Over 200 New Year New Me Part 19

Options

Replies

• Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I have to agree. A good friend of mine got pregnant and she was a bigger girl. She gained maybe 5 pounds and that wasn't until the last month or two. Her weight just shifted around. She actually lost weight the first couple of months and the doctor said that was okay.

The same thing happened to me. I lost weight due to morning ( all day sickness) which lasted 8 months. But overall I only gained 5 pounds with my 3rd child. And when i had him, he was 6 lb. 7oz...plus when i got home for the hospital i weighed myself and lost 15 more pounds...then i gained it all ( and 30 more) back due to breastfeeding..

So it is possible to get pregnant and not gain much weight.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    I was 270 when i got pregant with both of my girls..funny thing after each of them i was close to 250 and if i worked at it i could of gone down from there instead i ate whatever i wanted and 6 months after each one i had balloned back up...if i had only known then what i do now i would be not of gotten up to 300 lbs.

I have a dilema for lunch...i usally work out...but we are all going to the gym and having a big workout tonight, so don't know if i want to go at lunch too...but if i don't got...not sure what i am going to do :sad: i guess i could fold laundry
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yep, full on stalk mode. I've done my 2 hours of work at work today. :laugh: (awful)

Df & I are going to the zoo tonight. I bought him a membership a few years ago for Valentine's day and he's kept it up each year since then (the membership is $60/year but it would cost us $20 to go each time and we live about 3 miles away so it's a fun place to go walk or hang out for a couple of hours if we're bored). Anyway, tonight they're having a function for their members involving meeting the penguins & feeding them and they're giving us a preview of the brand new kangaroo exhibit that will be opening to the public tomorrow. You can walk around with the kangaroos and wallabys! I'm so excited! I've never seen a kangaroo before (that seems like such a silly thing to say).

Also, what I'm excited about is zoo food. It'll be really cheap tonight so I'm getting a soft pretzel and an icee for dinner (and then I'll come home & have some chicken breast & veggies :tongue:)! It's like all I can think about. :laugh:

I'm eating a leftover sweet potato enchilada and it reminded me to post the recipe: They were easy & are very good & not so bad (except for the sodium thanks to the enchilada sauce. I suppose you could make your own).

Sweet potato enchiladas

5 sweet potatoes (I used 4. Mine were monsters. I still had too much filling so I should've only used 3)
    1 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel cheese (reduced fat cream cheese), softened
    4 green onions, chopped (I used 6, but then, I had too many potatoes :laugh:)
    2 teaspoon chili powder (had none. Couldn't believe it. I used about 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp cayenne, a little garlic, and 1/2-1tsp cumin instead)
    1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional) (I didn't add any additional from what I explained above and I thought they were plenty cuminy)
    2 teaspoon dried oregano (The only dried I had was ground, so I used 1tsp)
    1 teaspoon salt (NOT NECESSARY. I used about 1/4 and IMO, it didn't need even that much. Then again, my tastes have changed and I like things much less salty than I used to so YMMV)
    12 (7 inch) corn tortillas
    1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I do NOT recommend the kind I used. I don't remember what brand it was... La something (that helps, huh?) but it wasn't so good. :laugh:)
    1 (8 ounce) package shredded 2% cheddar cheese (I used 2% mexican 4 cheese)

Directions
    1.Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat, and boil the sweet potatoes until tender, about 30 minutes. Cool and peel the sweet potatoes. (Um, I nuked my sweet potatoes. Worked just fine and took under 10 minutes, thanks, then I scraped the innards out of the skin. Messy, but easy)
    2.Place the sweet potatoes in a bowl, and mash them with the cream cheese, green onions, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, until well mixed.
    3.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
    4.Heat pan and fry the tortillas with pam, one at a time, for about 30 seconds per side. Remove tortillas. (I didn't do this either and I didn't miss it. No need to add extra oil. Pam & other cooking sprays ARE NOT calorie free, not matter what the labels say. They're still OIL and have the exact same calories as oil which is a lot. Manufacturers get away with that by making the serving size like "1/8 of a second spray" Who can even work the spray nozzle that quickly?)
    5.Place about 1/3 cup of sweet potato filling down the center of each tortilla, roll it up, and place filled tortillas seam side down in the prepared baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas, and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
    6.Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the enchiladas are bubbling and the cheese is beginning to brown. (I baked for 25 minutes & couldn't wait anymore. They were good)

I also added some leftover rotisserie chicken to each enchilada. I recommend adding some kind of protein to them. Chicken was very good. I think steak or ground beef would be good, too. Whatever you want! Anyway, I think they're yummy! And it was so nice to eat a flavor combination I don't think I've ever had before. I love to keep food super flavorful and interesting!

Edit -- sorry, you probably want the nutrition info for the enchiladas, eh? This is based on how I made them not including the chicken I added (reduced salt, 2% cheese, neufchatel cheese)

This is for the filling and enchilada sauce only! Add the tortillas & top cheese yourself:
    Calories 217
    Total Fat 8 g
    Saturated 4 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g
    Trans 0 g
    Cholesterol 20 mg
    Sodium 890 mg (:noway: if you omit the salt altogether this will go down about 100mg)
    Potassium 478 mg
    Total Carbs 30 g
    Dietary Fiber 5 g
    Sugars 12 g
    Protein 6 g
    Vitamin A 130%
    Vitamin C 24%
    Calcium 17%
    Iron 8%

Small corn tortillas are about 60 calories and if you add a full 8oz of cheese & eat two of the enchiladas, that's about 100 calories worth of cheese. So, for 2 enchiladas (which is a lot of food --I couldn't eat 2 last night when I tried. I'm eating one at a time) you're looking at about 457 cals. But, like I said, I'm eating ONE for lunch right now with a serving of "fiesta style" frozen veggies and I'm looking at about 275 calories for a lunch which is awesome and so yummy.
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Hey girls, I have another question for ya..

Does anyone use a kitchen food scale? I am looking at different types on Amazon, and reading the comments. But i am unsure. I am looking for one that is not going to cost me so much and is accurate/durable too.

If anyone has a kitchen scale ( digital) please help me out:heart::bigsmile: Thanks:flowerforyou:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    OMG THOSE SOUND SOOOO GOOD!!!! Sounds like a lot of work though. :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    You actually need closer to 300 calories (extra) for the baby

Thanks Cris! I don't know know where I got 100 -- just popped into my head & I didn't think to fact check. :smile:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    OMG THOSE SOUND SOOOO GOOD!!!! Sounds like a lot of work though. :laugh:

You know, I really thought it was going to be, too. But it was super easy and actually pretty quick, too! Just a little messy. But then... everything I do in the kitchen ends up being a little messy. :laugh:
  • LittleSpy
    Options

Does anyone use a kitchen food scale? I am looking at different types on Amazon, and reading the comments. But i am unsure. I am looking for one that is not going to cost me so much and is accurate/durable too.

If anyone has a kitchen scale ( digital) please help me out:heart::bigsmile: Thanks:flowerforyou:

And for the 3rd post in a row. I have a digital kitchen**. My #1 recommendation is to get one that takes REGULAR BATTERIES.

I hate mine because it uses lithium batteries that are not only expensive but also can be hard to find. And I use the scale so often that I go through those suckers like crazy (longer lasting than regular batteries my butt! That's as much of a crock as compact fluorescent light bulbs lasting longer than incandescents. What a racket! :laugh:)

**Edit: I have a digital kitchen **scale**. NOT a digital kitchen. :laugh: I don't even know what that would be, but now I want one.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    I have a kitchen scale and don'[t think i could manage without it :smile: I don't know what kind it is but had it forever...i was frekaing out yesterday i was weighing my food and it said "low" then shut offf...it does take regular batteries but wasn't sure if i had any , luckily i found some ..

I like it, but it is old and someday would like another one, but it will work for now. you can switch between grams and oz.,it has a bowl on it, that i use often but you just put stuff on there like a plate and zero it out then add the food.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I bought a cheapo one from Walmart...think it was $9.99. Works well. Couldn't tell ya what brand it is though. I'll have to look tonight.
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Thanks girls!

I was looking at this one

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Kitchen-Silver/dp/B001N07KUE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1274458606&sr=8-1

And it sounds/looks good but wanted to know what ya think. It does take regular AA batteries. I have a food scale but it's not digital, it give me inaccurate reaading all the time.

