For the love of god women EAT!!!

Options

Replies

• BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am a woman and I have just started on here with 1200 cal but today have upped it to 1500 a day!! I love food and I don't want to lose weight by not eating anything, I want to lose weight by eating the right things and doing exercise! That way I can have a treat if I want one without feeling guilty :)
    This!
  • draccy
    draccy Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Because most people don't realise that you are supposed to eat exercise calories back and NET the calorie goal

It would've been nearly impossible for me to eat back the (supposedly, according to my heart rate monitor) 2000 calories I burned off yesterday hiking 10 miles. Even with eating a celebratory slice of cherry pie. Best pie ever. But if I tried to eat the 3000 or so calories I had to eat yesterday, I would've felt beyond sick.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Just as annoying as all the 5'2 and under threads and no one feels they are able to eat more than 1200 just bc they are short.

I'm 5'2" and if I eat only 1200, it's because I'm sick.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 119lb, yesterday my dinner was 1200 calories! 2,600 total.
    I'm trying to get back down to 114lb & average about 1900 cal a day. But I don't measure or weigh my food so it's probably more! ;)
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat like a man, like 1600-2100 a day, depending on activity level. I eat I lose, When I don't eat I BINGE...

This exactly for me. I burned more than 5000 calories this week running, so I'd be a very sad panda if I only ate 1200 calories a day!
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    I eat like a man, like 1600-2100 a day, depending on activity level. I eat I lose, When I don't eat I BINGE...

This exactly for me. I burned more than 5000 calories this week running, so I'd be a very sad panda if I only ate 1200 calories a day!

Ouch...!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    untitle.JPG
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'm a woman and I eat... I think I ate 1200 cals for lunch yesterday too. My husband just kept passing those cheddar biscuits my way and then wanted to know if I wanted dessert. Note: he doesn't eat nearly as much as I do but he is the enabler!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    In my personal experience, when I "couldn't" eat at or above 1200, I was really just trying to convince myself and others of that I couldn't eat because I hoped that this would keep me "naturally" skinny.

I believe for some members this plays a part. It is such a novelty to want to eat less that they want to be recognized for it.

There are some members who do the balls-to-the-wall, go from Big Macs to skinless chicken and endless celery sticks - and they receive good advice on how change their diet to something healthier and more sustainable.

Those who insist that they could possibly eat more than what a toddler eats borders on - if not actually crosses - some twisted and dysfunctional vanity line.

I do not and will not support someone swinging from over-eating to justifying starvation tactics.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I only have the problem of not eating above 1200 if I miss a meal like breakfast because of bloodwork or if I don't get my evening meal before 8 p.m. because if I eat after 8 p.m. I get reflux. Hmmm. What would I rather have. Stomach acid ruining my vocal cords because I ate too late or less than 1200 calories. No brainer here. It's normally NOT a problem though. I love my food.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I had a very successful 2.5 months when I first joined eating only 1200 calories per day, the problem is that some women can't stand the idea of upping their calories after. Now I am on 1400 per day and still losing, intending to rise to 1500/1600 in about 3-4 weeks time to slow my weight loss for the final 1-2lbs.
    To be honest, this way of eating does feel like it's changed my eating habits because I tried to up to 1600 last week and I just could do fulfil/hit that target on a daily basis. So for some people they genuinely cant once they get used to a set amount.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    why>?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I only have the problem of not eating above 1200 if I miss a meal like breakfast because of bloodwork or if I don't get my evening meal before 8 p.m. because if I eat after 8 p.m. I get reflux. Hmmm. What would I rather have. Stomach acid ruining my vocal cords because I ate too late or less than 1200 calories. No brainer here. It's normally NOT a problem though. I love my food.

Hmm... I have my bloodwork done quite regularly and I have it done first thing in the morning. Are you waiting all day to do it? You are finding excuses. Eat full fat non-diet food, nuts, peanut butter/almond butter,trail mix, fry your chicken at lunch/dinner in some olive oil or put some on a salad. It doesn't take long to get your calories up.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1200 a day for four months and I do fine. I am however fairly sedentary. I also realize that the more I lose, I will have to slowly up my calories.
  • youcantfoolme
    youcantfoolme Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I use the 1200 calories as a kind of stop gap, so when I get near it, I need to pay closer attention especially with portion control. I also have to balance 3 different ''diet'' requirements, diabetic, heart healthy, and gastroparesis. I don't beat myself up over the calories.
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    People think they have to eat the lowest calorie versions of stuff, and I used to be the same. But the higher calorie versions are so much tastier people!

Today I have planned 1400 already (of my 1550 basic) and then I will need about 400 exercise cals worth too,
    I will not be finding it difficult to find a piece of cake, or cheese. I might have an extra egg with my dinner, or have an extra protein shake before bed. NOT DIFFICULT!
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Its mostly the mindset. I've just upped my calories and was adding some mixed nuts to the shopping. I nearly took them off when I saw the calories per protion - but then remembered that that was why I was adding them in the first place:laugh:

Also, if you clear your house of the "bad" things there's not much left to get those extra calories - I'd feel weird boiling an egg at 8.30pm as an evening snack..... I suupose I might have some toast and marmite:smile: Its having "good" high calorie treats in the house that makes the difference.
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    nm
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    happens to me from time to time I get busy over sleep or just feel eek but I certainly don't make it a habit
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I tried 1200 at first and failed miserably because it was just too little. I upped it to 1400 and have been doing fine with that amount thus far...except for the one night I got drunk and made nachos.