the best thing you bought that helped you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Fitness center membership. I'm compelled to use things I pay for.

I wish that worked for me. I've wasted thousands over the years.
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Food Scale, HRM (Polar FT7), 30 Day Shred DVD and hand weights, and fitness games for the X-Box Kinect. And having workout clothes that fit, look cute, and don't make me look like a cow (like the giant T-shirts and sweats I was wearing before) were pretty motivating, too.
  • KickyLegs
    KickyLegs Posts: 53
    Options
    In order of awesomeness for weight loss:

1. Bicycle - Hands down the best for me! (I cycle whenever I need to get anywhere, even if I'm in a dress).

2. Treadmill - Although I prefer to run outside, I can track progress better with treadmill data)

3. Pilates mat - Pilates mat is much thicker than a yoga mat which helps me exercises longer without feeling hurt.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    The 'Zombies, Run!' app, and my new gym membership.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, let me see:

1) Good shoes - Asics. I buy a new pair every 4-6 months. They last a good long while even with all the walking I do so I have 3 pairs since I started losing weight (Jan 2012) that I rotate. About $80 each, I always catch the sales.

2) Hula hoop - I bought a kid's toy hoop I bought at walmart for $3. Just ordered a weighted exercise hoop the other day for $17.

3) Walking DVD - Leslie Sansone's 5 Mile Fat Burner DVD is AWESOME, I use it every single day! It was $8 at the evil empire (walmart).

4) Food scale - $13, bought off ebay

5) HRM - $90, my husband bought it for me at D-IC-K's Sporting Goods

6) Sports bras - I won't workout if I'm jiggling. Bought 5 good ones (Danskin) at Target for $5 each.

7) Tape measure - I forget where I bought it, maybe Walgreens, but it was only $2.

New things I'm buying this month:

1) A new Leslie Sansone DVD

2) A Rodney Yee yoga DVD

3) A good jump rope

LOL! edited because the site blocked out the name of D...'ks Sporting Good's store :laugh:
  • shannonahenderson
    Options
    my scale...my food scale, that is! ;-)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Oh and I forgot the gym, we have a family membership at the YMCA. It was $100 joiner fee and then $76 a month. Well worth the money!
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Pedometer, Exercise DVDs
  • thesoup11
    thesoup11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    There a new richard simmons program called hope project its really kool i havent bought it yet but i want to its a 90 day complete system
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My Trek bicycle. I ride anywhere from 200 to 400 miles a month.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Fitbit.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My FitBit. My boyfriend bought it for me as a birthday present and I've worn it almost every day since. I love my Fitty.

I just bought a Body Fat % meter so that may be my favorite soon... if it gives me good numbers.
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    my bicycle! it gets me out in the fresh air and helps tone my legs. i'm so glad the weather is warming up so i can use it again.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone 5 Mile dvd
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and ripped in 30 dvds
    a scale
    a tape measure
    downloading MFP on my cell phone
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    -Polar HRM
    -new Asics for my dumb feet--they make me wanna walk/run
    -tennis gear
    -food scale
    -dumbbells
    --recumbent bike my boyfriend bought me a few Christmas' ago. I like it because I can sit and watch tv while racking up some miles.
  • LadyMustard
    LadyMustard Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The two things I've found to be absolutely essential:

1) My iPad!!!!!
    Bought it specifically for e-textbooks for classes, however I've found that I'm using it more for fitness reasons than anything else, even gaming. Obviously there's the MyFitnessPal app (I NEVER would've considered counting calories or "dieting"without it, the barcode scan feature is very useful). I use it for music when I'm biking/working out, internet for general knowledge, kindle app for e-texts on fitness/nutrition... the list goes on. My husband has one as well and it makes logging food for the both of us when making meals A LOT easier. Once you have a tablet/smart phone for use with MFP, you'll wonder how you lived without it.

2) Polar FT4 HRM

These things are awesome, and my FT4 helps keep me motivated. Makes it really easy to log calories burned for exercises, even the more... unconventional... ones that MFP doesn't have: I once logged the calories burned for an hour of dancing at a techno-geek rave dance which followed an anime convention I attended last month. Worth every penny for these guys!!
  • lynn413
    lynn413 Posts: 40
    Options
    For me it was a treadmill! Its great because I love to walk and if the weather is bad outside I can walk on my treadmill. I enjoy the different programs as well but my favorite is the incline. Gives you a great burn!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    food scale and measuring cups
  • lynn413
    lynn413 Posts: 40
    Options
    Oh yeah........my ipod for music and my iphone with the Endomondo app which I use when I walk outdoors as it uses a GPS ans maps my routes for me.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Fruits and Vegetables (learn how to prepare vegetables so they are enjoyable)

Oh yeah and totally agree with that! Vegetables when I eat them regularly are my savior. Cut them up and snack on them throughout the day.