Over 200 New Year New Me Part 19

Options
awestfall
awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
Here it is!! FYI I ate way too much this weekend and I am up but I refuse to change my ticker so I am going to sweat my *kitten* off this week with Last chance workout with Jillians Michaels and then Cardio Max with Bob Harper then Bootcamp with Bob this week Hopefully with all that and watching every calorie that goes in I can drop some major poundage.I want to get out of the 200s before my b-day in July.I CAN DO THIS and I WILL !! No more SLACKING its ON!

Congrats JULIE!!! So happy for you!!
Cris glad you found a new Iphone!!!

Replies

• jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new posting Awestfall :flowerforyou:

I think this is the week for a lot of us pushing ourselves to the fullest and we can absolutely do this!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize we had a new thread! Thanks awestfall!

Let's rock it this week!!:drinker:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Hello all !!!! Lets this be a good week for everyone !!!!

Jess - Good to know your feet slimmed down oh how i hope mine do. With each of my girls my feet got biggger ugggg...Before etither of them i wore 9 1/2 or 10, now it is 11
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    bump
  • awestfall
    Options
    Good girls !! Lets really push our bodies to the limit this week!! I AM SO GAME NO SLACKING FOR ME THIS WEEK>I already planned my food out for the week.YAY!!! Motivation is HERE TO STAY!! SUMMER is too CLose for me to START SLACKING NOW!! And I will be 30 in JULY and I don't want to spend another birthday being over 200 pounds.So my goals is to get as close to being under 200 as I can before my birthday.What are some goals you gals have set for summer?Lets keep each other motivated and focused to meet these goals.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    My goal for the summer is to be under 200 pounds for my family reunion. When I saw them last year I had barley lost 30 pounds. If I can get to 199 at least I would have lost 62 pounds. I leave June 30th first thing in the morning. I'm back at pre vacation weight of 213.8. Roughly 14 pounds in 1 month and 2 weeks. It's going to be tuff but that's my goal! I know with y'alls help I I can get there!
  • awestfall
    Options
    My goal for the summer is to be under 200 pounds for my family reunion. When I saw them last year I had barley lost 30 pounds. If I can get to 199 at least I would have lost 62 pounds. I leave June 30th first thing in the morning. I'm back at pre vacation weight of 213.8. Roughly 14 pounds in 1 month and 2 weeks. It's going to be tuff but that's my goal! I know with y'alls help I I can get there!
    Well Jess I will definitely push you if you push me!!! No more games or slacking here I am going to push through the rest of this weight and become the person I know I am on the inside so people can see me on the outside.WE GOT THIS!! I am going to do my first 5k in September!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    My goal for the summer is to be under 270 by 4th of july for my trip to my brother in laws at the beach..of course i won't have a beach bod..but i will happy with 269 or better.
  • awestfall
    Options
    My goal for the summer is to be under 270 by 4th of july for my trip to my brother in laws at the beach..of course i won't have a beach bod..but i will happy with 269 or better.
    We will make sure this happens for you!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I know I've been MIA but I already had a busy weekend scheduled with work and the out of town party & I was supposed to volunteer today with the greyhounds but then the engagement thing kind of made things even crazier.

We stayed at the party way too long last night and I drank WAY too much. :embarassed: I was having such a good time catching up with people. I hadn't seen some of them in several years. I heard the phrase "Wow, you look great!" from at least 5 different people which was pretty awesome because none of them knew I've been working on this. 4 of the 5 were men & the 5th was my friend's mom (she's pretty awesome, albeit a little nuts -- the party was actually at her house :laugh:). But since when are men so observant? :laugh:

Today, instead of volunteering like I had planned, my fiance's (teehee) mom was coming through town on the way home from TN and wanted to stop for lunch. She seems really excited but, like my mom, she's having trouble grasping the concept of there not being a wedding. Scott finally had to tell her "Look, we're eloping. We just decided it would be nice to tell you first." :laugh:

We went ring shopping but we live in a stupid *kitten* backward state and most stores, whether or not the county still has blue laws, still close at 6pm on Sunday. :grumble: So we spent about 30 minutes at the mall just looking at rings to get an idea and then came home & shopped online. I found an engagement ring and wedding band I LOVE.The engagement ring will be very nontraditional and that makes me love it even more. Sooooooo perfectly understated & pretty. Prettier than anything I saw today in the 2 stores we went to (though we found it online at one of the stores we visited today, they just don't sell it in their stores). I'm so glad I'm eccentric & like what I like. :laugh:
    pZALE1-7451162t400.jpg
  • awestfall
    Options
    Hi ladies. I know I've been MIA but I already had a busy weekend scheduled with work and the out of town party & I was supposed to volunteer today with the greyhounds but then the engagement thing kind of made things even crazier.

