My opinion (don't read if you're overly sensitive)

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    That doesn't mean that all young adults are like this. Like I said below, I know I won't convince you that many young adults are much more mature than their age would suggest.

Laughing even harder now because you see, I said that too.

You seem to forget that all us old people used to be young adults ourselves. And guess what? Most of us thought that we were mature beyond our years. And most of us thought that we'd 'been through stuff'. And most of us were angry that the old folks dismissed our opinions because we were young.

Then we grew up, and realized that the old folks were dismissing our opinions because we didn't have a freaking clue what we were talking about.

But it's going to take 20 years for you to learn that lesson. It would be interesting to talk to you then about the opinions of young folk. Of course, by that point I'll be 55 and I won't want any advice from a naive 38 year old who hasn't even yet had their first colonoscopy. :laugh:

I just want to point out I had my first colonoscopy at 37. Don't be a lumper! :wink:

It's true, his colon is on facebook.

Oh yeah. I forgot about those.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I have depression, bipolar disorder, body dysmorphic disorder and anxiety... I don't use them as excuses and I SUCK THEM UP long enough to work out and change my lifestyle.
    Yeah, I am 19 years old and not as "experienced" as some of you but, it's common sense to stop with the bullspit excuses....

I didn't mean to come across as harsh about the depression thing, trust me... I got it.

NO, you don't have depression as badly as others do. The fact that you can see some reason to SUCK IT UP long enough to work out proves this. People here are talking about struggling to maintain the will to live. It is flat out dishonest of you to compare yourself to them. I read your profile. You don't get to claim to have the same issue. What a dissembling, cold and heartless thing to do!

You may have some level of depression but it is as plain as day that you couldn't begin to understand what these other people are going through.

You should be ashamed.

You won't be.

But you should.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    That doesn't mean that all young adults are like this. Like I said below, I know I won't convince you that many young adults are much more mature than their age would suggest.

Laughing even harder now because you see, I said that too.

You seem to forget that all us old people used to be young adults ourselves. And guess what? Most of us thought that we were mature beyond our years. And most of us thought that we'd 'been through stuff'. And most of us were angry that the old folks dismissed our opinions because we were young.

Then we grew up, and realized that the old folks were dismissing our opinions because we didn't have a freaking clue what we were talking about.

But it's going to take 20 years for you to learn that lesson. It would be interesting to talk to you then about the opinions of young folk. Of course, by that point I'll be 55 and I won't want any advice from a naive 38 year old who hasn't even yet had their first colonoscopy. :laugh:

I just want to point out I had my first colonoscopy at 37. Don't be a lumper! :wink:

It's true, his colon is on facebook.

I'm sure there are more, ahem, specialized sites for that sort of thing.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    How about people just message me with more to say? Or just continue talking to one another! :)

I think we like talking to each other better...but thanks! :flowerforyou:

Like you!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I have depression, bipolar disorder, body dysmorphic disorder and anxiety... I don't use them as excuses and I SUCK THEM UP long enough to work out and change my lifestyle.
    Yeah, I am 19 years old and not as "experienced" as some of you but, it's common sense to stop with the bullspit excuses....

I didn't mean to come across as harsh about the depression thing, trust me... I got it.

NO, you don't have depression as badly as others do. The fact that you can see some reason to SUCK IT UP long enough to work out proves this. People here are talking about struggling to maintain the will to live. It is flat out dishonest of you to compare yourself to them. I read your profile. You don't get to claim to have the same issue. What a dissembling, cold and heartless thing to do!

You may have some level of depression but it is as plain as day that you couldn't begin to understand what these other people are going through.

You should be ashamed.

You won't be.

But you should.

I thought it. I thought about saying "claim to" have. We could go the brither movement way and demand to see the medical record showing her diagnoses. I decided o just let it ride.

Whoops.
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    All I really have to say is I am really grateful for the friends I have that are encouraging and motivating, and that they haven't told me (or each other) to suck it up. I said earlier I wasn't a complainer, but I can think of times I whined about the mileage I had to run--and instead of being badgered and criticized, I was encouraged to continue on. I'm surprised people don't see how much better off friends are when you encourage them, and if you reach the point where you have to whine about them and belittle them, then move on from the friendship--because it isn't one anyway.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    How about people just message me with more to say? Or just continue talking to one another! :)

I think you are too mature for me.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and start the countdown to this thread being locked. Shall we start at.... 15 minutes?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and start the countdown to this thread being locked. Shall we start at.... 15 minutes?

I thought it was going to happen an hour ago. Part of me hopes it goes on forever.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i didnt read cuz im too sensitive but decided to leave this for you...

funny_dance_fail_gifs_03.gif

This has nothing to do with this entire topic but it's still my favorite reply.

To the rest of you... Why do you even care what others say or do? F*** 'em and do your own thing. Lead by example if you still care.
  • 4ever420
    4ever420 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but the rest of us would never have joined mfp at all if we weren't full of those same excuses at some point. I ate like a pig, didn't exercise, and whined about being fat. Now I'm here. We should try to remember that these excuse-filled people just aren't ready yet.

This
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Oh and I didn't run away to never be heard from again. I have been at work and I worked out the second that I wrote this! ;) I got 30+ friend requests from people thanking me for the post so, I am not going to apologize but, I will say that if you have something that you would like to bash me about or ask me- please message me!!! :) Thank!

Awwww you made friends with your wordly wisdom on the WWW. You're popular. People like you dammit! :flowerforyou:
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hate breeds hate. I don't see the point of this thread. I'm not overly-sensitive, I just believe that everything should be looked at from all perspectives without coming to harsh conclusions. Everyone has made excuses. Just encourage them, and hopefully they'll grow out of it. The hate won't stop a thing.

This ^
  • tazminacat
    Options
    Oh and I didn't run away to never be heard from again. I have been at work and I worked out the second that I wrote this!
    [/quote]

EXCUSES!!!!
    [/quote]

You made me snort. Grown men should not snort.
    [/quote]

Oh I disagree, everyone should snort, it's like earning a funny medal!!
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Sorry all 'those people' bother you so much. Maybe you are overly sensitive??
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of what has been said on here from both sides of the argument. Depression is a scary thing and there are many different degrees of depression. Never be so arrogant as to compare what you are feeling to what someone else is feeling simply because you are both "depressed."
    Also, to you "youngsters" that are arguing that you know so much about life:
    -You may have been through a lot for your age and no one here is disputing that. What they are saying is that you do not have the years of experience that others have that are older than you. That is a simply scientific fact. Stop trying to argue it. Are you possibly wiser than a 40 year old that has had a relatively easy life? Maybe. But don't assume that just because your life has been tough you know everything and can judge others.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    thats the sweet irony of their OP :laugh:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

She hates kitties on the internet too!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.