25 TO LIFE month 2

jenbar
jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
(I know it sounds like a jail sentence)
But that's what I've felt like. Like I have been trapped under this 25+ pounds and am ready to GET OUT!
And then there's the other meaning...
25 to LIFE! Getting my life back!

Join me in losing the 25+ pounds! I started at 194 on Jan. 2nd and have lost 24 pounds so far. I would love to lose 30 pounds more by July.

Come join me! We can all just log in our weights on Mondays, and put our measurements in on the first of every month. We can chat, share our life changing issues, tips and exercises. We could also perhaps, give a goal for each week, like making sure we drink all 8+ glasses of water for the first week, do 50 crunches each day for the next week, and so on. We can all give inputs and add to it!

Okay, it's Monday, so it's weigh in day! And I figured I'd start a new thread b/c the other one was getting too long and tomorrow is measurement day.
I'm still at 170. man oh man. That stinks! But I think that I've been gaining some muscle, so hopefully that is the reason.
I really want to lose 6 more pounds by the 13th, but unless I workout 24/7, I don't think I can do it. Though I'll try!
Jennifer

Replies

• jenbar
    (I know it sounds like a jail sentence)
    But that's what I've felt like. Like I have been trapped under this 25+ pounds and am ready to GET OUT!
    And then there's the other meaning...
    25 to LIFE! Getting my life back!

Join me in losing the 25+ pounds! I started at 194 on Jan. 2nd and have lost 24 pounds so far. I would love to lose 30 pounds more by July.

Come join me! We can all just log in our weights on Mondays, and put our measurements in on the first of every month. We can chat, share our life changing issues, tips and exercises. We could also perhaps, give a goal for each week, like making sure we drink all 8+ glasses of water for the first week, do 50 crunches each day for the next week, and so on. We can all give inputs and add to it!

Okay, it's Monday, so it's weigh in day! And I figured I'd start a new thread b/c the other one was getting too long and tomorrow is measurement day.
    I'm still at 170. man oh man. That stinks! But I think that I've been gaining some muscle, so hopefully that is the reason.
    I really want to lose 6 more pounds by the 13th, but unless I workout 24/7, I don't think I can do it. Though I'll try!
    Jennifer
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    How often are you weighing yourself? Are you sticking to your maximum amount of calories? I guess I missed the first part of the 25 to life thread. Good luck!!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Haven't weighed in yet today. Hoping to go run this afternoon since I am feeling better but now it is raining! Can't catch a break!! :smile: I just hate the treadmill so hopefully it is decent out.

You are going to look great for the shower no matter what!! You have already lost so much. :flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Alright! I'll post my information this evening, when i get a chance to weigh at the pool (but before i swim because i have very long dreadlocks which weigh quite alot when wet!) I think that i trust the scale at the gym for greater accuracy. The last two mondays I have lost nothing...But now I have this group,I feel like things will move right along. Thanks you guys!
  • Well I weighed myself this morning and I didn't lose any weight. I'm still at 174. I really thought I did pretty good this week. Hopefully I gained muscle. Good luck to all.

Jackie
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Well, I am back from a week at the beach. Not much exercise due to rain and believe it or not...snow. I live in Oregon and we dont get snow at the end of March and especially not at the beach! It was fun but it resulted in no weightloss at all! Darn it. Stuck at 202. Not fun. I want to break that 200 pound mark this week! I am motivated to do it!

Good Luck everyone!
  • jenbar
    For some reason it seems like we're all stuck this week!
    Really trying to pay attention to what I'm eating all the time.
    I have been drinking my water pretty late in the day, have to change that.
    Have to move a little more and add hand weights to my DDR exercise.
    Burned 450 this morning. Just wasn't in to it for some reason. Worked my arms, back and tummy. Really would LOVE to see the 60's.
    Jennifer
  • iluvsparkles
    I was at 169 today!!! One pound isnt too bad! Does weighing on an empty stomach severely affect the results? I don't want to be tricking myself into thinking i lost it if i didnt really!!
  • proudmama0118
    Didn't make it out to run, darn rain. But did 45 torturous minutes on elliptical!

Last week: 194.2
    Goal for this week: 192

My mini goals:
    190 - April 8
    185 - April 25 -- End of BL contest at work
    175 - June 15
    165 - Aug 1
    159 - Sept 20 -- AF 1/2 Marathon
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    I was at 169 today!!! One pound isnt too bad! Does weighing on an empty stomach severely affect the results? I don't want to be tricking myself into thinking i lost it if i didnt really!!

