PMing your fat friends who make excuses instead of calling them out on the interwebz?!?!

No. The discussion is in a public forum. I am expressing my facts and opinions in the public forum because that is where the discussion is taking place. The conversation which you started has moved beyond just you. It's public domain now.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    i didnt read cuz im too sensitive but decided to leave this for you...

funny_dance_fail_gifs_03.gif
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have always believed....

You can't fly without artificial means.... but you can lose weight.
    You can't buy the Hope diamond.... but you can lose weight.
    You can't travel back in time.... but you can lose weight.
    You can't marry (insert name of favorite actor here).... but you can lose weight.
    You can never be perfect..... but you can lose weight.

Losing weight can be done by any normal person (assuming no medical issues). It doesn't have to cost anything. All it requires is
    determination. If you say you can't lose weight, then go fly a kite or eat a bag of cookies because you aren't ready.
  • So_Much_Fab
    Options
    How about people just message me with more to say? Or just continue talking to one another! :)

I think we like talking to each other better...but thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

Either that, or I'm terribly immature! :laugh:

"Only as mature as I need to be in a given situation" - that's my motto.

Funny how only the young think growing up fast is a good thing :wink:
This discussion has been closed.