looking for breakfast under 100 cal?

Options

Replies

• xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what egg beaters are, I'm guessing an egg substitute,but generally if a "real" food is available that's what I go for e.g. porridge instead of Oatsosimple..

Eggbeaters are egg whites in a cardboard container. They're real food.
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    A few egg whites with some spinach and tomato, I'm guessing.
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Under 100 calories....

Vegetables. Yeah I know they're not a typical breakfast food, but you can get a lot of broccoli for 100 calories.

Actually here's a 121 calorie broccoli omelette, leave out the cheese and it's 96 calories:
    1 medium egg
    1 cup of chopped broccoli
    1/2 Laughing Cow - Mini Babybel Light
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Under 100 calories? That ain't no breakfast

That's what I call a "Breakfast Junior" which means I've already had a 200-300 calorie breakfast about an hour earlier.

Yes, but then you can have second breakfast and then elevenses...

Something like that for sure...I think I personally would call it, "I eat all daysies!"
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Under 100 calories? That ain't no breakfast

Double negative...you are therefore implying that it is in fact a breakfast.

Exactly what I was about to say, but you beat me to it!
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good grief! don't listen to the trolling idiots who aren't here to answer your question. Ok, you asked about breakfast under 100 calories? A hard boiled egg is 70 cal, balance it out with some berries, and I'd be mighty happy.

I get it if you have trouble eating breakfast, I never ate breakfast until I was diagnosed with diabetes about a year and a half ago, and now I make myself eat something because I need to.
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good grief! don't listen to the trolling idiots who aren't here to answer your question. Ok, you asked about breakfast under 100 calories? A hard boiled egg is 70 cal, balance it out with some berries, and I'd be mighty happy.

I get it if you have trouble eating breakfast, I never ate breakfast until I was diagnosed with diabetes about a year and a half ago, and now I make myself eat something because I need to.

Methinks you are confused about the definition of an internet troll. And besides, this forum is all about educating, and it a general consensus by the medical community that breakfast should be eaten, and ideally more than 100 calories.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Why?
    What are you saving the other 1500 cals for?

Really? No meal should be under 300 calories... Either way have a fruit that's just about it

Unless there's some kind of specific circumstance, you should really be eating more than 100 cal for breakfast. 300 is my minimum, but I've found (as have many others) a bigger breakfast tends to lead to better eating throughout the day.

I agree with all off these. 100 cals for breakfast is too low and will have you ravenous the rest of the day. shoot for 300min at breakfast and it will keep you fuller longer during the day.good luck :flowerforyou:
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 288
    Options
    Have an medium apple and green tea 70 cals
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    butttttt why under 100cal...that isnt breakfast that is a TEASE
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Dust.
  • melly0224
    melly0224 Posts: 15
    Options
    Egg beaters has 30 calories per serving. 1 serving = 1/4 cup. There's plenty of recipes out there for using egg beaters.
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    Dannon light & fit Greek yogurt (80cal) and some berries
  • AmesBelovedd
    Options
    half a poptart is 100 calories.
  • hannahamay
    hannahamay Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Your breakfast should be the largest meal of the day so if 100 calories is your largest then you have an eating problem. You should be asking for something under 300 calories.
  • rachiech13
    rachiech13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    hi im looking for a breakfast under 100 calories and no oatmeal got anything?????

Just curious, why under 100?
    Breakfast should ideally be a larger meal with dinner being smaller as you get closer to bed time...you need breakfast to fuel your body for the day ahead!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    A piece of whole wheat toast, maybe. I need a bigger breakfast to get through my day....I average about 350 , sometimes more.
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mior1fX88w1r0htyno1_500.gif
  • xinit0
    xinit0 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Where does this "breakfast should be your largest meal of the day" thing come from?
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Egg whites :)