25 TO LIFE month 2

Options

Replies

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    We have to remember, that people see how we look in our clothes and notice the difference. They don't know our weight.
    My sister said to me on Sunday "How much do you weigh?" Me, "I'm not telling YOU!" and she said "You look so skinny!" If she only knew I weighed 169! Not skinny by any means, but point being, she noticed how I look different! AND my skinnier sis in law and sister's all said they were wearing size 10 jeans and I got to chime in and say mine were too! And I think my sister in law didn't like that and said "mine are a little big" :tongue:
    She is quite smaller in appearance, but for some reason we're wearing the same jean size! Ha Ha!!!
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks! I think this group is helping a lot. I've been injured riding a few times before over the years and this is the easiest I've ever taken the weight off, probably the fastest too - and I'm completely immobile!

I actually have gotten so used to the amount of calories that I don't have to think about it during the day, and the whatever-you-want within the limit style is great too! But really, I check this board every day. It's so nice to hear about people doing well or struggling the same time I am! It's really encouraging!

• kerridwen
    Options
    We have to remember, that people see how we look in our clothes and notice the difference. They don't know our weight.
    My sister said to me on Sunday "How much do you weigh?" Me, "I'm not telling YOU!" and she said "You look so skinny!" If she only knew I weighed 169! Not skinny by any means, but point being, she noticed how I look different! AND my skinnier sis in law and sister's all said they were wearing size 10 jeans and I got to chime in and say mine were too! And I think my sister in law didn't like that and said "mine are a little big" :tongue:
    She is quite smaller in appearance, but for some reason we're wearing the same jean size! Ha Ha!!!

Haha - that's a hilarious story! Good for you!!!!

Women's clothes fit so differently on everyone, it's so hard to go by sizes, but that must have felt good!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    jlauren6:

YEAH!!! Congratulations!!! I lost one of the three pounds I gained last week, so I am back where I started but I have lost an inch in my waist, hips, and thighs. (YEAH) I will take inches over pounds, at least my clothes fit better.:laugh:

Rhonda

WOW!! That's awesome! I should get a tape measure, I have no idea what I am in inches. That sounds funny...I did some cardio for the first time today in a really, really long time. (I was recovering from a C-section) It feels great! Hopefully this will help with those dropping inches you speak of!! :smile:
  • jenbar
    Options
    HELLO!!
    Just checking in on everyone!! How are you all doing?
    Are you exercising?
    Are you drinking your water?
    Are you feeling a little bit better about yourself?
    Are you fitting into some clothes that you haven't fit in in awhile?
    Are you giving yourself a little treat every now and then?

Let us know!!
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Julie1984
    Julie1984 Posts: 33
    Options
    I've been doing alright for the past few days... I bought a bike about a week ago and I rode it for the first time yesterday, did about 8 miles. I've eaten well for breakfast and lunch today, and plan on doing some cardio after work. Unfortunately, the evening is always the hardest time for me and I sometimes end up overeating, especially if my boyfriend is around- he eats whatever he wants (and lots of it), and that makes it hard for me to stick to my plans sometimes, haha. I've been having too much ice cream lately. It's the reduced sugar/fat kind, but I can't seem to stick to eating only half a cup. However, I have been eating a lot more fruits and veggies than I was a few weeks ago, and most of my pants are getting loose!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I've been doing alright for the past few days... I bought a bike about a week ago and I rode it for the first time yesterday, did about 8 miles. I've eaten well for breakfast and lunch today, and plan on doing some cardio after work. Unfortunately, the evening is always the hardest time for me and I sometimes end up overeating, especially if my boyfriend is around- he eats whatever he wants (and lots of it), and that makes it hard for me to stick to my plans sometimes, haha. I've been having too much ice cream lately. It's the reduced sugar/fat kind, but I can't seem to stick to eating only half a cup. However, I have been eating a lot more fruits and veggies than I was a few weeks ago, and most of my pants are getting loose!

I love the Blue Bunny No Sugar added Fat Free Vanilla. But come on now... who honestly eats only 1/2 cup???? :laugh: :laugh: I just finished a bowl and it was about 1 1/2 cups. I just make sure that if I am going to have it I have enough calories for a big bowl. 1/2 would be just enough to make me want more and annoy the heck out of me!!!!! :tongue:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I just started this week walking 35 min. everyday. I had surgury last May and have to take it slow which is soo hard because I want do do so much more. My clothes are getting loose. How often do you measure yourself. I just started that this week too. I am drinking plenty of water and watching my calories, went over a couple of times and under too so I think it evened out.

