Milk

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Fat free has been processed so much that there is very little goodness in it. No vitamin D or E - these are vital for your bones and skin. Do not cut out the healthy stuff as you will find that your skins, nails, teeth and bones will suffer as well as your hair sheen.

So, it has no protein?
  • Erod1972
    Erod1972 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Raw Jersey milk...nothing in the supermarket even comes close...
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I prefer 5.31% but will opt for 1% if necessary :-)
  • simplynaturalfarm
    simplynaturalfarm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Cow milk is gross... it's food for a baby calf, not people. We stop babies using breast milk at 6-8 months old. So why would anyone switch to cow breast milk???

*sigh........

maybe you stopped drinking breast milk at 6-8 months, but my kids would be nursing til 18 if they had the option and they sure as heck did not stop at 6-8 months.
    As far as sustainability I can certainly argue the validity of my grassfed low input raw dairy vs. anybody's almond or soy farmed drink with it's high inputs - plus my cattle are utilizing land that can't be used for anything else. Last time I looked not too many animals are processing their own soy or crushing almonds to drink either and they are not working for a living, driving cars, eating farmed lettuce from California, or anything else the rest of us do :). I am also not seeing animals store food for winter (beyond the mice and chipmunks . . ), they are urinating and defecating in their water sources (yes, in the wild and my backyard sloughs . . . ), and nature is mighty tough, harsh and mean - I have seen my share wildlife hunt and tear their meat to shreds, eating back limbs while the animal is still alive, or even play and tease them til they are bored of them and leave them with the guts lying about to die a rather painful death. . . (I get to see that daily with the cats and dogs, but i am kind enough to put the critters they catch out of their misery. . )
    My cows are mighty well off and seem to enjoy their warm barn in winter, stored feed and warmed water compared to their wild counterparts who lose weight all winter and scratch through 18 inches of snow to get at the dried grass underneath, potentially starving to death thanks to kind "nature". . . .
    Of course if we were all being natural, we also would not reside in ND where we get 6 months of harsh winter (I'm still arguing that one to DH ;)
  • erwinol
    erwinol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    YES, I do.....

I know Asians that drink milk every day .....Myth BUSTED
    I also know MANY "Black Peoples" and almost all of the one's I know drink milk daily also .....
    And I know quite a few "White People" too, and WAY less than 10% of them can not drink milk.
    And I am 46, and as said in the rest of my post you did not copy, I have been drinking between 1/2 to 1 full gallon a day for probably 36+ yrs .... Full Fat, whole milk .....

Come on ! Did I said that black and asia guys would explode if they consumed milk ? Of course not.
    Of course they can drink milk ... that does not mean that they fully digest lastose and that they don't get discomfort from drinking it. You can get used to anything.

It is a fast that asian doesn't digest milk and more than half the blacks too. These are FACTS.
    And I know several white people that cannot digest milk.
    Do you really think that lactose intelorent people would present themselves to you that way : "Hi ! I am Richard and I am lactose intolerant !". Of course not, you don't know if someone is or not ... you have to rely on facts comming from studies.
    let's here some more of this BS you are spouting in here now ..........Why do you people find it neccessary to try and push your agenda onto everyone else. Did I say that you should be drinking milk?? NOPE, I sure didn't, did I ?? I stated that I do. And will continue to do so, NO MATTER what your uber educated fingers want to type on here .....

I never said I didn't drink milk ... in fact I am drinking milk every day. So why would I try to convince anybody to avoid milk ? I am not. But cow's milk is not intended to humans, it is not that hard to understand. I just give my opinion, nothing more.

And please stay polite.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    YES, I do.....

I know Asians that drink milk every day .....Myth BUSTED
    I also know MANY "Black Peoples" and almost all of the one's I know drink milk daily also .....
    And I know quite a few "White People" too, and WAY less than 10% of them can not drink milk.
    And I am 46, and as said in the rest of my post you did not copy, I have been drinking between 1/2 to 1 full gallon a day for probably 36+ yrs .... Full Fat, whole milk .....

