the best thing you bought that helped you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Oh yea the utlimate MUST my Shuffle and a good pair of headphones and some good music. WIthout that my running shoes would become storage shoes.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Proper food.

Yep... Real healthy food, 'don't do diets' Eat well at below you BMR move and lift stuff, you can do it, good luck :glasses:

Lots of Groceries!
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My fitbit followed closely by my gym membership/trainer.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I know eating less and working more is the key to loosing weight, but i want something else anything else to help me drop the pounds! I have a bit of cash that I want to spend on myself but I dont know what to get, I was thinking maybe an elliptal trainer for home or an ab-tek belt...?! Ideas are welcome :)

Internet connection (knowledge)
    Gym Membership
    Food
    = profit
  • jhstroebel
    jhstroebel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I second KT Tape (Rocktape is actually a better product but you have to cut it instead of having the handy strips, but it adheres way better if the tape is going to be subjected to water or sweat) as an injury treatment method. I spent a decent amount of $$$ on tape for a handful of months but it allowed me to continue to train and play through an otherwise impossible ankle injury that could have derailed my journey completely. Maybe even better money spent than anything else I listed before!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    personal trainer.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    P90X and a pull-up bar!

:smile:
  • andrewh2010
    andrewh2010 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    to be honest, the most helpful thing I have for weight loss is a food scale.....I was very surprised by some serving sizes!!

For exercise, I downloaded the C25k app from RunDouble and am now running!! I used to hate running on the treadmill, but being outside and using an app made all the difference! Now I love it...and it's time for me! :)

+1 for food scale, $8.00 could not have been better spent.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    HRM, food scale and workout DVDs
  • Nikki_WantsIt
    Nikki_WantsIt Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Healthy food o'course... ANDDDD some motivation clothes..
  • mzteebell
    mzteebell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Polar H7 Heart rate monitor
  • kebuda
    kebuda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My FitBit. Great mesure of your activity level and syncs with MFP!
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    My fav fitness gizmos are: My treadmill, My spin bike, my Polar HRM, and my fitbit! :)
  • pipsqueakmoni
    Options
    Absolutely an elliptical! I love mine. It's right there when you need it and you save time and excuses because you don't have to go anywhere. Also by having one in your home you can break up your workout into manageable minutes on days when you're not feeling as energetic.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I second KT Tape (Rocktape is actually a better product but you have to cut it instead of having the handy strips, but it adheres way better if the tape is going to be subjected to water or sweat) as an injury treatment method. I spent a decent amount of $$$ on tape for a handful of months but it allowed me to continue to train and play through an otherwise impossible ankle injury that could have derailed my journey completely. Maybe even better money spent than anything else I listed before!

I'm going to have to check that out. I waste 1 of 3 strips getting the KT Tape to stick but the relief is worth it! Cutting my own is probably more cost effective anyway.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Treadmill, although it was years ago and for my husband mostly. But now I use it 5x more.
  • IFlover90
    IFlover90 Posts: 62
    Options
    A dog.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Just about everything I've bought has helped. Top best investments

1- HRM Polar FT7
    2- Nike Freerunners
    3- Measuring cups (definitely need a better food scale)
    4- Exercise equipment : Kettlebells (1) TurboFire (2) Free Weights (3) Jump Rope (4)
    5- Gym Membership
  • jackaroo21
    jackaroo21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Gym membership
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    A used treadmill.....best $200 I've EVER spent.

In addition, before I was a member of MFP (and when I lost my weight), I bought small notebooks to write down what I was eating, and how many "carbs" each contained, as well as logging how far I walked. Best $1.00 investment ever. Now I log my food and activity here on MFP. I also have a spreadsheet that I use to keep track of my miles throughout the year.

Kaye