the best thing you bought that helped you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• blantondwb
    blantondwb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Go for the elliptical!
  • magpie0
    magpie0 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Definitely a gym membership. You don't need anything else.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Lots of chicken. :bigsmile:
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    food scale
    measuring tape
  • juliedor
    juliedor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I got my lovely labradoodle dog and now I have to walk every day.At first it was a chore and now I look forward to it.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I think a heart rate monitor is the best thing you can get to help you lose weight, if you don't know roughly how many calories you are really burning, you don't know if you're pushing yourself at your best.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    to be honest, the most helpful thing I have for weight loss is a food scale.....I was very surprised by some serving sizes!!

this!!
  • MindyMcCraw
    Options
    My Food Scale, Inline skates, and Running shoes. I don't do gyms or DVD's but I love being outside so I would rather Skate, walk, jog/run. I also push my son in the stroller one mile to the park and back. There are so many ways to get moving :)
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My large vitamin stash! Upped my energy big time!
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oops forgot my PEDOMETER! (never go without :-)
  • dianamatienzo
    Options
    A food scale! It'll help with the accuracy of your consumption and you'll notice such a huge difference. I love my food scale; if you can invest in a really good one, invest in one that can hold a lot of weight, has a "tare" option, and has different measurements. Nothing fancy that has food data or anything. And if you'd like something else, get fitted for good quality shoes. They'll make the world of a difference! :)
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    My bodymedia

this^^

and a good pair of running shoes
  • lfergurson1
    lfergurson1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    scale fit bit and workout gear good sports bras arent cheap! Good luck.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Fitness pal was free, but that's the biggest thing! Besides that, the combo of the fitbit stuff I have helps alot for motivation. Fitbit aria scale and fitbit one tracker. I seriously get upset if I don't hit my 10,000 steps. I'll literally go out for a walk at night (mall walking) just to hit that magic number. It's super motivational and all this stuff working together is what is helping me lose weight. I can't imagine going without it
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    A good pair of running shoes:happy:
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    food scale and it's not even close
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    For me it was ice skates (in winter) and roller blades (in summer). They made exercise a fun outing instead of a boring chore. I would say invest in anything fitness-related that you really look forward to using.

Or, you could try out some different kinds of exercises: dance classes, kayaking, rock climbing - whatever strikes your fancy. You just might find something that you love!
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Sneakers. Honestly my best move was free-MFP. I didn't notice much progress until I began logging.
  • Druidor
    Druidor Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The Endomondo app for my phone & the old mountain bike I was given. Allows me to get out and exercise without hurting my knees and no interruptions from the family.

Getting a new road bike soon so will be fitted to me properly.

Best thing Endomondo links to MFP
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Digital Food scales - brilliant