the best thing you bought that helped you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• cayzapp
    cayzapp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A treadmill and Julian Michael's 30 Day Shred.
  • xTJSx
    xTJSx Posts: 106
    Options
    My monthly Zumba pass ..... who knew fitness could be such fun?
  • natalienstegall
    natalienstegall Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My fitbit one and my heart rate monitor. I am in love with these two things and they have kept me going.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    My FitBit Ultra & Polar HRM. I love my new gym too.
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    I agree with everyone on the food scale and HRM (Polar FT4). Next on my list is fitted shoes. If money/time were no option, I would look at a gym membership and get help with proper "lifting" and try that.
  • iLoveMyAR15
    iLoveMyAR15 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    my iPod; cant workout without tunes
  • Dekitara
    Dekitara Posts: 11
    Options
    Tape measure. As soon as I stepped off the scale and went by measurements alone I have tripled in confidence/stamina for keeping up with the diet.

But in general I hear wonderful things about FitBit
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Digital food scale.

Heart rate monitor.

Good training shoes.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Food scale, BodyMedia Fit, and heavy *kitten* weights.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Gym membership.

Honestly, weightlifting gloves.
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Food Scale.
    Yoga Mat.
    Heart Rate Monitor.
    Jillian Michaels Fitness DVDs (any and all!)
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My bicycle. It's roadie that's really light and fun to ride. I bought it used, don't know the specs but it's a nice one that requires shoes to clip into it with.
    Yes! It's not for everyone but biking outside works for me. Food scale too, but if you can safely bike in your area, it's better than something that will just sit in your house.
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    -Food Scale
    -Proper Running Shoes
    -Gym membership
    -Good quality sports bras
    ditto this.
  • clspwagner
    clspwagner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Running Shoes
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Running Shoes. I went to a local running store called, " Point2Point Running" and had my foot/running assessed. They suggested a great pair of running shoes and they have made a WORLD of difference!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Don't have time to read all the responses, but my heart rate monitor/gps unit really made me crank up my running. . .which in turn dropped the weight. So, for me, the best buy was my HRM.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    keep it simple.

I don't have a gym membership and I've kept the weight off for almost 3 years now.

-Invest in a great pair of running shoes. (I could stop here)

-weights (dumbbells/kettlebells)

-good sports bra and well fitting workout clothes (this makes a difference to me)

Honestly, there are TONS of workouts you can find online for free. youtube and bodyrock.tv have a plethora ranging from quick workouts to long/more intensive workouts.
  • Goldie2u2
    Goldie2u2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My monthly Zumba pass ..... who knew fitness could be such fun?

What she said..I actually came BACK to this post to say how could I forget my zumba workouts??? Either find a great instructor (AND not all are created equal!!!) or invest in the DVDs..but know that a $5 class is WELL WORTH the energy of others you'll feed off..ALSO..get your butt up front! You can see better to learn faster AND stay more motivated to push it as you know the instructor can see you AND the class behind you! My instructor is aweome and we do our classes in the evening with black lights so you feel free to get into it with knowing there's not a blinding spotlight on your jiggling *kitten*!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    My second gym membership. (the first gym wasn't right for me)
    Good pair of cross-trainer shoes.
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    LOL, my gym membership. I'm naturally very lazy, but when it comes to my fitness coming at a $40+ a month price, I use the gym! I swear I'm not trying to be a smart@$$, but it's the truth.

But really, I like that I started tracking everything about a month before I started upping my exercise & lowering my food intake.