looking for breakfast under 100 cal?

Replies

• AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    hi im looking for a breakfast under 100 calories and no oatmeal got anything?????

Just curious, why under 100?
    Breakfast should ideally be a larger meal with dinner being smaller as you get closer to bed time...you need breakfast to fuel your body for the day ahead!

This is a myth, you dont need to have a big breakfast and limit yourself before bed. Your body is still working when you sleep. It doesnt matter when you eat your calories as long as your eating at a deficit. )(correct me if im wrong but this has been an on going arguement on MFP and this is the response that seems to be accurate.))
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    hi im looking for a breakfast under 100 calories and no oatmeal got anything?????

Breakfast should ideally be a larger meal with dinner being smaller as you get closer to bed time...you need breakfast to fuel your body for the day ahead!

This is a myth, you dont need to have a big breakfast and limit yourself before bed. Your body is still working when you sleep. It doesnt matter when you eat your calories as long as your eating at a deficit. )(correct me if im wrong but this has been an on going arguement on MFP and this is the response that seems to be accurate.))

This. I don't really know why everyone is judging so much, you don't know what the OP eats the rest of the day. Maybe they are going out for a meal in the evening and want to eat light during the day?

OP, the most satisfying breakfast that I can think of for under 100 cals is going to be greek yogurt with some sort of berries, or an egg-white omelette with something like mushrooms and spinach.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member

You are correct. You could eat all the foods right before bed if you really felt the need. I use to NEED breakfast or I'd pass out. These days I prefer to do what people consider "IF". I have 2 large meals later in the day. Breakfast calories go towards bigger meals, and right now, that's very convenient, and that's the way I like it.
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Dannon Light & Fit (80 calories) add some fruit

One egg with some red pepper

A piece of healthy toast with some mashed fruit for the topping
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Why?
    What are you saving the other 1500 cals for?

^^ THIS. 100 calories is a snack, not the most important meal of the day!
    Having said that, my favorite low calorie breakfast is one cup of strawberries with 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 9oz coffee with sugarfree creamer and Stevia = 173 calories. But I eat a snack about 2-3 hours later.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member

This. I don't really know why everyone is judging so much, you don't know what the OP eats the rest of the day. Maybe they are going out for a meal in the evening and want to eat light during the day?

OP, the most satisfying breakfast that I can think of for under 100 cals is going to be greek yogurt with some sort of berries, or an egg-white omelette with something like mushrooms and spinach.

~mouth waters~ egg white omelette....nomnomnom
  • dgrei320
    dgrei320 Posts: 66
    rice cake. 2 slices canadian bacon. half cup pineapple
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member

A daily chewable Flintones vitamin, a fish oil pill and a small banana would come in just under 100 calories

:laugh: LOL

I agree with the oatmeal, it really worked for me with almond milk. I find if I have at least 150 - 200 calories for breakfast I don't get crazy cravings later on in the day.
  • dgrei320
    dgrei320 Posts: 66
    Ideally you want to eat a bigger breakfast though. you want to go to bed on and empty stomach. so bigger breakfasts are essential for getting those calories in. too few calories actually slow your progress...
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Ideally you want to eat a bigger breakfast though. you want to go to bed on and empty stomach. so bigger breakfasts are essential for getting those calories in. too few calories actually slow your progress...

Why?
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    :noway: troll question no? :laugh:
    Unless the person was genuinely small ie 4'5, UNDER 100 kcals is not really a meal to any extent... Unless your breakfast is stacked with lunch like 2 minutes later xD

But if this was a serious note... Whey protein with water does the trick... Instant whey by reflex nutrition (strawberry) ... 25g serving provides 97kcal and 20g protein... Though I've ever only tried it with water once and never again... Milk with it is god!
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member

~mouth waters~ egg white omelette....nomnomnom

I'm not sure if that was sarcasm :laugh: I never said it would be nice, I meant satisfying in terms of filling :laugh:
  • krhn

Why?

Yeah I didn't understand the statement at all... You talking about 1 meal a day xD
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    quick: Light and Fit Greek Yogurt - 80 calories.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    To each his own....I eat under 1000 cals a day because I have to eat gluten free due to celiac disease AND financial reasons don't allow me to eat all day long!

So before you judge....be a little more open-minded.

I am completely healthy....and live off of fruits, veggies, eggs, chicken, fish, and occasionally some dairy.

I can't stand it when people get all judgmental over low calorie intake....get over it!

I eat a gluten-free diet and eat over 1800 cals a day (usually over 2000). There's no proper excuse for eating under 1000, unless maybe you are a 3 year old.
  • Ender126
    Ender126 Posts: 44
    Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day!
    I used to have a severe ED and even then I would eat practically all of my calories at breakfast.
    You burn them all off.

You need those calories in the morning to jumpstart your metabolism, it helps you lose more to eat more in the AM.

Am I the only one that thought "ED" meant Erectile Dysfunction at first?

Carry on...
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    My snacks during the day are more than 100 calories usually.

My breakfast today was over 500 calories.
  • Shellbug75
    Shellbug75 Posts: 74 Member
    An egg (cook with butter flavored cooking spray)

Plain Oatmeal

Fruits (watermelon, apples, strawberries)

Half a serving size of Corn Flakes with 1/2 serving of Pure Almond Milk

Here is a link to some other 100 calories ( I didn't check it out, just copied it for you): http://www.fatsecret.com/recipes/collections/nutrition/low-calorie/under-100-calorie/Breakfast.aspx
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Doesn't quite meet your "under 100 calorie" goal, but at 113 cals, this Frittata could be tweaked to be under 100:

1 20 oz container liquid egg whites
    1 TBL Olive oil
    1 Onion
    2 cloves of garlic minced
    2-3 Cerrano Peppers
    Couple big handfuls of spinach
    Couple oz Reduced Fat Feta

Sautee the peppers and onions in the olive oil until they're how you like them
    Add the Garlic and cook for maybe a minute
    Add the spinach and wilt it down
    Pour in the Container of Liquid egg whites
    cook/stir a little bit to get the veg distributed into the egg matrix
    sprinkle the feta over the mixture
    Pop the whole Pan into a 350 degree oven for 15 mins or so (until it sets)

I usually portion this into 5 slices

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Iron Sodium
    Per Serving: 113 4 5 15 2 340

ETA. Garlic. forgot the garlic.
  • krhn
    Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day!
    I used to have a severe ED and even then I would eat practically all of my calories at breakfast.
    You burn them all off.

You need those calories in the morning to jumpstart your metabolism, it helps you lose more to eat more in the AM.

Am I the only one that thought "ED" meant Erectile Dysfunction at first?

Carry on...

Nope you just have a dirty mind... :laugh: