What diet method are you using and Is it working for you?

Options

Replies

• beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump for later to read
  • domdoan
    domdoan Posts: 30
    Options
    I eat 100 calories below my BMR for 6 days a week (So i eat 1500 cals) and then one day a week I eat 3000 cals (spike day)

On the days i eat 1500cals, I also ensure to include some treat that I like, like a chocolate bar or biscuit, because If not I woud give into my cravings! Also it is low-ish carbs these days too, I have 113g carbs and then high carbs on the 3000calorie day!

Seems to be working, I dont have a weighing scales here but I have lost 2in off my waist, an inch from my bust and an inch from my hips!! Success!!

yup. how are them refeed days? they working well? How long have you been on it? I have doing carb cycling but thinking about one refeed day per week
  • jeeper752
    Options
    I put myself on a 1600 cal/day allowance and I try to stay under that. I have also added exercise and have been getting in about 1500 cal/day of cardio, mostly bicycling.

It seems to work when I actually DO it; I am not as disciplined as many here are and my progress shows it...
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I do my best to count calories, make healthy food choices, exercise regularly, get plenty of rest, and try not to freak out when i stumble along way.

I have been making small changes for a couple of years now. None of the changes resulted in a budge on the scale, but at least it was healthier food. Then I went vegetarian January 2012, gradually went vegan. Started eating whole grains. So, my diet is a work in progress and I am still working on it trying to hit my protein macro for example. I have only been logging calories and exercise since the middle of last month, so far that seems to be the most effective method.
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    no diet, lifestyle change :)
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Just finished a 3 day juice fast to see if I could do it. Enjoyed it and felt great. Fixing to restart starting tommorrow.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Low calorie diet high in protein and full of nutritious foods, IF (ESE/Leangains style combo that fits my lifestyle), strength training, and a bit of IIFYM (though I also look at my micronutrients so maybe more like IIFYMM?).

I've been on MFP just under 11 weeks and lost just over 22 lbs with no loss of lean body mass and I feel healthier than before I started losing weight (probably because I'm watching my macros and micros now and wasn't before). Yeah, it's working for me :)

Edit to add: Most of the foods I eat now are the same foods I ate before and I have always done strength training but I wasn't careful with portion size and adjusting for changing activity levels so I'm eating less of the same healthy foods to lose weight so it's a diet to me. The lifestyle change part is that I will continue to monitor my portions and adjust appropriately for my activity level.
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I count calories, maintain a small deficit, eat back my exercise calories, run ~25 miles a week, and take Pilates classes for overall strength. I try not to deprive myself of anything I like, just eat less of it, but aim to meet my nutritional needs before hitting the treats.

Exactly this minus the running and pilates. I do 3 days a week at the gym for an hour each time, burning anywhere between 500 and 1000 calories, usually toward the upper end.

I thought at first I wasn't really eating that differently until I really looked back at what I was eating. Before I was eating as follows:

Breakfast: Big, unportioned bowl of Cheerios or 4 or 5 eggs with tons of salt and cheese.

Lunch: Can of some form of Chef Boyardee (now I don't even like that **** anymore :sick: )

Dinner: Two or three helpings of whatever was for dinner, usually smothered in salt and/orgravy. Rarely veggies.

Dessert: Some form of chocolate cake, or 6 cookies, or a whole pint of Ben and Jerrys...you get it.

Now I eat much better, these were my meals today:

Breakfast: Peach non-fat Chobani, 1 C of fruit salad, and a boiled egg with Frank's red hot

Lunch: Mock caesar salad (romaine, parm, few croutons, but 1 Tbsp of lite creamy Parmesan dressing instead of Caesar dressing) and a 4 oz fillet of chilean sea bass.

Dinner: Porkchop with bourbon mustard sauce (PM if you want the recipe, it is to-freaking-die for!), small portion mashed potatoes, and about 3/4 C of corn.

Dessert: 1/2 C of frozen lemon greek yogurt with blueberry swirl.

It's not much different, I really added more veg/fruit and cut down on portions. :)
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm following a plant centered diet. I eat meat, but the majority of my calories and nutrients comes from plants. So far, I have lost 70lbs (as of today!) and plan on continuing for ever :)
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm following a plant centered diet. I eat meat, but the majority of my calories and nutrients comes from plants. So far, I have lost 70lbs (as of today!) and plan on continuing for ever :)

Good job, you! :) Congrats on the loss!
  • dwyler21
    dwyler21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    TDEE - 25%, i try to burn more then 600 calories a day during exercise
  • thinking_thinly
    thinking_thinly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)

Good job, you! :) Congrats on the loss!
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    For a long time I got by on the "eat less, move more" diet. I lost 35lbs that way but plateaued. Now I'm doing TDEE-15%, running and crossfit. Seems to be working so far.
  • pHatWeenie
    Options
    Can someone help me please with TDEE?
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Can someone help me please with TDEE?

Sure! Lots of good info is here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

If you still feel like you need help, just send me a PM and I'll walk you through it.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I just changed my eating habits and count calories. I stopped eating fast food every day, and exercise regularly. It works for me..
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I don't diet. Never have and never will. And I've kept my 70lbs off for over 20 years. REAL FOOD, REALISTIC, and GET MOVING! That's my "diet"!!
  • johnsbarrow
    johnsbarrow Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started off with 5:2 then liked it so much I went to 4:3 and got some real good weight loss, now I'm drifting a little - more like 4.5:2.5 !!
    Must get back on track soon however.
  • fitnessbuilding
    Options
    No diet. Just Green tea and regular exercises works well for me for maintaining the fitness.:):)