25 TO LIFE month 2

Options

Replies

• kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    Options
    Welcome Brownieeyes! This is an awesome site and a very supportive group of people. I will warn you though... the site is very addictive!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just love it!

Very true!! This is the best weight loss has ever gone for me, I don't think I've ever felt so good about it!

You guys are great :D:D

That said (i didn't see the new thread so posted on the old one) - I started at 190 2nd week of March or so and today I'm down to 182!!! Despite not being able to do more than walk.

Glad to hear you're all doing so well!!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    I wish someone would just tell me exactly what to eat.
    What are you guys eating for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

For me, I have to have something like pizza once a week. It's the only way I can stay down to the number of calories/day is if I allow for a little indulgence. Also, I eat all my daily calories. That's about 400 or so for each meal since the only real exercise I get is a daily walk.

For a treat - A peice of 70% chocolate with tea is a really great treat (plus, good for happy feelings) subs pretty well for sweets. I switched out soda for Coke Zero when I can't resist, too. But I really should give up the caffeine for best results.....

Breakfast:
    -I have something very high in fibre everyday. I love homemade bran muffins and get things like the AllBran psyillum cereal. I've had to do this before (previous riding injuries haha) and I find that fibre helps a lot.

Snacks
    -I try to have milk a few times every day,
    -I keep a lot of meal replacement bars/slim fast drinks around in case I'm ever "really" hungry and in a rush, so I don't grab fast food or something. They don't last for me, but tide me over until I can make a snack.
    -Cottage cheese and peaches is about my favorite thing in the world to eat
    -apples and chunky peanut butter!
    -Popcorn

Lunch/Dinner

-make sure my veggies are greater than my meat/protein portion each night, whatever is around/looks good (green beans, peppers, etc)
    -I'm also eating a lot of spicy things, b/c I heard that helps the metabolism, haha. Like thai green curry and jambalaya!
    -Veggie sandwich (crusty bread, some olive oil, pesto, various red/yellow/orange peppers, piece of tasty cheese, fresh basil leaves and a piece of lettuce - best ever!!)
    -almost always a side salad
    -once a week - pizza/wings etc lol

**Plus, Frank's Red Hot Sauce goes on *everything* without adding any sugars or fats.

Also, apparently cucumber is good for women's hormones (I have no idea if this is true, but I figure it's another veggie full of water, what's to lose?) - and those fluctuate every month no matter what age you are so don't feel bad about a bit of bloating here and there!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Okay, I'm starting to fall off track the past couple days...
    My grandpa passed away this week and I have just been so emotional it's hard to focus on eating right! Then after I eat like crap I feel even worse!! It's not a good cycle. Hope I can get back on track, because I was doing well before!
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My grandpa passed away this week and I have just been so emotional it's hard to focus on eating right! Then after I eat like crap I feel even worse!! It's not a good cycle. Hope I can get back on track, because I was doing well before!

So, so sorry to hear about your grandpa!:heart:
    We're here for you. I know it will be hard to pay attention to what you put in your mouth right now, but try! And remember that crappy feeling you get after you eat bad, and remember you don't want to feel that way. You WILL get back on track! Start each day as if it were your first. One day at a time!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Kerridwen,
    I saw your post on "last months" thread.
    I do think I have gained muscle. I can definately feel it in my legs. But we all know we would love to see the scale go down! Psychological, I know. Makes you feel better. But I do feel myself standing straighter. I don't have as much stomach hanging over my pants. Little things. Pulled out some clothes I haven't worn in years! Just gotta remember to keep going. Everytime I start to lose weight, I get to the 25 mark, think "hey, I look way better than I did 25 pounds ago!" and then just completely forget about losing. But NOT THIS TIME! I WILL KEEP GOING!!!
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Jbaranello - Glad to hear there's progress!! Feels good doesn't it? (: This method is new to me, and I'm finding I've adjusted to the calories per day and don't feel the need to have more. I'm hoping that means the change will be more permanent all around? Three months to break a habit right? haha

jlauren6 - I'm so sorry.
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    I have a question, I was in the grocery store and I was waiting inline and overheard a wife tell her husband (I assume) not to get skim milk b/c it was bad for him. We have been drinking skim milk for several years now, and I can honestly say I have never heard that skim milk was bad. ?????????:huh:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Sometimes I don't think I pay enough attention. I eat everything that I should, but as far as following exactly the carbs/fat/protein input, I usually go over/under. Are you guys trying to do exactly?
    It's kind of hard when you don't know the nutritional values on things until after you input them... then you find out you went over, but your calories are still under. Weird.

