the best thing you bought that helped you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    A food scale and my juicer.:drinker:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    A good HRM. All the machines and the internet activities calculators are way off when it comes to calories burned.

So are HRMs. HRMs are worse because they have an air of authority despite being horrendously inaccurate when it comes to calorie burn.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Oly bar, weights, and a bench.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I have an elliptical trainer at home and it's an overpriced coat hanger -> better try the gym membership thing.

How is a gym membership going to work better than using what you have at home? I wouldn't work better for me, anyway. I have an elliptical and I love it!
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My monthly membership to my local YMCA :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Definitely my insanity dvds! Best $140 I ever spent.
    ^^ This and my Turbofire.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    my gym membership and my biggest loser digital food scale!

ME TOO!! I was thinking the same thing gym membership and I love love my BL food scale...:happy:
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Sneakers
  • jhstroebel
    jhstroebel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I second KT Tape (Rocktape is actually a better product but you have to cut it instead of having the handy strips, but it adheres way better if the tape is going to be subjected to water or sweat) as an injury treatment method. I spent a decent amount of $$$ on tape for a handful of months but it allowed me to continue to train and play through an otherwise impossible ankle injury that could have derailed my journey completely. Maybe even better money spent than anything else I listed before!

I'm going to have to check that out. I waste 1 of 3 strips getting the KT Tape to stick but the relief is worth it! Cutting my own is probably more cost effective anyway.

I would frequently leave Rocktape on for days at a time (I think they advertise 4-5 days, but I stuck to more like 3-4) which helps lower the total cost as well. I tended only to change it after my soccer days which ends up being sweatier than a normal run or gym workout. It survives in the shower fine as well although I tried to avoid getting it too wet or soapy. Plus you get the flexibility if you need longer or shorter pieces. They also make a waterproof version for swimming (never used it, but interesting). In my opinion its a far better product, even tho I liked the KT strips better, but even the pro version wasn't anywhere as good as Rocktape when it came to staying on.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Though it was very expensive, it was my knee surgery, even though my doctor tried to dissuade me from having it, I definitely don't think I'd be where I am now without having it.
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Food scale and HRM. The 3rd best thing I bought was some small group sessions at the gym...I actually have some definition in my arms now, which is nothing short of shocking!
  • Ashlee81012
    Ashlee81012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit and I LOVE it. My friends and I use it to track our steps/calories burned. It gives you the extra motivation to burn the extra calories if you've slipped up a bit. It is also fun to see how much you move! I was shocked to see I'd walked over 250 miles in about 6 weeks!
  • EmilyBullough
    EmilyBullough Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't have room in my home for an elliptical machine or I would likely save up and get one. Instead, my purchase has been fitness classes and a gym membership. A smaller purchase that has helped a ton is my kitchen scale. I think it was about $25. It helps so much in keeping your portions at the correct size.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Fitbit and HRM for sure - and plenty of workout DVDs for the cold winter months
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Cybrex ARC Trainer! Easier on joints than an elliptical. More efficient muscle use and toning. GREAT for Cardio, and like the stair stepper and the elliptical had a baby and it is AWESOME!!!
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    A gym membership but for me the best thing that helped losing weight is priceless: your attitude, drive, determination, and motivation. Without those all the tools in the world aren't gonna help ya.
  • NLicht
    NLicht Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1. Food scale
    2. Fitbit
    3. Lateral thigh trainer and a mini stair stepper (for home and office)

Total cost was under $220.

:smile:
  • Shethang00
    Options
    Shakeology, making better eating choices, Insanity, chalean extreme,turbofire! I lost over 67 lbs in 7 months! I also think that having support and motivation definitly helps!
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    digital food scale.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    my gym membership. hands down the best investment ever.