Black Team week ? -- Pollyanna Challenge

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,757 Member
    Options
    Morning all. The kids want pancakes. I dont' wanna.

I want to put a new playlist on my ipod. Our gate to gate is tomorrow. 4.4 miles. I realized yesterday where the run takes place. It's the road along the flight line, in this wide open, flat space with nothing but pavement, no trees, no shade, you can see forever. Ugh! I think driving it feels forever, now I'm going to go try and run it? I've got to get a different mindset happening here.

I really have no goals, no expectations. It will be what it will be. You guys know I'm not that much of a runner. I do it because it gives me the best calorie burn, plain and simple. I would like to do it in under an hour, I would like to run it all. If either one of those things don't happen, I can honestly say it will be ok with it.

I envy those people who love the run, I envy those people who enter a race with a goal and push to achieve it. Running doesn't stir up those things in me.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Boobi - glad that you have your family together, have a great time

giggle.gif

Tanya said Boobi-- giggle.gif

'morning everyone.

Funny thing is that may just be the way she says it in her lovely English accent :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Morning all. The kids want pancakes. I dont' wanna.

I want to put a new playlist on my ipod. Our gate to gate is tomorrow. 4.4 miles. I realized yesterday where the run takes place. It's the road along the flight line, in this wide open, flat space with nothing but pavement, no trees, no shade, you can see forever. Ugh! I think driving it feels forever, now I'm going to go try and run it? I've got to get a different mindset happening here.

I really have no goals, no expectations. It will be what it will be. You guys know I'm not that much of a runner. I do it because it gives me the best calorie burn, plain and simple. I would like to do it in under an hour, I would like to run it all. If either one of those things don't happen, I can honestly say it will be ok with it.

I envy those people who love the run, I envy those people who enter a race with a goal and push to achieve it. Running doesn't stir up those things in me.

You can do this woman! I know how daunting the wide open Florida plains are :wink: with nary a tree in sight. I do not run so can’t commiserate with you there............but think of the calorie burn. That is what keeps me going on any long walk.......the calories I will see on that HRM!!

I am so proud of you girl, you have no idea! :smooched: :smooched:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options

giggle.gif

'morning everyone.

Funny thing is that may just be the way she says it in her lovely English accent :bigsmile:

Oops no - meant bobbi, but typing quicker than I'm reading...... sorry :blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Morning all from the nut house!!!

Jeannie - have you finished all your digging?

I didnt even notice you are here!!! LOL

The digging is done. DH put in the system and did a lovely job. I remember why I love him during these projects :love:
    Of course, next weekend I will have to put the dirt BACK........:sick: PLUS fill in the 55 yr old septic tank in the ground. Now THAT should be fun.

You may want to avoid the posts here when that is going on :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

giggle.gif

'morning everyone.

Oops no - meant bobbi, but typing quicker than I'm reading...... sorry :blushing:

tis fine, you gave us our giggle for this morning
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Checking in momma marla..

My run was great and my workout after my run was great for 1800 calories burned

You never cease to amaze me girl!!:smokin:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

giggle.gif

'morning everyone.

Shucks, Tanya-- I was just being a 7 year old-- no worries.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Lori, I love to run. But, I, too, envy the runners with the major goals of times and personal bests. My angel from last week on my run asked me what my goal was for the half marathon in September. I told her my goal was to finish, without stopping.

So, my friend, make that your goal. Just do it. Run it. Don't stop. Handle the discomfort. Pace yourself wisely. And finish without stopping.

So proud of you. Can't wait to hear.

Enjoy your pancakes!
  • 72lori
    Options
    I opted out on pancake making. Instead declared the whole family was going biking, even though 2 of the 4 wanted to stay in bed. I would not have pushed it if they hated riding, they dont', they are just lazy arses, so I made 'em all go. We loaded up, filled bikes with air, got water, got post ride snacks, got all the bikes on the back of the cars, got gas, drove the 20 minutes to the trails and it started storming.

For real! So much for forced family fun. :wink:

However, hubs did go and do his boater safety thing. One of the perks of these 'deplayment pass' things he got (free bowling) is that we can rent anything from outdoor rec including boats and campers for free. I only wish it lasted longer. We just got them so we are cramming it all in quick before they expire. The people that had these things for a whole year made out!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    hey evryone just a quick stop in..Didnt make as much as I wanted to today but still more then I had when I showed up!!

My throat is killing me, feels like I could be coming down with strep throat..hope not

I plan on heading the the gym in the morning..that is my friends as long and my thraot and knee lets me!!

