Water sucks, it really really sucks!

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Buy a pitcher or water bottle that you can infuse fruit in... look on amazon, they have a few. Lemons, mint, berries... anything to give the water a natural flavoring should help you out!

But....but.....all the sugar.......
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    get over it and learn to like water.
  • billdes21
    Options
    hey hun, im lucky because I love water.....but since you don't Nestle purelife bottle water is the "cleanest" water got a B rating and most bottled water got D or Fs..... purest water is regular filitatered tap water, but if you struggle with drinking it, I notice I drink more using bottled water, since each bottle is over 2 cups, you only have to drink 4, so that's easy, before you eat or drink anything in the AM make it a habbit to drink at least one full bottle of water, that's what I do. good luck hun, u also might have to chug it, LOL
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I agree about trying non-cold water. I actually drink hot water, but that's weird to most people. Also, for me the more I drink, the more thirsty I seem to get...so my body reminds me when I slack off. Just make it your goal, and you can do it! Good Luck!
  • memubo99
    memubo99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I detest water and find it very hard to drink BUT I have discovered that I love hot water! Boiled in kettle and cooled enough to drink, now I drink 6-7 cupfuls a day
  • Blown_Away1
    Blown_Away1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    :laugh: sorry I like it a lot!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Buy a pitcher or water bottle that you can infuse fruit in... look on amazon, they have a few. Lemons, mint, berries... anything to give the water a natural flavoring should help you out!

Fruit is healthy :)
  • alannabowes
    alannabowes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time drinking my water when I first started MFP but all I do is have a glass beside me ALL the time and when it's empty, I refill it right then. Because I see it, I drink it. And because I've made it a habit to refill it as soon as it's empty, I do it without thinking about it now. Plus, when it IS empty, I find myself wanting more!

Another thing that has helped me is carrying around a nalgene (32oz)...again because I can see it I drink it. Just make sure to fill it up a second time when the first one is gone and then you're good!
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

fruit is loaded with sugar and sugar makes you fat. That's what I heard.
  • meeper123
    Options
    All this water talk has made me thirsty water time lol
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Water makes up 60% of the human body and 80% of the human brain. It also comprises 70% of the Earth's surface. If you hate water, might I suggest becoming a non-carbon based life form and moving planets?
  • meeper123
    Options

Nope your body knows what to do with natural sugars from fruits and veggies when you add simple sugars aka table sugar corn syrup ect it is not sure what to use it for since it has no nutritional value and converts it to fat cells. That is what your body does with anything its not sure what to do with or sends it to the liver
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    green tea loves you it helps with sore muscles for me.No added sweetners maybe honey when it is hot but thats when I am sore sore sore. No caff in green tea
    NOT TRUE. Green tea does, indeed have caffeine.
    http://coffeetea.about.com/od/caffeinehealth/f/How-Much-Caffeine-Is-In-Green-Tea.htm
  • indsan
    indsan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add fruits or cucumbers or even unsweetened teas with lemon or lime oranges , you can add mint leaves. Good luck!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Options

Nope your body knows what to do with natural sugars from fruits and veggies when you add simple sugars aka table sugar corn syrup ect it is not sure what to use it for since it has no nutritional value and converts it to fat cells. That is what your body does with anything its not sure what to do with or sends it to the liver

OK, Metabolically speaking can you explain to me how the body handles sugars from fruits differently than those from table sugar? I just want to make sure I understand before eating lbs of fruit.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Fresh squeezed-lemon.
  • elektradarling
    elektradarling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    green tea loves you it helps with sore muscles for me.No added sweetners maybe honey when it is hot but thats when I am sore sore sore. No caff in green tea

There is caffiene in green tea, less than in black tea but still there. If you can't handle caffeine or have an allergy all ways look for caffeine free green tea.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options

OK, Metabolically speaking can you explain to me how the body handles sugars from fruits differently than those from table sugar? I just want to make sure I understand before eating lbs of fruit.
    Sorry for butting in, but...the body processes frustose and table sugar in essentially the same way. The idea with fruit is that it is a food that provides water, vitamins, minerals, etc., along with the sugar, all in a low calorie package. It's really not that much sugar.
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    go with the old college drinking techniques just chug it..... if you dont like it get it over with fast chug a bottle of water before every meal or as soon as you wake up something like that, when I find I am low on water i usually just chug it bottles at a time to get where i need to be
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    "gator-aide"

sorry, i just couldnt resist the topic title reference to a hilarious sandler movie