Have fun!!!
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    are you standing in the bathtub? lol
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you are going, somewhere relaxing - 1st dress, somewhere a little more up class - 2nd dress.

Either one you look stunning in though.
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question on a diet/fitness site right now? Whenever other women write posts like these people are generally very quick to point out the attention-seeking behavior. Of course she looks great, but come on guys!

It's called fun, PeggySue.

No harm, no foul....
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    btw, not to single anyone out for attention but earlier in this thread there was a very lovely looking 72 year old lady who responded positively. I thought that was incredibly awesome!
  • radiantsunshine40
    radiantsunshine40 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    POINT MADE! HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD! 6 KIDS AND A LACK OF ATTENTION! BOY, SOMETHING GONE WRONG???
    Looks like someone's fishing 4 attention from the public that she's not getting @ home . . .
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    WELL, WRITTEN! I thoroughly enjoyed the read!!!

So the hubby and I are going out this weekend without the babies for the first time in a year. I would very much like him to leave his cell phone in his pocket. Now I know some of you are going to say "Well then just ask him to stay off of his cell phone". I am female though and what I really want is not just for him to put the cell phone away, I want him to want to look at me instead of his cell phone. With that in mind: Which of these dresses should I wear? Tight and cleavage showing or kinda flowing at the bottom to tempt him with easier access?
    79c37f73-101f-4fc8-afa4-6e403a1bb398_zpsbaf82a58.jpg
    8e049ae3-9eb7-4719-8880-0ef03c46c215_zps735a6ded.jpg

After reading your post and the comments that followed I was interested in your story so I went to your page and followed your link to the Huffington post article. I can sympathize with being the "ugly one" among syblings, but rest assured you were never ugly. Still we carried those little hurts around with us like little scarlet letters forever. I'm getting close to my goal weight now too and little things like being cold (I live in Georgia) and not having the seatbelt cut into you are those little unexpected side effects of being thinner.

You describe your husband as "wonderful" and I sure he is. He obviously loved you at your original weight and I'm sure he still loves you now. You spent a lot of time recently focused on yourself and on your children, but now is the time to refocus on your relationship. He may have felt left out of the process you went through (that's how my girlfriend feels sometimes), or perhaps he doesn't fully understand why you felt you needed to make this change. If he feels disconnected from you a little then he may use his phone as a way to distract himself from that fact when the two of you are alone. Heck, It's been a year so may he's just out of practice!

As far as the dress goes, it doesn't matter which one you wear because he'll think you are beautiful in either one. All you have to do is remind him that you're still the same woman he fell in love with. That eye contact you talk about wanting? Make sure you get it from him and when he does just smile. It will all come back to him. Don't force him to give up his phone, make him want to.

Have fun!

Thanks!
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    sorry i was looking at my phone.

hehe...anyway, #2.
  • anmd68
    anmd68 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Both dresses look amazing. A dinner privately exchange the phone in his pocket with your panties. My wife did this on our 5th year aniversary torchuring me until the check finally came and we got to the car.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    So, where is the update from the OP? Which dress did she wear? Did she communicate to him her wishes regarding the phone either directly or indirectly and how did that go? Inquiring minds and all.....
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    second one for sure
  • LandonRand
    LandonRand Posts: 166
    Options
    I just wanted to chime in and say we need more of these threads!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I have a uterus, but want to answer anyhow. I like #2. And if he takes out the phone, gently grab it from him and put it in your purse without another word...

No, don't put it in your purse. Put it in your cleavage and tell him he can get it later. I like the second one. Shows your curves more. Good luck and have fun!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    2nd Dress
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Well someone asked for an update. Last night went very well and I am happy to report the only time the phone came out of his pocket was when we got a little lost and needed a bit of gps assistance. I went with dress 2 and he loved it :love: I didn't talk to him about it ahead of time but he either remembered past conversations or it is possible my friend Tara who is his best friend delivered the message. Either way it went very well and I am thankful to all of you for the advise and opinions!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    *applause*
  • kevingarbs
    Options
    I like the second one and I think it is great you have lost 100 pounds!!
    that's a lot of weight to shed!
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    yep, i can see why its number 2, i d wear that myself !!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Yes! I picked second dress too and happy for that but we still need more info about the rest of the night ro should we just guess?
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the next date will be even better!