the best thing you bought that helped you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• traceyleighgirl
    traceyleighgirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm sure someone has said this but....

A bike!

Instrumental in my weight loss journey..Could not have done it without one, even though I was embarrassed with all my fat jiggling 40 pounds ago. But I stuck it out and I feel great biking!
  • iiijeniii
    iiijeniii Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Best money I've ever spent: 4+ years of sessions with a trainer.
    Most recently though - my Fitbit. It has helped me get the last 10 or so pounds off.
  • TriggerStorm1309
    TriggerStorm1309 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Was stuck and couldnt lose weight for the life of me, So i would have to say my BodymediaFit, It has defiantly opened my eyes and i have i lost 5 lbs in a month since having it! May not seem like alot to you but for me five pounds off is better then 5 pounds on
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Personal training sessions! :smile:
    It's amazing how much you can be pushed to acheive!
  • trulabfloyd
    Options
    For sure it was jogging shoes. Then comes sweat pants!:laugh:
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Excellent running shoes & nice workout outfit!!!
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    A heart-rate monitor. :wink:

8488541.png
  • Razzlebari
    Razzlebari Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1. My gym membership. Having access to BodyPump classes is HUGE for me - I need encouragement and a class atmosphere to lift weights, especially for 60 minutes at a time.

2. My BodyMedia FIT. I've worn one (several different models) for 2+ years, now, and being able to track my progress over that period of time is invaluable. Plus, it totally gets me psyched to try new challenges and see what my burn for the day will be. I broke my calories burned record (3082 cals in a day) just a few days ago on my first hike up a particular mountain. You can bet your booty that's a hike I'll continue to repeat!

3. My iPhone. I have so many fitness apps on here, it's ridiculous... but somehow I keep on using all of them. Nike+, BodyMedia FIT, Withings, RunKeeper, MFP.. it's kind of ridiculous, isn't it?

4. My Blendtec blender. Finally adding greens to my smoothies and juices isn't totally nasty!

5. Food. I spend so much money on food (for one person!), but I never regret my edible purchases. I get a box of organic produce delivered every other week, and it has opened up my culinary world! Swiss chard! Beets! Nante carrots! I look forward to it like an oversized present. :)

Good luck!
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    food scale, gym membership, PT sessions.. and real food ;)
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Food scale. $20 at KMart.

Editing to say that I also switched gyms, which added about $10 a month to my overall expenses, and is totally worth it. I also upped my personal training time, but I don't think that's really helped me lose weight -- just keeps me motivated and strong.
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Polar heart rate monitor
    Fitbit
    Food Scale

I'm considering the Aria scale that syncs with the fitbit once my LO is here and I can really get back on track.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    HRM! Heart rate monitor is my number 1 motivation :)
  • bsmith404
    bsmith404 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Food scale and heart rate monitor.
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Food Scale, FitBit pedometer and it's app, Endomondo app, and awesome music. Those are the best motivators I have. I haven't lost much this time around, but I had my first child a year ago and I lost 40lbs with those tools before. Looking to lose 90lbs now. :)
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    bodymedia fit I have link, but the Bluetooth is iffy so the other one that's the same thing but without blue tooth would be just as good imo.

food scale

new sneakers

I came back about 2 months ago and had the initial quick loss couple of pounds, then I quit smoking, hovered within the same five pounds for a while(I was eating to maintain) now I'm attempting to lose weight again, and just readjusted my goals(mental goals- I leave mfp on maintain cuz I use the piggybank method) these things have helped me maintain and lose a couple of pounds while transitioning from smoker to non smoker, (no weight gain yay!) now I'm looking forward to seeing the weight come off

I think those are the only things that I really use all the time... I have a gym membership, I use it sometimes.. I have some dumbbells (5, 10, 15, 20) I use them sometimes... I bought a hrm and sold it to my sister(chest straps hurt me-well atleast if I want to use it on a reg basis, she doesn't have a prob using it a couple of times a week) I have zumba for wii and kinects, jillian michaels 30ds, other things that I use sometimes, I think it comes down to if I want to move I'm going to... the first three ones are things that assist keeping the balance tipped in my favor.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i have to second the fitbit/bodymedia/orHRM ideas. also, good workout clothes that wick away sweat. also, my hand weights. youd be surprised at what you can do with some hand weights. i lost 37 lbs using them!!
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    For me it has been an HRM and a food scale. I can accurately gauge my calorie burn and no more second guessing on how many ounces of food I am intaking. This has worked wonders for me and kept me on track.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    My bicycle.
  • pettycoatjunction
    pettycoatjunction Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    pedometer and a workout buddy
  • juliedor
    juliedor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thermomix,good kitchen scales,wiifit.