Black Team week ? -- Pollyanna Challenge

Options

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Shuntae - Congrats!!! :drinker: That's so awesome!

Marla - ((hugs)) Right now, Harley just doesn't take naps and Cooper kicks me in the ribs. Not looking forward to the teenage years at all.

It is HOT here today - low 90's. Harley and I ran to the store. I about melted. I was all about winter being over but did we have to skip right to summer. What happened to the breeezy beautiful 75 degree days?...Oh, right a positive...Um, I'm glad there is a McDonald's not far down the street where I was able to get a large sweet tea on my way home from the grocery store. :bigsmile: How's that?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi Lori! Looking good!

I was thinking about the weather today. After a year of getting to know on line friends, I noticed everyone.......EVERYone complains about the weather except me!

I figured out it is not because I am so superior.......it is because the weather is just about always the same! I can imagine that if you had 20 degree weather for 3 months then 90 it would be a big change.

So next time someone says it is too hot down here I will let them know you get used to it and then it is normal.

I have worked my bootty off this week. So tired. O h and DH made dinner:noway: I guess once very 10 yrs is pretty good:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Sorry to keep you all in suspense...last night was insane with phone calls, and they have been making me work today!

BF (or fiance, now) always said that it would be some random day that I wasn’t expecting it, and was he ever right! I left work on time yesterday because I just couldn’t take any more of the crazy…and he was still home when I got there – was getting ready to go to the gym. So, I walked in the doorway and peeked over at my laptop to see if I had any mail. In doing so, I noticed that something was under the mail. Didn’t think much of it; just figured it was an anniversary gift he wanted to give me now. I went in the bedroom to put my bags down and take my shoes off, and after chatting with him for a bit, I went to look at the mail and check my running group to make sure we were still on. I picked up the mail and saw that the box under it was from Helzberg so of course I *had* to open it. Guess what I saw? Mmm Hmmm.

He came out into the living room, got down on his knee and asked me to marry him.
    My exact words, “Hell yeah, I’ll marry you!” :love: :love: :love:

Awwwwwww:love::heart: :love: You gave me a tear:cry:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :heart: good morning folks, did a good bit of emotional eating yesterday. Saw my Dr and had an abnormal mamogram so it is off to the surgeon today. They need to do a biopsy. I am more worried about the new procedure where you lay on your stomach and the girls hang down like you are in a milking machine.............some folks said this is very unconfortable .........alittle painful.....I think I have a low tolerance for pain I had a biopsy done on my uterus and it was painful.....I think I will ask the surgeon for a med to keep my nerves in tact..........have to wait to the 14th to get the procedure done.........small town. I resolve not to eat and eat today...........instead I will do something elce had to take the day off as the appointment isn't until midmorning..............no sub will work a portion of the day.
    Marla, I have a nephew similar to your son. My family did an intervention on me Mothers day weekend..........no more handouts they said...........he has to learn.............I have been enabling for about 12 years.... last year he got married to another nonworker.......I think that's when my boys saw I was being used you know if you can't take care of yourself why are you bringing someone new into the mix.......you and your husband are smart to do the right thing now. Hugs to all of you Richie.

You are in my prayers Richie:heart::heart:

Same here Richie. That just stinks. I had some a scare about 10 yrs ago and the wait is nerve wracking. My results were all negative.......so know this is still a good chance in your case.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    hey everyone..fabulous fabulous day!! great money at work, off the next 2 days..ran 6.75 miles..yippe and did 7.4 miles this morning..now off to bed!! See ya;ll
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Sorry to keep you all in suspense...last night was insane with phone calls, and they have been making me work today!

BF (or fiance, now) always said that it would be some random day that I wasn’t expecting it, and was he ever right! I left work on time yesterday because I just couldn’t take any more of the crazy…and he was still home when I got there – was getting ready to go to the gym. So, I walked in the doorway and peeked over at my laptop to see if I had any mail. In doing so, I noticed that something was under the mail. Didn’t think much of it; just figured it was an anniversary gift he wanted to give me now. I went in the bedroom to put my bags down and take my shoes off, and after chatting with him for a bit, I went to look at the mail and check my running group to make sure we were still on. I picked up the mail and saw that the box under it was from Helzberg so of course I *had* to open it. Guess what I saw? Mmm Hmmm.