We stayed at the party way too long last night and I drank WAY too much. :embarassed: I was having such a good time catching up with people. I hadn't seen some of them in several years. I heard the phrase "Wow, you look great!" from at least 5 different people which was pretty awesome because none of them knew I've been working on this. 4 of the 5 were men & the 5th was my friend's mom (she's pretty awesome, albeit a little nuts -- the party was actually at her house :laugh:). But since when are men so observant? :laugh:

Today, instead of volunteering like I had planned, my fiance's (teehee) mom was coming through town on the way home from TN and wanted to stop for lunch. She seems really excited but, like my mom, she's having trouble grasping the concept of there not being a wedding. Scott finally had to tell her "Look, we're eloping. We just decided it would be nice to tell you first." :laugh:

We went ring shopping but we live in a stupid *kitten* backward state and most stores, whether or not they have blue laws, still close at 6pm on Sunday. :grumble: So we spent about 3 minutes at the mall just looking at rings to get an idea and then came home & shopped online. I found an engagement ring and wedding band I LOVE.The engagement ring will be very nontraditional and that makes me love it even more. Sooooooo perfectly understated & pretty. Prettier than anything I saw today in the 2 stores we went to (though we found it online at one of the stores we visited today, they just don't sell it in their stores). I'm so glad I'm eccentric & like what I like. :laugh:
    ITS GORGEOUS JULIE!!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Thanks Ann, I think it's awesome!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for welcoming me to your family!! It blesses my heart!

So, I am really excited about this board because it is daily support and accountability, which I need!

MFP says that I should eat around 1800 cals a day but I find it REALLY difficult to get up to that, and then when I put my workouts on it brings me to a goal of around 2000 cals. I normally have a minimum of 500 cals left every day (one day I crawled into bed and finished logging my food and found that I was 1200 cals under what they suggest - oops!!) Anyway, so my personal goal is to be around 1500 cals a day.

So, that being said, today I ended with 1507 cals
    I did my 30 day shred (day 5 of the challenge and feeling SO SO SO GOOD!)
    I met my water goal!!
    One thing I am proud of - hmmmm well I spent a pretty lazy day at home and normally would have raided the pantry but I didn't even think about it! YAY! And I normally don't workout on Sunday's but I did and it was one of the most amazing workouts I have done!!! I'm contemplating a nice walk right now to finish out the night but it is still pretty hot outside!!! We'll see!!!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    The ring is so beautiful, Julie! :flowerforyou:

Openheaven, I recommend you really try to eat your calories. I know when I didn't, I lost for a few weeks and then stopped completely, because my body was going into starvation mode. It took me three weeks to get back in the swing of things, after I increased my calorie intake.

I'm awake. I had a little fight with my brother, and it is weighing on my mind. I just wrote him an email to tell him how much he hurt my feelings. I feel a little more relieved, so I am going to try to go to bed again. :yawn:
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Julie-That ring is beautiful!! love it! :love:

Bluenote-Sorry to hear about your fight with your brother, hopefully it is resolved soon so you can get some peace of mind [and some decent sleep!]:flowerforyou:
  • awestfall
    Options
    just did 30minutes with Bob Harper in BOOTCAMP!! I am sweating but I also wanted to share something too.When I first did this video I could barely get through week1 and 2 and I could hardly do any of the moves without losing my balance or getting out of breath.Today the moves seemed so much more doable for me.I actually could keep my balance and running the entire time Bob said to RUN!!! I know my body is getting stronger whether I see the results or not because when I first started this video I couldn't finish it.Now I am starting week 1 and 2 again and pushing through the whole video.So I am proud for that.My body is AWESOME and STRONG!!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Awestfall - Your body IS awesome and STRONG!!! I love your posts and I've missed your posting, I hope you start feeling more chatty :bigsmile:

Julie - the ring is BEAUTIFUL!!! Remember that opals are soft so you have to protect them (or replace them). It's funny is that I know that because if you knew me IRL you'd know what a tom boy I am!!! Right now I have a pretty anniversary ring on my ring finger that has a row of diamonds set down into a channel, no ear rings no necklace and a home made thin bracelet that I got at a world market place with my grand daughter. Usually my only bracelet is a hair band :tongue:

Jess - love :heart: LOVE the new glasses! I'm going to need glasses soooon!

