25 TO LIFE month 2

Options

Replies

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Count me in! I am currently at 176 lbs and my goal is to lose 2 lbs this week. I'm new to this site and I love all the support here! I really need to get my butt into gear and start working out more. Let's do this!!!!!

Welcome!!
    What is your goal and date if you have one?
    We are pretty similar in weight. I would like to get to 148-150 by July 12th.
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Way to to!:drinker:
    But that's not fair!!!:grumble:
    You lost more than me and I started in January!
    Ugh! I've been working out (maybe not enough) and eating the same way I was in the beginning (maybe time to tweak something) but not sure how or what? And I've stayed the same. I have only lost 4 pounds in like a month!
    eeerrrggghhhhhh!
    Starting to get a wee bit frustrated
    [/quote]

YOu have one up on me --- 170lbs, I haven't been in the 170's in 4 years!!!! I can't wait!!!
    P.
  • weightlossinprogress
    Options
    4 lbs in a month is still good!!!! Annoying when you want more... but GOOD nonetheless!! I actually decided to change my goals in the settings to say 1.5/week rather than 2. It bumped my calories from 1300 to 1530, and guess what??? I lost more then when I was eating 1300. I think that I may have been pushing the starvation mode boundries before.... so what is the point in all my ramblings? Maybe bump your calories up a little bit... try it for a week and see, if it doesn't work then go back to normal the next week.
    [/quote]

It's true - based on Jillian's book (biggest loser) she claims that we should never eat the same amout of calories in one day, we should mix it up so that we don't go into starvation mode - she states that this is the best way to avoid plateaus>>>>

Jennifer - I bet you'll lose double this week- just keep eating healthy and working out as you have been.
    Patricia
  • jenbar
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Sometimes I don't think I pay enough attention. I eat everything that I should, but as far as following exactly the carbs/fat/protein input, I usually go over/under. Are you guys trying to do exactly?
    It's kind of hard when you don't know the nutritional values on things until after you input them... then you find out you went over, but your calories are still under. Weird.

I wish someone would just tell me exactly what to eat.
    What are you guys eating for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

I KNOW I'm not doing enough cardio since I don't belong to a gym, nor do I like doing aerobic tapes/dvd's. Or taking walks (which is bad, I know, but my knee sometimes feels bad half way through and I feel like I'm going to strand myself somewhere in the neighborhood!)
    So I have only been relying on dance dance revolution for my cardio plus the stretch band/weights that I do after which really gets my heart pumping.

My son just started baseball practice tonight and when it gets warmer I'm going to walk around the park while he practices. So I could get a good hour or so walk in. It was too darn cold and windy tonight to do it. I was hiding under 2 fleece blankets!
  • weightlossinprogress
    Options
    I have been concentrating on keeping my calories under 1,200 and it seems to be working - for now!

Breakfast is usually for me a cup of coffee (i know it's bad) and then when lunch rolls around I try to have some protein (turkey, tuna) fruit and a little carb!!

When it comes to dinner it usually lots of salad (i include fruit in it as well such as apples/prears/blueberries/strawberries) and some nuts and yes a protein, usually depending on what I have made for dinner that night (chicken/fish/steak/tuna/turkey).

I usually do have a snack of some sort during the evening (yogurt/cottege cheese with bluebarries/rice pudding) and some herb tea!

I do tell you, I gotta start introducing more healthy food to my diet as I find that I am being repetative in what I am eating. Can't afford to lose interest in the diet, I have come so far and have a lot further to go.

And yes, I gotta start exercising as well...
  • jenbar
    Options
    maybe I should figure out what I'm going to eat the night before and log it in and stick to it? I tried on and almost bought a pair of size 10 Tommy Hilfiger jeans today! very exciting. And started trying on dresses for the dreaded wedding in July. Her bridal shower is on the 13th and really want to find something flattering (but hate dresses, so want to find pants/shirt or a cute little trendy suit) to show off to the inlaws.
    I have to say, it was exciting to see how much my stomach has gone down since I started. If I tried those dresses on 4 months ago I would have been so discouraged! But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I didn't feel like a whale today, ... maybe a dolphin, but not a whale! That's a start!

I'm going to figure out what I'm going to eat now!
  • weightlossinprogress
    Options
    lol - a great start. size 10, I can only dream about that right now. I have been starting to pull out old "skinny clothes" and i'm almost back into my size 16, I think 10lbs otta do it.... I haven't worn a 10 in sooooo long......

