the best thing you bought that helped you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• morah29
    morah29 Posts: 107
    Options
    I have a inside bike... and treadmill... I've used both all winter... I love the treadmill.. but I think the thing that has been the best was my heart rate monitor ... it's helped so much... before I was using this to judge... not even close...
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    1. 90% better foods (hardly any isle items that are processed)
    2. 2lb weights, a workout dvd, a yoga dvd, a resistance band
    3. nutribullet

Now I am broke for a few but they are working!
  • marniephie
    marniephie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Food scales, heart rate monitor and personal training sessions.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    A gym membership.
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    A food scale and heart rate monitor. That way you can eat what you want, and do whatever exercise you want, and you can properly keep track!
  • raegan1215
    Options
    fun workout clothes. no boring black yoga pants for this girl. wild, wacky prints all the way.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Food scale

Heart Rate Monitor

C25K App

Runtastic App
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    The best thing I bought was a house in the city-- the urban lifestyle has been so good for my fitness and health.

A good knife is also useful. Mine has turned thousands of vegetables into delicious healthy meals.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    1. HIIT Timer app on my phone.
    2. Hot pink running shoes! :)
    3. Food scale (to replace my old one).

The app helps me time my workouts without compromising my form or focus trying to look at a clock. The shoes are great for my flat feet and the color makes me happy! Food scales are great. Sometimes you're underestimating but more often you're going over. Food scales take out the guessing!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Fitbit.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Let's see..my treadmill, hand weights, and ALL my Jillian Michaels DVD's! She kicks my butt! Oooo...and my fitbit...never leave home without it!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    My manipulation skills are at Master Level, and I can talk myself into and out of anything. It's easy to talk yourself out of exercise when you a) don't have enough clean sets of clothes, socks, and bras, b) things don't fit the way they're supposed to so you end up looking like a busted can of biscuits or your chesticles aren't supported properly, c) your kicks are blistering your heels.

Just get what you need to get and stop making excuses - that's what I told myself anyway. For me that's:

- shorts with a key pocket
    - shorts that don't ride up
    - shorts that don't show every drop of sweat I produce
    - shirts that are flattering looking on me
    - bras that are supportive and don't create back rolls from compression
    - shoes that don't rub
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    For me it was Zumba DVDs. I needed something that burned calories and was fun enough to make me keep doing it regularly. Zumba did it.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Good pair of running shoes and replace them as needed. And some cold running gear along with some nice moister wicking running gear (cotton gets way too heavy when wet).
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    A membership to my YMCA and a food scale.
  • jhstroebel
    jhstroebel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Food Scale, HRM, Fitbit One, Fitbit Aria (the connectivity and automatic posting keeps me honest and accountable)...

I also found a nice pair of headphones got me to start running as I only let myself use them for exercising!
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Gym membership and heart monitor
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Gym membership, food scale, Vibrams shoes (the first shoe that I've ever been able to run in without back/hip/knee pain). More recently, KT Tape for my shoulder which has allowed me to get back to training 2 weeks earlier than my previous injury allowed.
  • Michelle7897
    Michelle7897 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I would say my food scale, my heart rate monitor, and my Fitbit. I would also have to add a fourth, my compact eliptical I bought from QVC for $99.96. I love that thing!! I have a treadmill, exercise bike, and treadmill also but never use either of them.

My InMotion Compact Eliptical is small enough that I can carry it from room to room. It has resistance bands attached to it as well, which I love. I can use it sitting on the couch while watching TV since it is so quite it doesn't bother anyone. I can use it standing with the bands and burn 650-700 calories an hour according to my heart rate monitor. It is going with me on vacation this summer, lol!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Lifting accessories: belt, straps, wrist wraps, knee wraps, and elbow/knee sleeves. I normally just use the belt and straps with the others as back up if I'm hitting really, really heavy poundages.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition