Another (potential) strike against red meat

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    The way people are getting worked up over this you'd think they just outlawed red meat or something lol

It's always the same. Some people seem to take scientific research as a personal attack.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

But good luck to you on your goals. I can agree to disagree.

Fair dues.

You too.

ps: I do think epidemiology studies have value just not as much as RCTs. I agree with Mr Colpo on many things but not all ;)

An RCT on meat eating. Right. It about using the right tools, I personally believe in in vivo micro cellular assay studies. Epidemiological studies have their limited role, but so do RCT. Don't throw one out for the other.
    I agree epidemiology and RCT's have limitations, with the former being a platform for a paycheck if your a researcher. Funny enough the Author Stanley Hazen and the facility The Cleveland Clinic Foundation are seeking a patent T for TMA tests that will purportedly determine whether people are at risk of developing CVD, diabetes, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, or fatty liver, all the popular ones it appears. Now if your audience are red meat eaters as opposed to bad gut bacteria syndrome lol, they would probably find their office waiting room more crowded, wouldn't you say. It's like the wild west.........covered wagons selling something, everywhere.

Character assassination attempt much? Wow.

They are trying to get a patent on TMAO testing via NMR. Gooooood luuuuck. While developing a test makes sense, the economics of that approach have me shaking my head.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options

Fair dues.

You too.

ps: I do think epidemiology studies have value just not as much as RCTs. I agree with Mr Colpo on many things but not all ;)

An RCT on meat eating. Right. It about using the right tools, I personally believe in in vivo micro cellular assay studies. Epidemiological studies have their limited role, but so do RCT. Don't throw one out for the other.
    I agree epidemiology and RCT's have limitations, with the former being a platform for a paycheck if your a researcher. Funny enough the Author Stanley Hazen and the facility The Cleveland Clinic Foundation are seeking a patent T for TMA tests that will purportedly determine whether people are at risk of developing CVD, diabetes, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, or fatty liver, all the popular ones it appears. Now if your audience are red meat eaters as opposed to bad gut bacteria syndrome lol, they would probably find their office waiting room more crowded, wouldn't you say. It's like the wild west.........covered wagons selling something, everywhere.

They are trying to get a patent on TMAO testing via NMR. Gooooood luuuuck. While developing a test makes sense, the economics of that approach have me shaking my head.
    Their financing it themselves......wonder what side of the fence their on. You would think they would have at least piggybacked the science that supports this type of action. I agree good luck.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Fair dues.

You too.

Their financing it themselves......wonder what side of the fence their on. You would think they would have at least piggybacked the science that supports this type of action. I agree good luck.

Ah, it's not the financing that is an economic stupidity but NMR as a tool to look at stomach flora? Versus a poop culture. $500 vs $2 kit?