Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Neck punch him.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Instead of showing him a video and scaring him, you should have pointed him to one of the many countless topics on here on this issue.

CLIFFS: Women (and men for that matter) don't just get "bulky" by accident. It's a long term, deliberate and scientific process that requires tons of hard work and dedication. Women aren't genetically designed to be bulky so its an even bigger uphill battle for them to even begin to look so.
  • kedlyo
    kedlyo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    First, be the captain of your own ship. Marriage should be a partnership, not a property/owner relationship.
    Second, show him any of the following articles:

http://www.somatraining.com/index.php/soma-blog1/89-5-reasons-women-wont-bulk-up

http://physicalliving.com/strength-training-for-women-why-women-dont-bulk-up-from-strength-training/

http://nzrealhealth.co.nz/fitness-myths-why-women-wont-bulk-up-from-weight-training/

Third: Ask him if he wants to push you around in a wheelchair for a large portion of your later life? Or pay the medical bills for and watch you suffer with hip fracture, spinal fracture, etc. because you developed osteoporosis? Osteoporosis strikes 1 in 3 women, and strength training is key in preventing it from striking YOU!

There are many more reasons than that to strength train, but that is the first one that popped in my head when I thought about ways YOUR strength training will positively affect HIM.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Instead of showing him a video and scaring him, you should have pointed him to one of the many countless topics on here on this issue.

CLIFFS: Women (and men for that matter) don't just get "bulky" by accident. It's a long term, deliberate and scientific process that requires tons of hard work and dedication. Women aren't genetically designed to be bulky so its an even bigger uphill battle for them to even begin to look so.

Well the girl looked awesome to me but not to him
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    First, be the captain of your own ship. Marriage should be a partnership, not a property/owner relationship.
    Second, show him any of the following articles:

http://www.somatraining.com/index.php/soma-blog1/89-5-reasons-women-wont-bulk-up

http://physicalliving.com/strength-training-for-women-why-women-dont-bulk-up-from-strength-training/

http://nzrealhealth.co.nz/fitness-myths-why-women-wont-bulk-up-from-weight-training/

Third: Ask him if he wants to push you around in a wheelchair for a large portion of your later life? Or pay the medical bills for and watch you suffer with hip fracture, spinal fracture, etc. because you developed osteoporosis? Osteoporosis strikes 1 in 3 women, and strength training is key in preventing it from striking YOU!

There are many more reasons than that to strength train, but that is the first one that popped in my head when I thought about ways YOUR strength training will positively affect HIM.

Even i didnt know that
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    he wont let you and you just listening to him? What a healthy relationship you have.

LIFT
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Lift what you want.

Tell him it wasn't heavy....for you
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You've gotten some good advice on how to go about discussing this with your husband- my advice is to take a big look at your self esteem and your relationship with your husband. Sounds like a much bigger issue is invloved.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    I don't tell my partner what I'm doing in the gym. Occasionally he has the same idiotic thoughts that I am lifting too much weight. Needless to say I just do what I do and he mostly leaves me to it. He likes me to be happy, and lifting makes me happy. Jess happy = his life much easier, so he has learnt through default not to critique my workout lol.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Don't tell him?
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    You are not a slave.
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    Do what makes you happy.
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Do it anyway. When he sees your end result he won't complain.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the you have bigger issues than your choice of workout.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Neck punch him.
    ^ this. How dare he?
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    he wont let you and you just listening to him? What a healthy relationship you have.

LIFT

I was thinking this too, I went into a daydream mode imagining a life where my wife would listen to what I say and actually adhere to some of it and thinking about what a healthy relationship that would be...

then I scrolled down and read LIFT and I snapped back to reality..
  • TboneNast
    Options
    Get a new husband. What an incredibly selfish, ignorant, small-minded, insecure, cheuvanistic thing to say. Screw that guy. Do what makes you happy!
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    do what makes YOU happy!!!!!!
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Get a new husband. What an incredibly selfish, ignorant, small-minded, insecure, cheuvanistic thing to say. Screw that guy. Do what makes you happy!

YOU SAID IT FOR ME!!! thank you !
  • thewickedlifter
    Options
    Trust me on this - LIFT HEAVY!!! He will be in awe when he sees how your body transforms. Above all else do what YOU WANT, not what he wants. It's your body girl, now get after it!!