The Fast Metabolism Diet

Options
1234568»

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this diet today, so anyone else doing this ,please message me! :) Really excited and happy about the changes that I'm making!

Can I ask why?
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Don't forget, her other works advocate coffee enemas.

That book didn't sell so well
  • kflenar
    Options
    ME:
    Thought I'd weigh in on this topic. I'm not the normal "dieter" - 21 year old active college student in club sports and in endurance running. I ate calorically well (i.e. 2000-2400 depending on my workouts) and varied my carb/protein/fat ratios, but was always "skinny fat." I could run 15 miles, but couldn't get rid of the stubborn fat around my middle.

I gave this diet a whirl because the people I was living with at the time was doing it. I figured I had nothing to lose.

THE DIET:
    The weight you lose in week 1 is water weight. You can physically feel it. I struggled through sugar withdrawals on days 4/5 where I couldn't focus and was moody because sugar is in... well everything. As the weeks went on, it did get easier. By week 3 I no longer craved unhealthy foods. I learned to like veggies I had never given a chance. By the end, I did shed fat and could see abs for the first time in my life. I had to gradually increase the portions, though, because the calorie intake was too low for my lifestyle and I was feeling weak.

One of the bad things about nutrient-dense and calorie-low foods (i.e. veggies) is that you have to eat a lot of them to get the calories you need. Some meals took me over an hour to eat because of the amount of food I was ingesting, despite it only being a 500 calorie meal. As a college student, the cost definitely made me not able to afford maintaining a no-processed diet. I was spending around $150-$175/week on the food. It is costly.

POST DIET -
    Having tried it, I find that an all-natural, minimally processed lifestyle is the healthiest way to be. Everything you eat is wholesome. I just can't spare the time or money in my stage of life. After the diet, I spent a day eating the foods I had given up (alfredo pasta, ice cream). Then a week later was my 21st birthday... I basically ate all unhealthy foods for a week or two. When I cut back, I had already gained weight again. Not much, but some. The main thing after the diet is not to get sucked into binge eating bad foods after going without. Treat yourself, but within limits. Today, I am leaner than I was before the diet, but not what I was immediately after the diet. I am basically in limbo. What I gained from the diet is that a lot of processed foods are calorie fillers. They provide calories but aren't that nutritious of calories.

Just eat wholesome and well, watch your portions, switch up your workouts, and you should be alright.
  • rosaliecarter2
    rosaliecarter2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started the Fast Metabolism Diet two weeks ago after my hairdresser lost 8 pounds in two weeks and she only have 20 pounds to lose to be a stick. I am almost at the end of two weeks and have lost 6 pounds which is amazing as I am 54 and did cheat a little bit on the serving size. I feel my metabolism was slow I was losing 1/2 a pound or less on weight watchers and when I ate one large meal it was back. I like that you can eat carbs, I love carbs. There are only two days phase 2 no carbs and those are the toughest. I like the food and the portion sizes. I am 5. foot (Short) and weighed 124. and am down to 118. My goal 115 for a river cruise in November. I need to go off it for a full week due to another short 5 day vacation. I hope to maintain the loss and start again on October 27, 2104 and that should give me another two full weeks to lose another 5. Like the girl above I have tried several diets over the past five years and the only other diet lost weight on this fast was Southbeach Diet, sooo hard no carbs. I'm excited to see how much I lose the next two weeks.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Wow. Keep your metabolism guessing...
    Throw in muscle confusion and you have a full boat of pseudoscience. :(