Pregnancy 2010 - May

Options

Replies

• Destiny_2010
    Options
    ron2282-
    I felt the same when I done my pregnancy test. I was gutted that it was negative, even though me and my boyfriend have discussed this and we are waiting until the beginning of next year, so probably around the same time as you. I honestly wouldnt worry or feel like and idiot because you cried, because we have both done it so loads of other women must do it.

Just look forward to getting through this year and then statred a family next year. Thats what I am trying to do :smile:
    X
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I have an question, I would love all your opinions:

I haven't seen my parents in 4 months. We are going to see them this weekend, and I am really excited to see if they notice a "change" in me, since I am about 20 lbs lighter. My DH said I shouldn't get excited, since it is harder to notice if you haven't seen someone in a long time (I guess he thinks you forget how a person looked after 4 months). I feel like you notice it more when you dont see them for a long while. What do you guys think, do you notice weight loss in people more when you see them everyday, or when you don't see them for a while?

I think it's easier to notice if you haven't seen them in awhile, but either way you're doing a great job so no worries if they don't notice! I know for me people didn't start noticing until I was really close to my goal weight, so I'm not sure where you are on that scale, but be proud of yourself no matter what!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group :happy: My husband and I are planning on trying to start adding on to our family next month. I have lost 18 lbs so far, but really need some great motivation in order to lose more before I get pregnant. It's such an exciting thing, and I want to make sure I feel the best I can going into it. I would like to lost at least 10 more pounds before getting pregnant, but whenever it happens it will be such a blessing!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Okay..so:

We're going to try. For June. And if we aren't pregnanct in June (I know, I know, no pressure, right?) we are going to wait until Christmas.

Here's the reason: it works with my nursing school clinical rotation.

So...yay!

BIG YAY!

Questions: I need advice about Clomid. Everything and anything you can tell me. How long does it take to work (assuming no further complications)? When do you start it in the cycle?

H-E-L-P!!!
  • jalara
    Options
    Feeling pretty good right now, for so many reasons. (Refer to my last post).

Re-starting weight - 222.2
    Current Weight - 217.8
    Down 2 lbs this week - including how bad I did over the long weekend! Wahoo!

I think I like weighing in every 2 weeks :)
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Jalara- Im feeling good too! So excited to hear you will be participating in "June Activities", just like me:blushing:

I am down 1.5 lbs.
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!!

I'm so excited for all who are going to start trying! It can be so much fun and can be so stressfull at the same time!! Try not to try to HARD LOL we tried and tried and then quit trying and then BAM!!

so I'm having a really really hard time sticking to my calories aggghhhh its killing me!
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Weighed in yesterday morning and I was up a 1 lb....right on track. :) This kiddo keeps kicking me......and I LOVE it :) Have a healthy weekend and holiday weekend everyone!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    jalara -- not sure about your clomid question. I know someone who tried for a long time and couldn't get preggo, then she started on clomid and preggo almost immediately. I'm not sure when she started on it though.

I'm still on my last 7 lbs, which was last 5 about a week ago before we went out and ate out for an entire week, can't seem to shake this weight off.

What workouts do you do to see your results?
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    gained 4.5lbs this week! :-(

pre-pregnancy weight: 162lbs
    current: 173.5
    pregnancy gain: 11.5lbs
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1.5 pounds this week!!!! :bigsmile:

Jalara and Tahmed - good luck with your "June activities" :wink:
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    hey there gals just checking in, finally done with school for this term can't wait to enjoy my break heading on a cruise in a few weeks for some much needed R&R.

As far as the earlier question about when someone can tell weight loss I have people that see me every week and I lost about 15 lbs and it took them about a good month to notice after I maintained the loss. Although now it doesn't matter with a baby its more like how do you feel? I always say fine or eh just because I don't think everyone is really interested in hearing bloated and gassy :laugh: haha.

Weigh in 165.8 I keep yo yoing with this one lb up and down. Hopefully getting a appointment soon and then I will know my true EDD.

Good luck to all those that will be TTC this summer. Have fun trying ♥
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

Ang - Did you go to Chicago? :laugh:
  • 00Angela00
    Options

lol!:laugh: No, I don't even have traveling as an excuse. How many weeks were you when you gained the 4 pounds?
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Any ideas on what to get a soon-to-be-dad for father's day?
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

I was 23 weeks....just like you. But the next week I was down 1.5, so don't get worried!

lol!:laugh: No, I don't even have traveling as an excuse. How many weeks were you when you gained the 4 pounds?
  • jalara
    Options
    Any ideas on what to get a soon-to-be-dad for father's day?

How about a framed picture for Dad's with a sonogram pic?
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    I think a digital frame would be a good gift. They even make some that are like a digital scrapbook so that dad can keep track of his little one growing up without doing the traditional scrapbooking - usually mom's area. He could even take it to work or with him if he traveled. You could go ahead and upload music and ultrasound and your growing tummy pics on it....
  • lucy1703
    lucy1703 Posts: 18
    Options
    ok so haven't posted for a while. manged to lose a small abount bu thats put me at 200.6lbs which is almost getting me below the 200's :smile:

i have a question for some of you out there who've been on he pill and come off of it.

I stopped taking the pill April 2009. at the beginning my cycle returned to normal almost straight away so 30-32 days. I then torn my ACL in november and had surgery on my knee, with a combination of stress and tablets my cycle was at 51,57,56 days. i then went back to my usual for like 2 months and now at 50 day i'm still waiting.
    i don't feel stressed at the minute, i am relocating but i'm excited about it.
    do you ladies think this is normal? i will be going to see my doc when i get back to the uk in August. I haven't been to a doc here in Dubai as they can be.....interesting to say the least and i'm not very comfortable with the ones i've seen and heard about via friends.
    my husband and i have been careful well most of the time as we dont want to start TTC till december.
    thoughts anyone?
  • jalara
    Options
    Hope everyone is having a good day!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Challenge::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

1) Eat fish this week! It's super good for you (and baby)!
    2) What is one of the little moments you are most looking forward to as a mom (or enjoyed, if you're a veteren)?