Well going food shopping..I worked all day and came home to a house the same way I left it at 615 am this morning..A little pissy becasue I walk in the door..Not feeling well and they know this and they say hey momma can we go swimming? I said didn daddy take ya'll to the movies, and they said yeah..and then I said well good you dont have to do a bunch of fun stuff in one day..movies were good for today..

If they think I am gonna entertain them everyday I have news for them....NOT!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Feel better, Tamara--

My youngun's have begged to go to the pool all weekend. We bought a summer membership and I told them we would NOT be going every day, that life is just too crazy, blah, blah, blah-- but, that especially while Daddy's away all summer, we'd be sure to go as much as we could, yada, yada.

We bought the membership Friday, they begged yesterday and today. We're going tomorrow, definitely, but that's not enough.

Kids-- can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em, eh?

Hope everyone's having a good day--

We're close to rolling this thread-- who will be the lucky one?
  • Marla64
    Options
    TAKING A POLL--

Time for my biennial haircut. No, I'm not kidding. Last time I got a haircut was January of '08-- beyond that, I trim my own bangs, and have even trimmed everything else. ( I got layers in last time-- layers and I DON'T get along.....why do I never remember that when I'm hormonal? Worst haircuts I've ever had have been either just before having a baby or just after-- duhhhh)

Anyway-- layers are nearly grown out. Just one very long one left.....

Here's my query-- my hair is so stinkin' thick and wavy that all I ever do with it is throw it up in a ponytail--

Soooooo--

Short and sassy ponytail?

Or--

Long and luxurious ponytail?

Should I just get a wee trim?

Or lop 4-5 inches off and have a lighter ponytail to tote this summer? (right now I'm sporting about a 14 inch tail when it's all up from stem to stern)

Signed,
    Notoriously Indecisive in New Jersey
  • salwest
    salwest Posts: 1
    Options
    Okay team-- j'ever see the movie Pollyanna? Sweet little orphaned girl, living with cold, Aunt Polly-- always found SOMETHING to be glad about.

I was heading downstairs to get laundry, ready to grumble because my new washers are set up in the garage instead of the laundry room, and I had to trudge it from the garage to the laundry room blah, blah, blah-- wretch that I am.

Suddenly it hits me-- how much worse would it be to go to the Laundromat? Sheesh!!!!!!!

We complain so easily about so many things my friend--

Our challenge this week, if you'll forgive me Batman for butting in, is for each of us every day to post something for which we're glad and/or thankful-- blessings abound, my friends-- we shall find them and acknowledge them this week. Accentuate the positive!

I'm glad I have a washing machine in my home and I don't have to go to the Laundromat!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    I've got pretty thick wavy/sorta curly hair too. It's a flipping beast. I sport a pony tail most of the time. For a brief little bit a few years back it was too short for one and I didn't like it. As much time as I spend at the gym, I need to be able to throw it up quick and easy. I wore a hat or visor a lot then.

I am letting mine grow out. At least today. For me, it's all about product. What I put in my hair makes a huge difference. I dont' buy expensive stuff, but I need lots of stuff. My hair sucks it up like you wouldn't believe. I probably use more gel in one time than my hubs uses in 2 months.

Hmmm, a vote, that's hard. Just don't go so short you cant' pull it back. What does your hubs say?
  • Marla64
    Options
    I've got pretty thick wavy/sorta curly hair too. It's a flipping beast. I sport a pony tail most of the time. For a brief little bit a few years back it was too short for one and I didn't like it. As much time as I spend at the gym, I need to be able to throw it up quick and easy. I wore a hat or visor a lot then.

I am letting mine grow out. At least today. For me, it's all about product. What I put in my hair makes a huge difference. I dont' buy expensive stuff, but I need lots of stuff. My hair sucks it up like you wouldn't believe. I probably use more gel in one time than my hubs uses in 2 months.

Hmmm, a vote, that's hard. Just don't go so short you cant' pull it back. What does your hubs say?

Oh I wouldn't go that short, anyway-- hubs would leave me. (on second thought-- hmmmm :wink: ) I'm a blonde ponytail one way or another. And super thick. Super wavy. Super dry. Super coarse.

I'm like you-- tons of product on my hair, except Felix Unger to whom I'm married starts honking over the scent-- :noway: so I have to tread lightly. (wouldn't life be easier single sometimes? I swear!!)
  • Marla64
    Options
    oh what the heck-- I'm claiming the new thread--

If someone doesn't beat me first!
  • Marla64
    Options
    I hereby declare the Pollyanna Challenge a success-- bravo, my positive friends!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Someone else must come up with a new one-- or just follow on over to the this one, part deux!

Love to my friends!