I'm sure you will find the most georgeous outfit for the shower and wedding!! Continue your search and be thankful to have lost 25lbs already!!!!!

You WILL look beautiful and they will be flocking all over you come the wedding, I'm sure of it....

Have a good day!!!!
    P.s. I have a month eating plan from a new diet/nutrition book - I can mail it out to you if you think it would help....really easy to follow!! let me know....
  • jenbar
    Options
    What's the book?
    I have recipes from Dr. Phil, Alli Book, Slimquick, blah blah blah, I don't mind following the breakfast and lunches, but it's the dinner ones that are hard to follow.
    My husband is starting to be a poop. I made salmon with brown rice and (canned) asparagus tips last night and me and my kids ate it. He ate half his dinner, then made himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! (on whole wheat, haha, 'cause that's the only kind of bread I have in the house!) I'm not crazy about salmon either, but I figure, once a month he could put up with it. Quote "I just don't like salmon, it leaves a fishy aftertaste in my mouth and now I'm burping fish!" complain, complain, complain! MEN!

Tonight I'm making the crab cake recipe out of the Cooking Light magazine. We'll see how that floats!
  • jenbar
    Options
    HEY!!!
    How's everyone doing this week?
    Getting all your water in?
    Doing cardio 3 or more times a week for 30 minutes or more?

Let's start doing push ups against a door frame! Get yourself on an angle in an open door, rest hands on frame and do as many as you can!

I also have been (when I remember) every time I go up a flight of stairs in my house... if I don't have anything in my hands (obviously) I do 15 pushups on them, then continue going up and do what I have to do. So... everytime I go up the stairs I'm getting in an arm exercise!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Welcome!!
    What is your goal and date if you have one?
    We are pretty similar in weight. I would like to get to 148-150 by July 12th.
    [/quote]

My goal is to be at 150lbs, haven't set a date yet, but July sounds good!!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Ooh I like the push up at the top of the stairs idea!!
  • jenbar
    Options
    jlauren,
    Your baby is SO cute!!!

Let's all try for 14 (1 lb.) to 25 (1 to 2lb. alternating) pounds by July!!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    I wish I wasn't an emotional eater. I cut cokes COMPLETELY out Monday, but these past couple of days have been rather hard, emotionally, actually the next few months will be. So any ideas on how I will just say NO?!?!?
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Well I am new to the site and today was my first weigh in.
    I weight in at a featherly 332lbs. I stated in December at 362 and I have been pounding at it. So I would definitely love to bring August in at 300lbs. So I am officially joining you. Lets do this. :)
    [/quote

Congratulations on the 30 pound loss thus far, that's awesome!! Welcome Aboard!]
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Sometimes I don't think I pay enough attention. I eat everything that I should, but as far as following exactly the carbs/fat/protein input, I usually go over/under. Are you guys trying to do exactly?
    It's kind of hard when you don't know the nutritional values on things until after you input them... then you find out you went over, but your calories are still under. Weird.

I wish someone would just tell me exactly what to eat.
    What are you guys eating for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

I never eat the same thing day after day....your metabolism will start to slow down. I mix it up...Here are a few of my choices for breakfast: an egg omelet (1/2 C. of egg beaters ...no cholestoral and it's only 60 calories) or I will eat a packet of instant apples and cinnamon oatmeal...130 calories. These two things stick with me the longest. I have also eaten a yoplait fat free yogurt 110 calories with a slice of whole wheat toast (70 calories) or a bowl of fresh fruit and a couple tablespoons of granola.
    Because I am constantly on the go I find myself eating a lot of Lean Cusine's. If I am home though I like to make veggie wraps (and I mean loaded with veggies, salsa for dressing, and a low fat/low carb wrap) I eat Tuna fish wrapswith mustard instead of mayo and lots of salad. I have found that I love the spray dressing...only 2 calories per spray and it has a lot of flavor. I will also eat a fat free lunch meat wrap or a ground turkey burger without a bun. Dinner: I pretty much eat whatever I want within my allotted calories. I just try to make sure that whatever I am sticking in my mouth I can give an exact calorie count to. These are just a few options that I have found to be helpful. Eating is like exercising...you never want to do the same thing over and over, your body will start to accomodate for the routine and slow down. The other suggestion I would make which I was told by a exercise physiologist (PhD) She told me that I should never eat an exact amount of calories each day...in other words I am allowed 1200 calories daily to achieve 1.7 pounds of weight loss a week. (1200 x 7 days = 8400 per week) So, I just make sure that I eat 8400 calories (total) per week (not including my exercise calories) and I balance how many I get each day. This way my body is constantly confused with my intake. This method has proven to do well for me.
  • jenbar
    Options
    Thanks Buckeye!
    Your meals sound almost exactly like what I eat.
    eggbeaters (with yolk now! yeah), slice of toast, cottage cheese, fruit
    yogurt, flax seed sprinkled on top with added fruit, hard boiled egg white
    oatmeal packet or homemade with fruit
    fiber cereal, 1% milk, fruit

lunch
    smart choice/lean cuisines
    today I had a garlic portabella burger/turkey bacon/FF cheese, let, tom. on whole wheat english muffin
    salads
    soups
    leftovers
    turkey sandwich, FF cheese, let. tom. reduced mayo, Whole grain bread
    grilled cheese with FF cheese (brummel and brown yogurt spread) sometimes made on panini grill with oil spray
    all depends on the day

dinner
    try to make a healthier meal (husband doesn't appreciate it) but:tongue: to him!
    and I sometimes have 300+ calories left over (if I workout)
  • jenbar
    Options
    HELLO!! Anyone out there!
    Let's start posting! Want to hear how everyone is doing!?
    Can't do this alone!

so far this morning
    Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal with blackberries and 1% milk for breakfast.
    Going to exercise right now! Let's get rid of some calories!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Ok so after a very stressful week with a night in the hospital (everyones fine now!) I managed to weigh before swimming yesterday, and i was down to 167, which is two pounds down from Monday!! I still havent entered my measurements, but Im excited about that. I wish i had put them in when i Began this awesome website a week ago.
    So far it has helped me to loose those 3 pounds ( and maybe more, because i started dieting before ever finding this site)

Every morning before breakfast my man and I do a 20 minute hike up our very steep mountain ( gotta love the beautiful smokies!)
    My Meals usually go something like this :
    Morning Coffee w/sugar and cream
    Ceareal Bar
    Banana in mid morning before lunch if i get too hungry, sometimes
    Lunch is usually 300 calories or so, be it a turkey sandwhich, or leftover grilled veggies from the nite before, along with my biggest weekness, sweet tea

i usually sneak a few hershey kisses in the afternoon

After work jog and swim. I have to wait for the swimteam to finish up in the pool so i decided to kill that hour in a healthy way by just walking the track outside while i wait. Even if my heartrate dosent get too high, its better than just sitting

Swim for 45-hour pretty vigerously. I love swimming because you cant feel yourself sweat, and it has helped with the huffing and puffing of my early morning hike.

Dinner is almost always a lean meat, 4 oz or under, usually fish or chicken, very rarely a beef dish. Most of my dinner consists of grilled veggies, in any combo of squash, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, asparigus, green beans. Very rarely we wil have a potato but usually get our share of starch from corn on the cob which we eat ALL the time.

Then depending on how far i am from my calories (im under my cals at bedtime about 99% of the time) I may have cottage cheese with pineapple, or like last nite, a TRUE scoop of icecream, (not a whole bowl full) which i eat directly out of the measuring cup, to remind me of how much i am actually having.
  • jenbar
    Options
    Great Job!!!
    Don't worry, when we post on Monday I'll post your last weeks weight at 170.
    You get lots of great exercise!
    I use to be on the swim team in h.s. People don't understand that you actually sweat in the water!
    You know what's yummy! cottage cheese, banana and drizzle of honey! yummm!

Keep up the good work!:drinker:
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    maybe I should figure out what I'm going to eat the night before and log it in and stick to it? I tried on and almost bought a pair of size 10 Tommy Hilfiger jeans today! very exciting. And started trying on dresses for the dreaded wedding in July. Her bridal shower is on the 13th and really want to find something flattering (but hate dresses, so want to find pants/shirt or a cute little trendy suit) to show off to the inlaws.
    I have to say, it was exciting to see how much my stomach has gone down since I started. If I tried those dresses on 4 months ago I would have been so discouraged! But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I didn't feel like a whale today, ... maybe a dolphin, but not a whale! That's a start!

I'm going to figure out what I'm going to eat now!

That's so great!! :D