looking for breakfast under 100 cal?

Options

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Six scrambled egg whites and a teaspoon of cinnamon.

Geekation_Cinemon.gif
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Under 100 calories? That ain't no breakfast

That's what I call a "Breakfast Junior" which means I've already had a 200-300 calorie breakfast about an hour earlier.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    2 pieces of bacon
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I like the Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt. It's only 80 calories.
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I hear that 2 mouthfuls of air add up to about 80 calories.... :indifferent:
  • TammyHames
    Options
    Try Kroger Brand of CarbMaster Yogurt, yummy flavors. 60 calories per container, 4 carbs, 3 grams sugar :)
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Why? Doesn't seem like enough food.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    100 calories is a snack. ....But Ham and Veggie Scramble
    30g onions
    15g red bell peppers
    15g green bell peppers
    50g zucchini diced into cubes
    50g crimini mushrooms
    21g Safeway Select Boneless Ham diced
    1 egg white
    1/2 tsp olive oil
    99 calories

sounds alright, but WHY would you put in the olive oil and leave out the egg yolk????
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    That seems really low and I think I'd chew my arm off, but what ever works for you... My vote goes to Fage Greek Yogurt 0% fat, topped with berries. Could do this for 100 calories to tide. You over for a while, or 2 low fat mozzarella cheese strings... That's all I've got!
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, you should have a bigger breakfast....a good breakfast is the best way to start the day!

But, if you really insist on having only 100 calories :)
    -There are some greek yogurts that only have 100 calories or less
    -1 cup of Dannon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt is 100 calories
    -2 slices of Healthy Life 35-calorie Wheat bread is 70 calories and you could add some PB or fruit spread
    -BERRIES are awesomely low calorie and full of antioxidants and vitamins

Bananas are great but unless you have a relatively small one the calories can be over 100
  • Tyree985
    Tyree985 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Unless there's some kind of specific circumstance, you should really be eating more than 100 cal for breakfast. 300 is my minimum, but I've found (as have many others) a bigger breakfast tends to lead to better eating throughout the day.

I agree a 100%!!!!!!!!!!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    hard boiled egg.
    yogurt.
    sausage patties.
    fruits.
  • ElizMurphy69
    ElizMurphy69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is 2 hard boiled eggs and 3 pieces of bacon....255 calories and 21 grams of protein! :-) Keeps me full til lunch and I keep losing eating weight! :-) I usually eat this 3-4 days a week.
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

That's what I call a "Breakfast Junior" which means I've already had a 200-300 calorie breakfast about an hour earlier.

Yes, but then you can have second breakfast and then elevenses...
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Why?
    What are you saving the other 1500 cals for?
    Agreed as well. If you're just looking for suggestions as to what to eat that isn't calorie heavy (to combine them for a good breakfast), I can get behind that. But for a whole breakfast? Getting a good breakfast for most is not just a catchy phrase, it's mandatory.

I eat 2 hard boiled eggs (80 calories each), 2 slices of turkey bacon (25 calories each), or a half cup of fruit (varying calories), or half an avacado (roughly 70 calories), or a banana (depends on size, roughly 100 calories), and coffee w International delights creamer (varying amounts of creamer - 30cal per tbspn -- yes I understand not really good for me. Don't care, I make up for it in other areas.), so my breakfast is usually around 300 calories in total, each piece of my breakfast being under 100 calories or round about that.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I hope you know of second breakfast
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I would skip breakfast then.

I would too. I would just save those 100 cals for a bigger lunch if I was only going to eat 100 or less for breakfast.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what egg beaters are, I'm guessing an egg substitute,but generally if a "real" food is available that's what I go for e.g. porridge instead of Oatsosimple.. The calories are rarely different and you can control the sugar/salt content.

As others have said, if you really only want 100 calories I'd go for the fruit/yoghurt solution (strawberries don't come into season here till late May, by the way) or the omlette - depends how much time/washing up you want in the morning!

ETA I couldn't leave the house on an empty stomach, I'd feel faint and fall over! Must have at least a cup of tea (with milk) and preferably cereal even if its early. But I know some people can mange without.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    A couple egg whites mixed with some veggies is a good one.. Can be around 100 calories.
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Double negative...you are therefore implying that it is in fact a breakfast.

But as others have said, breakfast is an important tool for getting your metabolism up and running for the day. I eat 300-400 calories (granted I eat 1800-2500 calories per day so I have a fair amount to eat). I have found that for someone with a sweet tooth like myself, it is important to get in proper protein and complex carbs, and I'm not allowed any refined sugar products until evening, otherwise my day gets thrown off and I seem to be craving sugar all day.

My go-2s: 1 egg with an english muffin and 1/2 ounce of cheese ~240 calories.
    Fruit/Protein shake (1/2 cup frozen mixed fruit, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cub plain non fat greek yogurt, spinach, 1/2 scoop protein powder, a little water) ~ 200 calories
    1 cup Kashi Go Lean Fiber Twigs cereal with 1/2 cup skim milk ~ 180 calories.
    1 bagel thin + 1 tbsp natural peanut butter + 1/2 banana or apple ~ 250 calories.

Hope that you find something that works for you!