the best thing you bought that helped you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me Zumba for the Xbox Kinect, this is my daily workout
  • Trishwish32
    Options
    My elliptical! It was sitting collecting dust for a while, and I get on it again, and boom, I'm losing weight again! LOL. Must be doing something right.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    The single most important item in my arsenal: a great pair of running shoes. fo' sho.
  • MikeNoTalent
    MikeNoTalent Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A set of Kettlebells and then a new heavier Kettlebell after I blew through the beginner set. Not a bad $82 invested.
  • ebonijo2
    ebonijo2 Posts: 73
    Options
    Food scale & HRM
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Food scale & HRM
  • Cinnamonhuskies
    Cinnamonhuskies Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good brand name walking and running shoes. Can't skimp there!

Oh...and Zumba classes <3
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    food scale and elliptical machine, neck and neck finish.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    A gym membership...?
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy it as such but the MyFitnessPal app for my iPhone has been a Godsend as I don't always have access to a PC when I need to know if I have room for an extra bit of this or that.

For actual money spent, then my Cyclops fluid trainer for my previously ignored mountain bike. Now I can just jump on it if I have 20mins while I'm waiting for something to come out of the oven etc rather than trying to find an hour to make digging the bike out worth my while - one less excuse!
  • mychellelynne
    mychellelynne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have a few:

1. My heart rate monitor - MFP was way over on their calculations so it helped to see a better estimated number.
    2. Food scale because I obviously was always eating more than 1 serving.
    3. My hand weights and exercise ball. I feel like I can take them anywhere and they are easy to transport.

We also have a stationary bike, treadmill and elliptical. I use them all but I usually rotate on who is my favorite.

BUT by far the best one was my personal trainer. I see her 1x a week and I see such a difference.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    kitchen scale and measuring cups/spoons. Use them ALL the time!
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruits & veggies. Truly!
  • cyndyeadams
    Options
    From your profile pix I'm guessing you have a little one so I would get a joggin stroller and put it to use her weight would add resistance, more calories burned. And if you have free time a bike, fresh air and a change of scenery makes excercise more enjoyable.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Fitness center membership. I'm compelled to use things I pay for.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Measurement tape. Seeing that I lost inches is what kept me motivated.

Also, I bought some clothes that are a size or two too small. It inspires me because they're so cute and I just want to wear them! It has worked. I've dropped a couple pants sizes since doing this.
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If you choose the gym membership from the list of suggestions here, you may want to check with your I health insurance to see if they pay anything towards it - often they will pay up to $200 a year towards a gym membership
  • karlajotj
    karlajotj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My Bicycle! First bike 2011, next one 20I2. I didn't realize that I'd be so obsessed over riding. It has really helped me get into shape! I Love riding! I can't get enough!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Whatever you'll actually use. In the past, I've bought a stairmaster, a glute machine, and at least one other big expensive piece of equipment that I HAD to have that I never used.

But when I do resume exercise (I'm very sporadic), many others things that I or my family own come in handy. They include:

Dumbbells
    A body bar
    Swiss balls (don't have a bench and can use for pec flies, etc.)
    Bosu (almost never use it)
    Electronic jump rope (can't find it, but it sort of helped)
    Balance platform (seldom use it)
    Lebert equalizer bars (can use for pushups and dips, but I suffered the worst injury in my life when I did a lateral jumping exercise over them)
    Stretch straps (they help, but the latest information is that stretching may not be necessary)
    Exercise mats (I have a thick one by Harbinger and a flat one)
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Fruits and Vegetables (learn how to prepare vegetables so they are enjoyable)
    c25k run training program (free)
    New running shoes
    Gym membership (if you need people around to get into the exercise mood/don't need to adjust exercise schedule due to the weather)