How are you doing this week? :happy:
  • jenbar
    Options
    I TRY to only measure myself on the 1st of each month. But if my scale isn't really moving, but my clothes are... moving, south, off... I'll measure to see if I lost any inches.
    Haven't really worked out that much. I have a feeling I'll be back up to 170. Hopefully not!
    Surprising the inlaws on Sunday with the weight loss. Can't wait to see the reaction!
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Haven't been doing that well this week!!! I had a setback on Tuesday night and had a piece of ice cream cake - and I actually gained 2lbs from it...have been trying to control myself for the last couple of days and it just seems like I wanna eat everything in site...I really, really have to hold back....
    Hope everyone is doing well...
    Patricia
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh!!
    My birthday is on monday, and i have stated before that I am a cakeaholic.
    This is going to be the hardest thing ever.
    The people at my work always get a cake for the birthday person.
    PLUS my man is making me a pineapple upside down cake.
    This will be a tough week coming up!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Uh Oh! Temptation!
    Yummy pineapple upside down cake! Just have little pieces.
    Ya gotta have cake on your birthday!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I TRY to only measure myself on the 1st of each month. But if my scale isn't really moving, but my clothes are... moving, south, off... I'll measure to see if I lost any inches.
    Haven't really worked out that much. I have a feeling I'll be back up to 170. Hopefully not!
    Surprising the inlaws on Sunday with the weight loss. Can't wait to see the reaction!

Hope everything went well with the inlaws today. :laugh:
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Ahhhh!!

Happy (early) Birthday :flowerforyou: Enjoy your cake - it only comes around once a year (thankfully)!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hello all - I'd like to join your thread! It's great that there are so many folks participating.

This has been a difficult week for me - it was my first week back from vacation, and so I really haven't got back into my routines yet. Also, I was being more active on vacation and so I ate more as well - so this week I've been feeling hungry. And bored!

But I'm committed to getting back on track this week, and I know that MFP will help me do it. :flowerforyou:
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh!!
    Happy Birthday!!!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Ahhhh!!

Happy Birthday! (:
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Gah, I was bad the last few days. Hopefully I won't have put too much back on. I've upped the daily walks to around an hour (give or take) every day, so hopefully that will help! *fingers crossed*

The doctor just added another few months to my recovery time (delaying surgery) so I'd like to reverse as much weight gain as I can before I'm able to go back to being active!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Well, just got back from the bridal shower and EVERYONE noticed and wanted to know my "secret"! I told them I log online but didn't tell them the site (because I didn't want them to find me and see what I've written about the sis in law! hehe) NOW, I really need to kick it up a notch and lose the other 25-30 I told them I was going to lose! Don't want to be a loser that way!
    I was okay, but it was a brunch with a lot of choices. I chose wisely. But may have gone too much in the portions. Then we went back to my in laws house and when they get together they like to treat (which is like once every 2 years or so) to White Castle. And if you don't know what that is, it's little hamburgers that have holes in them and cooked in onions. I looked it up and they are 135 calories each. I had 2 and my sister in law made me and her salads. I totally didn't have enough water tomorrow. And dread weighing in. I received a Turbo Jam DVD that I'm going to start tomorrow. My kids have spring vacation this week and I always have a hard time exercising with them home. But hopefully I'll be able to hold ground and do it!
    See you tomorrow for weigh in. I have a feeling I'm up a couple of pounds.:mad:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    im dreading this weigh in too.. Thanks for all of the Happy Birthday wishes! So far so good... I managed to get up to do the hike this morning (bc i DID have a piece of the pineapple upside down cake last nite!)

I also do not have the internet at home, so I am only able to log during the week. The weekends are very difficult bc I can't look up the calories in things. I did manage to keep track somewhat..but it was hard!

Any suggestions on how to make it thru the weekends? I live high up in the mountains and NO-ONE offers internet out here so far... its difficult to keep it "to the calorie" when you have to guesstimate so much..and I am one of those 'by the book' kind of people who truely feels guilty if the rules are broken.