Let me know what you think of this one.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    OMG I forgot to share my funny moment of last night with you ladies! So the dress I bought is a very clingy material but actually looks really good on, minus my belly pooch due to the belt. But the belt helps accent my smaller waist line. Anyways! My roommate brought me one of those...well I call them big girl panties to try on...as previously mentioned I'm not girly, I don't do pantie hose and all that jazz. Anyways...this was one of those full body armour things that are supposed to slim ya down...getting this on was a process for me! OMG!! I skiped my workout but I don't think it was needed after putting that on!! :laugh: I was laughing so hard trying to put it on I kept falling down. She was sitting outside just yelling going "what's the problem in there!?" was pretty funny. So needles to say, I sweat my *kitten* off trying to get that darn thing on....but it definitely took the pooch away! :laugh: :laugh: Happy Friday!!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Jess - TOO funny!!! I know what you mean i had one of those i wore with my wedding dress to try to help the pooch (that was like 50 lbs from now so thinking i would like that little pooch right now :smile: ) ..I can imagine !!!

Well i was deciding what to eat for lunch, i was going to have a grill cheese but only had a few slices of bread and wanted to keep them for my french toast this weekend yummmy...then i was lik I WANT PASTA!!! So i am making me some penne pasta with parms cheese...little more than i usally eat for lunch but since i am having a big work out (at least 400 maybe 500 toinight) and i struggle with my cals being up enought i figure i am worth it :smile:

So i decided i am just going to stalk here for a while instead of doing anything production at lunch
  • velvetechos
    velvetechos Posts: 234
    Options
    I have to agree. A good friend of mine got pregnant and she was a bigger girl. She gained maybe 5 pounds and that wasn't until the last month or two. Her weight just shifted around. She actually lost weight the first couple of months and the doctor said that was okay.
    [/quote

I second that - I only gained 8lbs in my pregnancy, and it was right at the end - and I actually lost about 13lb in the first two months of it. I think cutting out all the junk from my diet and focusing on healthy foods did it, and also helped make it a habit :)
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Totally random, has anyone ever made "frozen yogurt" byt putting a container in the freezer? I didn't eat my yogurt with breakfast and I was thinking about a tasty frozen treat later this afternoon. I have a Dannon Light and Fit yogurt. If I just put it in the freezer will it be any good??
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Totally random, has anyone ever made "frozen yogurt" byt putting a container in the freezer? I didn't eat my yogurt with breakfast and I was thinking about a tasty frozen treat later this afternoon. I have a Dannon Light and Fit yogurt. If I just put it in the freezer will it be any good??

Used to eat it all the time as a little kid as a summer evening treat. My mom stuck popsicle sticks through the foil so they were frozen yogurt pops. :bigsmile: Yum!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Pos me! I love that picture of your family. Your kids are soooo gorgeous!

Jess -- I so want one of those full body sucker-inner things. :laugh: I've never tried one on but I can only imagine. I fall down just putting on pants half of the time.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options

I have the biggest loser digital scale and I love it!!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Pos me! I love that picture of your family. Your kids are soooo gorgeous!

Jess -- I so want one of those full body sucker-inner things. :laugh: I've never tried one on but I can only imagine. I fall down just putting on pants half of the time.

I've worn the control top pantiehose YEARS ago but never one of these. They are HARD to get on!! I was asking my roommate what if you have to pee!!?? No way could I get that back on drunk! Boy was I informed there are holes sewen in for that. WEIRD!! But man do they slim ya down!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Where did you find one to try it on? Now I'm curious! :laugh:

I'm about to go to another eye Dr. appt and it's at a mall, so I bet I can find one at Belk (which is sadly, I think the only department store at the mall I'm going to. Years ago, I think Verizon was planning to buy the mall to expand their call center location & all the major stores bailed.. then apparently they decided against it... so it's the weirdest emptiest mall ever with a Lenscrafters, Belk, TGIFridays, Barnes & Noble, Gymboree, and Bath & Body Works. :laugh: And then a whooooooooollllllleeeeeee lot of empty space. So bizarre. There I go including way too much detail)