Weigh at the same time every time - 7AM or midnight - it doesn't matter. The general concensus is you get a lower weight first thing in the morning. Don' t weigh daily, too many fluctuations will make you freak out. Once a week is plenty, twice a month is even better, and take your measurements - much of your body changes will show up as inches lost. Measure twice a month.
  • ophedian
    ophedian Posts: 78
    Well I am new to the site and today was my first weigh in.
    I weight in at a featherly 332lbs. I stated in December at 362 and I have been pounding at it. So I would definitely love to bring August in at 300lbs. So I am officially joining you. Lets do this. :)
  • iluvsparkles
    Well I am new to the site and today was my first weigh in.
    I weight in at a featherly 332lbs. I stated in December at 362 and I have been pounding at it. So I would definitely love to bring August in at 300lbs. So I am officially joining you. Lets do this. :)
    Congrats for finding and joining this site! It will help tremendously if you stick to it. its so much easier with this great support group! Welcome to the group!!!
  • proudmama0118
    It was FINALLY nice enough to run today!! Ran 5.25 miles. It was very cold but nice to get out again. Hope everyone had a great day!
  • I am new to this as well im weighing in at 182 ! My goal weight is 135 or less that would be nice. I havent really had much exercise cause i just had brain surgery two weeks ago and am limited to the amount of things i can do right now. But i want to join in with you guys the more support the better! Good luck to all of you
  • proudmama0118
    Welcome Brownieeyes! This is an awesome site and a very supportive group of people. I will warn you though... the site is very addictive!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just love it!
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Hi there everyone!! I did weight in on Monday at 189.4 - so a total of 2lbs loss for the week - I;ll take it...

WElcome to everyone that has joined this new challenge - keep reading the post for inspiration!!!

I started this new lifestyle at 211lbs at the beginning of February --- I am now at 189.4 - so a total of 26.6lbs gone - yeah!!!! (that's how much my daughter weights!!).

I am finally in the 180's, yes it's high but I'll take it.

My goal this week is to lose another 2lbs.....

Have not been working out!! hoping to get back to the elliptical some time soon...

Thanks everyone for keeping up with the challenge....

Good luck this week.
    Patricia
  • jenbar
    Hi there everyone!! I did weight in on Monday at 189.4 - so a total of 2lbs loss for the week - I;ll take it...

WElcome to everyone that has joined this new challenge - keep reading the post for inspiration!!!

I started this new lifestyle at 211lbs at the beginning of February --- I am now at 189.4 - so a total of 26.6lbs gone - yeah!!!! (that's how much my daughter weights!!).

I am finally in the 180's, yes it's high but I'll take it.

My goal this week is to lose another 2lbs.....

Have not been working out!! hoping to get back to the elliptical some time soon...

Thanks everyone for keeping up with the challenge....

Good luck this week.
    Patricia

Way to to!:drinker:
    But that's not fair!!!:grumble:
    You lost more than me and I started in January!
    Ugh! I've been working out (maybe not enough) and eating the same way I was in the beginning (maybe time to tweak something) but not sure how or what? And I've stayed the same. I have only lost 4 pounds in like a month!
    eeerrrggghhhhhh!
    Starting to get a wee bit frustrated
  • proudmama0118

Way to to!:drinker:
    But that's not fair!!!:grumble:
    You lost more than me and I started in January!
    Ugh! I've been working out (maybe not enough) and eating the same way I was in the beginning (maybe time to tweak something) but not sure how or what? And I've stayed the same. I have only lost 4 pounds in like a month!
    eeerrrggghhhhhh!
    Starting to get a wee bit frustrated

4 lbs in a month is still good!!!! Annoying when you want more... but GOOD nonetheless!! I actually decided to change my goals in the settings to say 1.5/week rather than 2. It bumped my calories from 1300 to 1530, and guess what??? I lost more then when I was eating 1300. I think that I may have been pushing the starvation mode boundries before.... so what is the point in all my ramblings? Maybe bump your calories up a little bit... try it for a week and see, if it doesn't work then go back to normal the next week.
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Hi everyone!! Count me in! I am currently at 176 lbs and my goal is to lose 2 lbs this week. I'm new to this site and I love all the support here! I really need to get my butt into gear and start working out more. Let's do this!!!!!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Replying back to Jennifer: Thanks for the encouragement!!! This morning just topped it off to. Put on a pair of pants I had worn Thursday - couldn't button them :explode: ! I am not giving up, but it is extremely difficult!!! Yesterday was a bad day, I took the day off work to spend with my 2 boys, since they were on spring break this week. I ended up skipping breakfast, Red Lobster for lunch and then a movie - no popcorn, just water and gummy bears, and BBQ chicken for supper. I did eat slow and I quit when I was full and for that I am proud! :drinker: Just kep the support and motivation coming, I really need it!! THANK YOU!!!!:flowerforyou: