looking for breakfast under 100 cal?

Options

Replies

• rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Really? No meal should be under 300 calories... Either way have a fruit that's just about it

Really? My breakfast is 247 cals & keeps me full till about 2pm. 2 eggs & a banana. Under 300 cal easy & perfect. I'll go home now shall I?

I have oatmeal with nuts and raisins with 150ml of Almond milk, and 2 cups of coffee for about the same as yours too, and it fills me up till lunch. Maybe we are special snowflakes? :wink:

Nope ~ not special snowflakes ;). Me too, I've always eaten a light breakfast, often a cup of bran flakes or oatmeal, milk, coffee. It fills me up til lunch and has never been an issue for me.

Not convinced there's some rule that breakfast must be 300+ calories or that it's gotta be the biggest meal of the day etc. We're all different.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    yes
    NO NO NO do not remove the yolk they are a VERY GOOD FAT and have protein they are all around GOOD FOR YOU
    Eggs - Eggs can be less fattening when you remove the yolk. 1 large egg contains about 70 calories and 4-5 grams of fat. Now, when making them whole whether it be scrambled or dippy adds up! If you remove the yolk from the egg , you'll be removing about 60 calories and all of the fat. One large egg white contains about 17 calories no fat but all the protein! That is much healthier then eating 1 or more whole eggs.... so lets get cooking with them! Here are some great ideas.

No no no no no!

There is nothing wrong with eating egg yolks. They are full of nutrients and eggs are not high in calories unless you eat a dozen in one sitting.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

And an egg is just not the same without the yolk... I care more about the taste than the nutritional value :-)
  • pritti123
    pritti123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    During the working week I usually have breakfast at 9am which is a Farley's Rusk at 70 calories (I know it's for kids but I love love love them!) and a cup of tea........but my lunch break is at 12pm so I dont wait too long for lunch.
  • waferless
    waferless Posts: 16
    Options
    1 Kellogg's nutrigrain blueberry waffle (with no syrup) is 90 calories.
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My typical day - usually a 40g or 60g bowl of any cereal of my choosing with skimmed milk, a conservative lunch and a substantial (within reason) dinner. All the while I graze throughout the day on fruit, nuts, etc.. I can't stomach too much food first thing in the morning and it's usually 8am when I'm work that I eat breakfast. Weekends there tends to be a bit more calorie bias towards breakfast when I have more time and can scramble some eggs! :)
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    2 servings of Egg Beaters (6 tablespoons, 50 calories)
    Sliced Tomato (one or two slices, maybe 10 cal)
    14g shredded swiss (50 cal)
    Total calories: 110 high in protein (for the calories)

Yogurt (Pretty much any single serving container is right around 100 calories)

Fruit (An orange, apple, bunch of berries)

Frozen fruit, cooked with granola on top

A hard boiled egg 70 cal (or two for 140)

Low cal toast with cheese or PB2

A breakfast taco:
    Egg Beaters 1 serving 25 cal
    Shredded Cheese 1/2 serving 50 cal
    Corn tortilla ~50 cal
    Total 125 cal

Veggies sauteed topped with some parmesan cheese

Half a mini bagel (50 cal) plus some cream cheese (1/2 ounce 50 cal)

Chunk of cheese (1 ounce 100 calories)

1/2 cup brown rice (70 cal)+ 1 serving Egg beaters (25 cal)
  • JPal5
    JPal5 Posts: 178
    Options
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    haha may breakfast is about 500cals... *runs away*....

brown rice, poached egg, I have chia seeds which bumps it up (60cals), as well as my protein shake with milk or soymilk and like a sane, healthy person I love my egg yolks! (not just for amazing flavour, but the fact that any health benefits or eggs are in the yolk).

Anyway to answer your question... if I had to eat 100cals I would go for something HIGH protein, like eggs or just a protein shake. I would be ravenous otherwise.

I still don't get why you'd want such a small breakfast!
  • JessHealthKick
    Options
    yes
    NO NO NO do not remove the yolk they are a VERY GOOD FAT and have protein they are all around GOOD FOR YOU
    Eggs - Eggs can be less fattening when you remove the yolk. 1 large egg contains about 70 calories and 4-5 grams of fat. Now, when making them whole whether it be scrambled or dippy adds up! If you remove the yolk from the egg , you'll be removing about 60 calories and all of the fat. One large egg white contains about 17 calories no fat but all the protein! That is much healthier then eating 1 or more whole eggs.... so lets get cooking with them! Here are some great ideas.

No no no no no!

There is nothing wrong with eating egg yolks. They are full of nutrients and eggs are not high in calories unless you eat a dozen in one sitting.
    [/quote]

And an egg is just not the same without the yolk... I care more about the taste than the nutritional value :-)
    [/quote]

oh my, I want to slap people over the head for this! YOLKS ARE WHERE IT'S ALL AT! All the good stuff for you is there..

So should I boil broccoli, throw away the broccoli and keep the water? (quoted by someone on this topic before).

It's ridiculous. Eat the peel and not the banana? Cut off apple skin/potato skin? I don't get this insanity!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Why?
    What are you saving the other 1500 cals for?

This was my question as well.

Might as well just skip it at this point.

Meh, my breakfast is always around 100 calories - soy or almond milk w/ protein powder or chocolate. I don't like to eat in the mornings.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    oh my, I want to slap people over the head for this! YOLKS ARE WHERE IT'S ALL AT! All the good stuff for you is there..

So should I boil broccoli, throw away the broccoli and keep the water? (quoted by someone on this topic before).

It's ridiculous. Eat the peel and not the banana? Cut off apple skin/potato skin? I don't get this insanity!

Slapping everyone with different tastes or goals than you could be detrimental to your health. Better to just worry about you.
  • JessHealthKick
    Options

Slapping everyone with different tastes or goals than you could be detrimental to your health. Better to just worry about you.

yes I do worry about me, but it is sad to see so much misinformation. Cholesterol from foods is not evil, egg yolks are not evil. All the nutrients is there and it's just so wasteful!
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

Sometimes, when one has macros set saying 150gm of protein, and 1900 calories to do it it, a couple egg whites can help make that difference. That may not be what the OP was talking about, but that's my situation, and I sometimes run out of calorie room all too fast before hitting my protein, and egg whites are a good way to help fix this.

I still have a couple poached eggs on the weekend along with bacon, because food isn't evil. Cupcakes are malevolent, but otherwise...
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    A hard boiled egg plus one hard boiled egg white.

But I have to agree with numerous others. WHY????
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Under 100 calories? That ain't no breakfast

^^^^^^This^^^^^^ why only 100 calories, I would be starving in an hour if that was how I started my day. I currently eat 8 egg whites, a cup of spinach, 3 sausage linkes and a 1/2 cup of diced red potaotoes for breakfast....yummmy, now that's a breakfast!
  • WolowitzTimestwo
    WolowitzTimestwo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The OP has said in a follow up post that he works weird hours Not 9 to 5. Sleeps late and this is more of a snack type meallthan a full on breakfast. Am I the only one who reads the whole thread?
    Lots of good ideas here though.,,
    And egg whites only?? Why bother masticating.
  • jen81uk
    jen81uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Why?? Breakfast is important, fuel yourself for the day. x
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day!
    I used to have a severe ED and even then I would eat practically all of my calories at breakfast.
    You burn them all off.

You need those calories in the morning to jumpstart your metabolism, it helps you lose more to eat more in the AM.

This isn't true. There is no such thing as "jump starting metabolism".

Anyways, if you want a 100 calorie breakfast just because you think you should eat it, don't bother eating if you aren't hungry. You won't go into starvation mode, and your metabolism will be fine.

If you just want a super small breakfast, eat fruit.
  • SarahDavs
    SarahDavs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Eggbeaters: Serving Size 3 Tbsp: Calories 25
    Sara Lee's 45 calorie toast
    low fat margarine
    You could add a bunch of onions and mushrooms to the eggbeaters to bulk it up.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Why?? Breakfast is important, fuel yourself for the day. x

The good thing is that we can fuel our bodies at any time of the day we choose and they will still work just fine.