Evil Aspartame

Options
12346»

Replies

• lupinibean
    Options
    Been using aspartame all my life. Hell, I'm so old that I remember using Sweet & Lo. I haven't gone blind, had a seizure, gotten an ulcer, gotten cancer, gone insane, had a stroke etc etc etc etc. And would you believe I haven't died, not even once!
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't use it cause I think it tastes HORRIBLE. I despise the stuff.
  • MintBerryCrunch21
    Options
    Does aspartame cause weight gain? Say if I had a diet coke wouldn't the aspartame or any other artificial sweeteners store that as fat in my body?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Does aspartame cause weight gain? Say if I had a diet coke wouldn't the aspartame or any other artificial sweeteners store that as fat in my body?

No. That's the entire point.
  • Garthamatic
    Garthamatic Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna die of something. Might as well enjoy the ride.

I don't smoke, don't do drugs, exercise like mad, eat healthy, and drink alcohol once in a blue moon. I think I can call my penchant for Diet Dr. Pepper a mild vice, at best.

People have to stop believing what they read on deh interwebz. I can't believe people passionately regurgitate this tripe with such steadfast conviction...

Oh, and there's a Nigerian Dictator that needs your help when you're done flushing all the diet soda in your kitchen down the drain. :laugh:
  • Meh.

I'll take my chances.

I love my diet drinks too much to give them up considering I have at least one a day & have experienced none of those side effects.

A life without my diet Rootbeer & Sprite zero is not a life worth living IMO :tongue:
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at this stuff online earlier because i get vertigo attacks and they have been hitting recently, and ive been drinking more diet soda and using sugar free coffee syrup insead of creamer, I am suspecting aspartame may be the cause of these attacks:angry:

I missed this originally but it should be mentioned that anyone who thinks they are suffering from headaches, dizziness, or nausea as a result of aspartame should looking into folate (B12) deficiency. The breakdown of methanol in the body can deplete folic acid levels that may already be low in the first case. In the scenario one could experience headaches or vertigo like symptoms.