I wish someone would just tell me exactly what to eat.
    What are you guys eating for breakfast/lunch/dinner?

I KNOW I'm not doing enough cardio since I don't belong to a gym, nor do I like doing aerobic tapes/dvd's. Or taking walks (which is bad, I know, but my knee sometimes feels bad half way through and I feel like I'm going to strand myself somewhere in the neighborhood!)
    So I have only been relying on dance dance revolution for my cardio plus the stretch band/weights that I do after which really gets my heart pumping.

My son just started baseball practice tonight and when it gets warmer I'm going to walk around the park while he practices. So I could get a good hour or so walk in. It was too darn cold and windy tonight to do it. I was hiding under 2 fleece blankets!

I started logging my food before I eat it was having the same issue and going over. I started 22 days ago and so far lost 8lbs. I have danon activia,oat meal and fruit for breakfast almost every day. I have been walking 5 days a week 35 min, because of leg issues. I am starting this week end to walk so now 7 days. When is your next weigh in? :smile:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
    Weigh ins are on Mondays.
    Good luck with the walking!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on the site in a few days. Sick kiddo... hard to find the time to get on the computer with a sick 3 yr old. Hopefully I haven't been too bad while not logging this! I guess I will know Monday night after my run when I weigh in!! Today I walked across town and back with the kids. (about 3.5 miles) then tonight we walked 2 laps around our circle which is right around 1 mile. That mile was quite slow though since Amber was learning to ride her "big girl" bike. Anyways, hopefully I will be back on to the site soon since everyone is feeling better.
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options

So, so sorry to hear about your grandpa!:heart:
    We're here for you. I know it will be hard to pay attention to what you put in your mouth right now, but try! And remember that crappy feeling you get after you eat bad, and remember you don't want to feel that way. You WILL get back on track! Start each day as if it were your first. One day at a time!

Thanks for your support. I needed someone to tell me to stay focused!
  • twin2
    Options
    I know when my Granny, yeah I am from Georgia, passed away in September, it was very hard to stay focused, but lost it over the holidays, her birthday was Christmas day, so there it went and a very very short month later, I had gained the 20 pounds I had worked so hard to loose. You will be in my prayers for God to comfort you and your family in your time of grieving. Hand in there, time does numb the pain (some) and you will get back on track but until you do, we are here for you!:flowerforyou:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Wow. 24 lbs already is amazing.

Well I finally made it to this thread. :wink:

Starting from day 1 all over again and not to mention 2 lbs heavier then when started.

I am going to try and not make a goal date or anything because I have done that in the past. I.e. When I was working at a different company last year, I was pretty thin and I noticed this guy was into me and I told myself to get back on track and stay fit, etc. Well.. instead I was eating more, stopped exercising and gained weight. The two of us didn't happen obviously. Then a few months later I was telling myself that I should really try and lose the 10 lbs that I gained so that any future guys won't look at me and think I am fat or whatever...well then I gained more and more and more. Moral of the story (besides the obvious self-esteem issues hahahaha) ... is that goals don't work for me. It feels like a control thing... I work well under pressure but goals are just a different issue for me. I DO make goals for myself but I don't assign timelines to it and I find that I DO get to my goals eventually.

The first initial weight loss took a good 10+ years to achieve and then took only a year to gain it all back.

So here I am again.

With anything else in my life... I live a boring life and I also get bored quite easily. I eat averagely healthy anyways, so trying to always calorie count has become so boring to me.
  • kerridwen
    Options
    Wow. 24 lbs already is amazing.

Well I finally made it to this thread. :wink:

Starting from day 1 all over again and not to mention 2 lbs heavier then when started.

I am going to try and not make a goal date or anything because I have done that in the past. I.e. When I was working at a different company last year, I was pretty thin and I noticed this guy was into me and I told myself to get back on track and stay fit, etc. Well.. instead I was eating more, stopped exercising and gained weight. The two of us didn't happen obviously. Then a few months later I was telling myself that I should really try and lose the 10 lbs that I gained so that any future guys won't look at me and think I am fat or whatever...well then I gained more and more and more. Moral of the story (besides the obvious self-esteem issues hahahaha) ... is that goals don't work for me. It feels like a control thing... I work well under pressure but goals are just a different issue for me. I DO make goals for myself but I don't assign timelines to it and I find that I DO get to my goals eventually.

The first initial weight loss took a good 10+ years to achieve and then took only a year to gain it all back.

So here I am again.

With anything else in my life... I live a boring life and I also get bored quite easily. I eat averagely healthy anyways, so trying to always calorie count has become so boring to me.

I so hear you on the past troubles! I was fine until I starting wanting to lose - since then I've gone up about 20 lb on average (but lost muscle so I'm sure it's actually worse!)

Fortunately, I'm finding this site has been a blessing and eating the right amount daily has become second nature. I just put things in at the end of the day to make sure I didn't go over, and tend to overestimate. Hope it helps you too!!!
  • jenbar
    Options
    Had a little panic attack this morning when they said the site was down! But since none of you have been on yet, I'll assume you didn't even realize it!
    Dulce, no need for goal dates. Just do it slow and you'll get there. I know, we all seem to forget how long it took us to put it all on, and we magically want it to all fall off in a week!

Me personally, I would like to look good in the dress I will be wearing for my sil wedding in July. Then I'll go from there.

Jennifer
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Had a little panic attack this morning when they said the site was down! But since none of you have been on yet, I'll assume you didn't even realize it!
    Dulce, no need for goal dates. Just do it slow and you'll get there. I know, we all seem to forget how long it took us to put it all on, and we magically want it to all fall off in a week!

Me personally, I would like to look good in the dress I will be wearing for my sil wedding in July. Then I'll go from there.

Jennifer

I was up early I was checking to see if it came back up every five min. Very stressful. So I went to do dishes and some cleaning came back and was very releaved it was back. I did not realize how much I depend on this site. Where do you put measurements?
  • twin2
    Options
    To put your measurements in go to "My Home" and the "Check In", you can add the measurements you want to there. Hope they all are what you have worked so hard for! :flowerforyou:
  • jenbar
    Options
    Okay, so I was REALLY bad for the first time in 3 months!! And totally feel guilty! I went to my brothers house for my nephews 16th birthday party. Stayed away from all the appetizers and just kept popping vegetables. Then... the cake came! Which I made, and had a small piece along with... yes, ice cream cake! Then we were chatting and I started picking at the appetizers, crackers, cheese, pepperoni, spinach dip!, more veggies, a bite or two of sausage bread, a tiny buffalo chicken leg. My God! I couldn't stop! What the hell!? I'm paying for it now! I feel like crap, and my stomach feels icky. And of course I got on the scale this morning and thought I saw the thingy move down. I have a LOT of exercise to do tomorrow to make up for all that! ughhhhhh! I'm not eating, dropping Ryan off at school, working out, pooping and THEN I'll weight myself! hahahaha!
  • twin2
    Options
    Well, tomorrow is my weigh in day at the gym. :tongue: A litte scared after last week :sad: , but I am proud to say that I have not had a Coke, my major hangup, in one full week!!! :bigsmile: That is the one thing that I have struggled with during "my whole weight loss life". If I don't loss, I will still have the satisfaction of knowing, that is at least 2400 calories this week that I haven't had. We will see and post tomorrow.
    Rhonda
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I was REALLY bad for the first time in 3 months!! And totally feel guilty! I went to my brothers house for my nephews 16th birthday party. Stayed away from all the appetizers and just kept popping vegetables. Then... the cake came! Which I made, and had a small piece along with... yes, ice cream cake! Then we were chatting and I started picking at the appetizers, crackers, cheese, pepperoni, spinach dip!, more veggies, a bite or two of sausage bread, a tiny buffalo chicken leg. My God! I couldn't stop! What the hell!? I'm paying for it now! I feel like crap, and my stomach feels icky. And of course I got on the scale this morning and thought I saw the thingy move down. I have a LOT of exercise to do tomorrow to make up for all that! ughhhhhh! I'm not eating, dropping Ryan off at school, working out, pooping and THEN I'll weight myself! hahahaha!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is too funny!! I am totally the same way when I have an important weigh in for work!! I think before the biggest loser weigh in on the 25th I will also be hitting the sauna! :laugh: Don't feel to bad about blowing it today. One day will not kill you, may not make for a nice number since weigh in is tomorrow... but 1 day will not affect you in the long run. If that is really the worst you have been in 3 months you are doing GREAT! I wish I could say the same!! :flowerforyou: