15g red bell peppers
    15g green bell peppers
    50g zucchini diced into cubes
    50g crimini mushrooms
    21g Safeway Select Boneless Ham diced
    1 egg white
    1/2 tsp olive oil
    99 calories

sounds alright, but WHY would you put in the olive oil and leave out the egg yolk????
    To coat the pan. Not to add to dish. lol you could also use a spray but I hate stuff in a can.
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Under 100 calories? That's not breakfast IMO.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    I'd rather not eat or just have a coffee with half and half cream.
  • parinati
    parinati Posts: 5
    Options
    sounds like a snack to me....but if you feel you need to..

* stick of lite string cheese = 50 cal
    * 2 slices deli ham = 60...

well.....its 10 calories over.....
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    what i do, is 2-3 egg whites(32-48 cals), and 1 or 2 slices of turkey bacon(35-70 cals) For a total of 67-102 calories. Lately though, in addition to that, i've had half a grapefruit(60 cals.) Not bad, i'd say.(: Lots of protein. It keeps me full til lunch.

How come thats all you eat until lunch?

because between breakfast to lunch, i'm not allowed to have food at work.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Unless there's some kind of specific circumstance, you should really be eating more than 100 cal for breakfast. 300 is my minimum, but I've found (as have many others) a bigger breakfast tends to lead to better eating throughout the day.

This.
  • OriginalKatie
    OriginalKatie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I agree with many others on this topic - 100 cal for breakfast isn't enough. It's not really enough for any main meal. I have a breakfast that is 250 - 300 cal. If I don't eat enough I know that I will get hungry quickly and may then eat too much throughout the day. So I say eat a healthy breakfast that is around 300 calories. Nothing wrong with that.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    A troll answer would be to burn 500 calories before hand so now you can have 599 kcal :bigsmile:
  • RavenMoon528
    Options
    1500??? Is that how many calories you have each day? I am trying to find a reasonable number of calories and have gone from 1200 to 1000 and now back at 1200 and thinking I should go up, but am terrified I will blow up like a balloon! How many calories are most ppl who are losing on a regular basis eating each day? Please Help, I am so Frustrated. And yes, I follow my menu to the T but because of back/pain issues, no exercise as of yet. I am only 1/3 down on my goal and have such a long way to go. I just want to do this correctly if i am going to take the time to write it all down and follow it. I am a woman, over 50 but also have alot of muscle from back when i was able. Seems like I fight the same lbs. each mth and maybe lose 2-3 in an entire Mth. That is way to slow.
  • FluffyMae
    FluffyMae Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Spinach, mushroom and egg white scaramble! Low calorie, high protein. Keeps you full for a while.
  • Logical_Integrity
    Options
    My cappuchino is more then 100 calories.

:laugh:
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My ? is why do you have to eat under a 1000 calories because you are Gluten Free
    To each his own....I eat under 1000 cals a day because I have to eat gluten free due to celiac disease AND financial reasons don't allow me to eat all day long!

So before you judge....be a little more open-minded.

I am completely healthy....and live off of fruits, veggies, eggs, chicken, fish, and occasionally some dairy.

I can't stand it when people get all judgmental over low calorie intake....get over it!
  • kaylagohring
    Options
    i eat a 45 calorie dannon yogurt and a dry wheat bread only 50 calories good luck
  • lumadances
    Options
    Everybody is talking about breakfast being so large, but I struggle with eating breakfast. My digestive system doesn't 'wake up' until long after I do.

So, I almost always have a banana first thing to get things going and then wait until I'm actually hungry to eat something else later in the morning, which would be a yogurt or a piece of toast with peanut butter, or eggs, or whatever...
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie

A smoothie is a healthy breakfast choice that contains calcium, protein and several different vitamins and minerals. Reader's Digest says that you will need 1/4 lb of strawberries, the juice and zest of 1/4 orange and 1/8 cup of plain low-fat yogurt. Place the strawberries, orange juice, zest and yogurt into a blender and mix until it is smooth. Serve in a tall glass for a total of about 55 . For a few extra calories, add a few banana slices to the top of the smoothie, suggests Reader's Digest.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/244212-100-calorie-breakfast-lunch-ideas/#ixzz2R84BvtLg
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Fruit Salad

For about 55 calories, you can have a large bowl of fruit that will provide you with several vitamins and minerals as well as several grams of fiber to help keep you full, says Reader's Digest. You will need several different kinds of fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries. Add more exotic fruits, such as currants or passionfruit, suggests Reader's Digest. Aim for about one cup of fruit. Cut the fruit into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl. You can drizzle 1 tsp. of honey or 2 tbsp. of plain low-fat yogurt over the top for just a few additional calories.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/244212-100-calorie-breakfast-lunch-ideas/#ixzz2R84L06rM
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Eggs - Eggs can be less fattening when you remove the yolk. 1 large egg contains about 70 calories and 4-5 grams of fat. Now, when making them whole whether it be scrambled or dippy adds up! If you remove the yolk from the egg , you'll be removing about 60 calories and all of the fat. One large egg white contains about 17 calories no fat but all the protein! That is much healthier then eating 1 or more whole eggs.... so lets get cooking with them! Here are some great ideas.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Eggs - Eggs can be less fattening when you remove the yolk. 1 large egg contains about 70 calories and 4-5 grams of fat. Now, when making them whole whether it be scrambled or dippy adds up! If you remove the yolk from the egg , you'll be removing about 60 calories and all of the fat. One large egg white contains about 17 calories no fat but all the protein! That is much healthier then eating 1 or more whole eggs.... so lets get cooking with them! Here are some great ideas.

No no no no no!

There is nothing wrong with eating egg yolks. They are full of nutrients and eggs are not high in calories unless you eat a dozen in one sitting.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Breakfast under a 100 cals? I wouldn't bother to dirty the dishes, think I would rather go hungry
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    yes
    NO NO NO do not remove the yolk they are a VERY GOOD FAT and have protein they are all around GOOD FOR YOU
    [/quote]

No no no no no!

There is nothing wrong with eating egg yolks. They are full of nutrients and eggs are not high in calories unless you eat a dozen in one sitting.
    [/quote]