Come on ! Did I said that black and asia guys would explode if they consumed milk ? Of course not.
    Of course they can drink milk ... that does not mean that they fully digest lastose and that they don't get discomfort from drinking it. You can get used to anything.

It is a fast that asian doesn't digest milk and more than half the blacks too. These are FACTS.
    And I know several white people that cannot digest milk.
    Do you really think that lactose intelorent people would present themselves to you that way : "Hi ! I am Richard and I am lactose intolerant !". Of course not, you don't know if someone is or not ... you have to rely on facts comming from studies.
    let's here some more of this BS you are spouting in here now ..........Why do you people find it neccessary to try and push your agenda onto everyone else. Did I say that you should be drinking milk?? NOPE, I sure didn't, did I ?? I stated that I do. And will continue to do so, NO MATTER what your uber educated fingers want to type on here .....

I never said I didn't drink milk ... in fact I am drinking milk every day. So why would I try to convince anybody to avoid milk ? I am not. But cow's milk is not intended to humans, it is not that hard to understand. I just give my opinion, nothing more.

And please stay polite.

Saying 'These are FACTS' doesn't necessarily make it a factual statement. That's a FACT.
  • erwinol
    erwinol Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Saying 'These are FACTS' doesn't necessarily make it a factual statement. That's a FACT.

:)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I used to drink skim until I found out that it's really not that great for you.

Now I do 1%
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Fat free has been processed so much that there is very little goodness in it. No vitamin D or E - these are vital for your bones and skin. Do not cut out the healthy stuff as you will find that your skins, nails, teeth and bones will suffer as well as your hair sheen.

Not true. Unprocessed milk has no vitamin D. Vitamin D is added to milk, including skim milk.

Milk fat is not necessary for healthy skin, nails, teeth or bones. There are plenty of ways to get fat besides milk.
  • Harmonynichole
    Harmonynichole Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Organic is much better for you over all, but a lot of what is labeled "organic" is not actually organic (sigh). I have also become paraniod about the amount of sugar in milk now. If you are looking at lactose which is natural in milk, whole milk is better because in low fat and nonfat the sugar is added to the milk to make it taste better. So whole milk = natural sugar and low/nonfat = added sugar and they are labeled the same! I have found a local organic market and now that I am working again we will be able to afford the $8 per gallon of grass fed whole milk. They are also selling the organic goats milk & cheese at our local grocery, but there is a wonderful goat farm not far from us and they are selling direct to the markets making it easy for us to get.
    Good luck in your decision and it really is just up to how your body reacts to lactose. Some people gain weight with whole milk while others gain weight with low fat milk. Women in general need all the extra calcium they can get so make sure whatever you drink that it has a goodly amount of vitamins :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    So whole milk = natural sugar and low/nonfat = added sugar and they are labeled the same!

Some people gain weight with whole milk while others gain weight with low fat milk.

Where on earth do you get these things? They are blatantly false.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk becos of all the toxins
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of milk and all the wonderful treats that are made from milk such as ICE CREAM, CHEESE on pizza and burgers, and BACON. (Ok, so bacon isn't made from milk, but it just fit too well in that group). Please direct your anit-milk campaign at someone else because I like it!.

You want proof? Well, they say the proof is in the pudding, and my pudding is made from skim milk! I usually consume skim milk b/c I track my macros and get a majority of my fat from almonds and fish.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options

And please stay polite.

She is right.

humans are not supposed to originally lactose containing products past the toddler's age.

We have adapted/evolved to it.

Much of my protein does come from dairy products. I am just saying she is right.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Women in general need all the extra calcium they can get so make sure whatever you drink that it has a goodly amount of vitamins :)

This is not true. Women do generally need more calcium than men, but calcium is not an "all you can get" nutrient. Too much calcium can cause problems too.
  • I drink 2%. I don't see much of a difference between whole and 2% myself as far as taste goes. It's really a personal preference thing.