He came out into the living room, got down on his knee and asked me to marry him.
    My exact words, “Hell yeah, I’ll marry you!” :love: :love: :love:

Nice Rock!!!!! So happy for you:heart::heart:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    My kids are loud and wound all to heck. It is late. ( LOL..... just as I typed these words, my DH goes, "Man, who charged their as$es?" ) I am tired and ready for bed. Considering heading to my room for the night just to get away from them! Sad.....yet true. My name is Lori and I hide from my pinging children........
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    hey guys-- told myself on my run I wasn't going to come back here and complain--

Instead, I'm going to tell you all I ran through the most miserable run of my life-- truly. Pain, swelling, exhaustion-- my arthritis is flaring miserably from the water weight, pain in the hands and feet beyond belief-- swollen legs so freaking big my shoes were cutting into my ankles, and my damn thighs were rubbing together-- haven't done that in over a year.

Not a happy camper.

BUT, I ran through it. And THAT'S what I knew I had to come back here and tell you-- tearfully. Don't stop my friends-- whatever you're going through right now, don't let it stop you. We're stronger than our pain, physical and emotional. We're stronger than our circumstances. We're the freaking black team.

The thought never occurred to me tonight in my rotten run to stop-- I knew I had to keep going. As my angel told me the other day, "one foot at a time. That's all you gotta do." And I got 3.6 miles in.

Heading to type, beloved-- don't give up. Ever.

Love you all.
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    hey guys-- told myself on my run I wasn't going to come back here and complain--

Instead, I'm going to tell you all I ran through the most miserable run of my life-- truly. Pain, swelling, exhaustion-- my arthritis is flaring miserably from the water weight, pain in the hands and feet beyond belief-- swollen legs so freaking big my shoes were cutting into my ankles, and my damn thighs were rubbing together-- haven't done that in over a year.

Not a happy camper.

BUT, I ran through it. And THAT'S what I knew I had to come back here and tell you-- tearfully. Don't stop my friends-- whatever you're going through right now, don't let it stop you. We're stronger than our pain, physical and emotional. We're stronger than our circumstances. We're the freaking black team.

The thought never occurred to me tonight in my rotten run to stop-- I knew I had to keep going. As my angel told me the other day, "one foot at a time. That's all you gotta do." And I got 3.6 miles in.

Heading to type, beloved-- don't give up. Ever.

Love you all.

See Marla- you always amaze me!

Lori- mine got out of school last full day was wednesday they were home an hour..can we swim can we go here can you take us there..I said its gonna be a long summer if ya;ll start that with me!!

Today was weigh in for me..after being up 4 pounds on wednesday I wasd truly scared...down 8 oz to 142.8 I will take it. up 2.10 percent in water adn 2/10 a percent in muscle..thats even better..Awesome awesome day on taptoday..heading out to the gym now then home to take kiddos to school for report card pick up..then back to the gym this afternoon...toda my friends is date night for hubby and I !!! He just dont know it yet!!

Have a awesome day...and your right marla..WE ARE THE BLACK TEAM!!
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    :heart: hope you feel better soon Marla, I was thinking of driving to work until I read your post I will walk:flowerforyou: I got my lab reports back. My weight loss did not change my cholesterol the bad one 275 so they put me on crestor..............I have never had to take "maintenance" drugs before. I sure hope I can get off them...........don't want to do this for the rest of my life but will to live a long one:wink: Have a great day everyone..........Cooling off a bit in upstate NY. Big Glass Festival here this weekend. Should be wonderful....Thankyou all for being here to let me share my hopes and complaints:blushing: Richie
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! i haven't posted in a while, but i'm always lurking! just wanted to say a quick hi to all! have a great memorial day weekend! :heart:

oh yeah, in case anyone hasn't seen it on facebook, andy's second "fit at five" news segment aired this week. here's the link:

http://www.wcsh6.com/video/default.aspx?aid=59931#/HealthBeat/Where To Start/49383985001/49657998001/87408529001
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    well everyne school is out and I have a big first grader and a big 7th grader...am I old enough to have a 7th grader?? Nope dont feel like I am..

Gonna bake today having a bbq tomorrow!! Toffee cheesecake cookies and lava cake!!!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! i haven't posted in a while, but i'm always lurking! just wanted to say a quick hi to all! have a great memorial day weekend! :heart:

oh yeah, in case anyone hasn't seen it on facebook, andy's second "fit at five" news segment aired this week. here's the link:

http://www.wcsh6.com/video/default.aspx?aid=59931#/HealthBeat/Where To Start/49383985001/49657998001/87408529001

Great video Beth, thanks for sharing. You will need an update.....when baby makes 3!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Marla - I hope you are feeling better again soon. You are such an inspiration. When I think of all the things you are going through and how you seem to always get through, looking at the positive side of things...truly inspirational....thank you!

Richie - Hugs to you. I hope you are feeling better as well.

Lori P - Your date is coming soon isn't it? You look great. not sure if that's an updated picture

Tanya - Glad to see you have your hubby home. It felt like a long time to me, can't imagine what it felt like for you.

Jeannie - I try not to complain about the weather because I am thankful for 4 seasons! Something you all don't get to experience (unless you hop on that plane and come up for a Black Team reunion!)

Heading down to the Jersey Shore tonight. Running in probably my 15th year in the the Spring Lake 5 mile run to kick off the summer season. Always a great time with 7000 of my closest friends! followed by brunch aka beers at the local watering hole that opens up to all for a free lunch.

Don't know if I'll get on to post over the weekend
    I hope everyone has a Happy and Safe Memorial Day weekend!:heart::heart:

I am thankful to all those who have gone before us and will remember their service this Memorial Day!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Hey everyone I updated my ticker...I completed my goal of 1000 miles even before half the year was over..So gonna head for 2000 miles..I got this I have confidence..

My son tried out for baritone in band today and made it..The band teacher said that he hit notes on the baritone that he never hit on trumpet even a year after practice...He has been practicing for about an hour, I am about to go bonkers...Waiting on cheesecake to get out of oven then heading running or the gym for another hour!!

I knew today was gonna be an awesome day!!!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Tamara - well done on hitting your goal - good luck going for the next one :smile:

Marla - I hope you get better soon, sending you hugs :drinker:

Beth - hello, love the video

Donna - good luck with your 5 mile run, enjoy

To everyone else, I hope that you have a good memorial weekend.

We have a bank holiday weekend here, so am planning a bbq for monday (as I have my chef home :laugh: ). Got to go, need to put petrol in the beast on the way to take Thomas to Sea Cadets. Have a great one, xx
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    well everyne school is out and I have a big first grader and a big 7th grader...am I old enough to have a 7th grader?? Nope dont feel like I am..

Gonna bake today having a bbq tomorrow!! Toffee cheesecake cookies and lava cake!!!

Dang..... for some reason I read 'tofu cheesecake cookies' and thought that you had lost your mind. :laugh:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Lori P - Your date is coming soon isn't it? You look great. not sure if that's an updated picture

I'm due the 4th of July, only 5 1/2 more weeks...not that I'm counting or anything. :laugh: That picture is from Easter. Here is the one from last Sunday.

34wks.jpg
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Loreeb!- So excited for you! I'm sure your done being pregnant. For those of you who arent on facebook, Beth and I had an ultrasound last week and it's.....ANOTHER BOY! God has made a "No girls" thing clear. Looks like it's three boys for us. lol

Tamara-Way to go on the 1000 miles. I'm so proud of all you do!

Got some new running shoes today so I am looking forward to taking them for a test drive tommorow. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Have a good night all!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    I am finishing an awesome day off with a win on my sons ballgame...just to remind you we have only won 1 and tonight we shut the other team out..5-0.. I am so excited...So i left the ball field with no kids but a ball bag..How does that happen???

My daughter went to another one of my friends house and was involved in a car accident...she is ok? So I am ok..

Well off to eat dinner with the wonderful hubbby!!

Then bed gotta run my 10 miles in the morning and hit the gym for 90 minutes to get ready for my bbq!!! I am gonna celebrate memorial day sat!! I work monday!!