the best thing you bought that helped you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    My Labrador who loves to run. (To be honest I had my lab before I started to lose weight)

My Scales _ though I had these before I just needed to use it more.
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Besides healthier food, a gym membership.
  • TattooedMuffin
    TattooedMuffin Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    my treadmill. :tongue:
  • mistesh
    mistesh Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The $25 co-pay for an appointment with my doctor who suggested to try 1300 calories per day and log my food to lose some pounds I had put on in the last few years. MFP was a big help.

The $3 for a hot tea at a Barnes & Noble cafe one afternoon, during which some very captivating reading introduced me to the mechanisms of insulin resistance and diabetes reversal.

$30 for a reliable scale. It took a lot of testing at a Bed Bath & Beyond store to find one, but I eventually did. (1. weigh yourself, 2. holding a five pound item, 3. same as 1.)

A two year 24 Hour Fitness membership of $350 at CostCo prior to the above lead to no weight loss. Walks and taking the stairs will do. Eating less and exercising more is no guarantee you'll lose weight. Clean eating is the key.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Cooking my own food.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Working out the right macros for me, eating enough to sustain my workouts/life, eating some treats but still eating plenty of good wholesome food...and realising both fat and protein is my friend!!
  • squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    speed/jump rope (25min of this & I'm smoked)
    pull up bar
    You Are Your Own Gym app for iPhone
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor and scales! I did love my workout dvds, but I just do not have the room to do them, so my gym membership have also been my best friend!
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Exercise bike - placed right in front of the TV!

Also, paradoxically ditching my gym membership (which has paid for the bike!) - the wasted overhead of going there and back (and extra timeaway ffom home) seemed to put me off ever going. Going for a run from my doorstep and working out at home both have zero wasted time!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Food scale. It broke my 1 1/2 year plateau.
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Marcy Air 1 Fan Exercise Bike from Academy Sports.
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor!
  • stefi2107
    stefi2107 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Definetly my gym membership at Planet Fitness. Best 10.00 a month I spend! I figured it out that divided by the number of times I go a month (sometimes twice a day) it's only 20 cents per time. You can beat that!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor

Gym membership

P90X
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Hand weights and heart rate monitor! It's unbelievable how far off the MFP estimates are on the calories you burn.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    The best thing I brought was a treadmill...I love it!! I have lost almost 30 pounds using that in 3 months...Also yoga mat and a set of weights....
  • Susieout
    Susieout Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I hear this all the time (gym equipment as coat/clothes hanger)lol!
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    My running shoe!! But I gained all my 40lbs I lost back due to a new princes or a prince on its way :laugh:
  • Carbcounteronly
    Options
    My Polar HRM! And it's PINK! Ha ha.

This has definitely helped me a lot more - you can see the actual burn, not just estimates.
    Amazing.

Jacqui
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    A food scale is a great tool.
    Helps to ensure accuracy especially when dealing with raw meats n stuff.