BlueNote - we have MISSED you! I'm sorry about the fight with your brother :ohwell: family. Humph.:grumble:

Did I win biggest loser last week??? Has everyone weighed in?

Caroline (sister) and Elizabeth or EB (sister's wife) came up to Cleveland to celebrate their dating anniversary Saturday night. We met them at Great Lakes Brewery (see Saturday's calories:noway: ).

While we were out for dinner, my brother in law called, he was having a melt down over George (92 yr old FIL) who has urinary track issues and spray pees every where but the toilet. Caroline and EB decided to come back to our house after dinner and stayed over then spent ALL DAY yesterday helping us clear out the spare bedroom, and set it up so that we can move George into it ASAP. He doesn't want to live with us because Ken's brother's house is really really nice and "they have cable" but we're getting cable for him, and after hosing down their bathroom in urine for the past couple weeks I'm pretty sure he's worn out his welcome :huh:

I got a couple of these bottle thingies that guys can pee into like a bed pan - I'm hoping he'll use those instead of standing back and hosing down... I also put a plastic liner over the mattress, then a nice soft water-proof pad, then some disposable pads, then the new, freshly washed, high thread count sheets :wink: We're giving him the master bedroom which doesn't have it's own bathroom, but it does have it's own entrance to the main bath. It's actually Meghan's room (grand daughter) but she's not due out here until June 22nd.

We put up a five shelf bookcase and a smaller end table with shelves (matching white) and we got a "bed in a bag" set so there's a nice green/natural bed spread with a chocolate bed skirt - the whole shi-bang! We're pretty much minimalists so having a coordinated room like that is out of our comfort zone (and budget). But it looks really nice! I put family pictures in the room - none of Millie but lots of grand kids and great grandkids and stuff...

OK off to work! Yuck - Mondays!:sick:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Julie - I love the ring it is beautiful.

Openheaven - I am right there with you. I get 1560 but lately i have been working out and all last week i stayed under 1000. My goal this week is to at least net 1200, i am hoping that helps if not i will keep increasing it till it does.

Mstahl - LOoks like you got room all set for george.

Awestfall - Awesome on how you are getting stronger .Way to Go !!!!!

It was a very sleepy monday this morning...our 3 yhr old who normally wakes up at the crack of dawn was still sleeping at 6:30 when I had to wake her up!! I could of slept for several more hours.

Guess I got to get working ....hope we all have a great week !!!!!!!!!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Right now I have a pretty anniversary ring on my ring finger that has a row of diamonds set down into a channel, no ear rings no necklace and a home made thin bracelet that I got at a world market place with my grand daughter. Usually my only bracelet is a hair band :tongue:

Ditto this! :tongue:
    The wedding band I chose was really an anniversary ring with the diamonds in a channel. I thought it would be much less likely for me to get it caught on stuff and lose the diamonds and whack them against things, etc. We'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll wear it around my neck if it starts looking like it's not going to hold up to the beating it'll inevitably take.

And now, I'm officially done talking about rings and marriage. I know the rest of you aren't nearly as interested as I am right now. :laugh:

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: 1651
    Exericse: Just walking around shopping for about an hour
    Water: I don't know. Probably not good.
    Proud: I indulged in every single thing I wanted to eat yesterday... Every single thing -- we even went to eat at Cracker Barrel AND I had a limeade chiller from Sonic. And my cals were still in weight loss mode! It really is just all about portion sizes. Crazy.
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Julie - That ring is very pretty! :smile: If I ever get engaged (I've been with my BF over 12 years now, I don't know if that's ever happening :smile:), I've often been torn between something non-traditional and a diamond. Most of me wants to say that I should stick it to De Beers (even though they aren't quite the monopoly they used to be) and get something non-traditional, but there's a little girly part inside me that still thinks, "ooh so sparkly and pretty" when I see diamonds. :smile:

I had a pretty good weekend. We went out to eat at Bugaboo Creek on Friday and then to a brewpub on Saturday to see a friend who moved to Arizona. I have no idea how to even estimate my calories at the brewpub... I had some sort of Statler chicken breast with a stuffing put under the skin, steamed broccoli, and some roasted red potatoes all covered in some sort of wine based sauce. It was delicious, but I have no idea what was in the sauce or the stuffing in the chicken. :smile: I didn't eat any of the skin, though, and most of the sauce was really liquidy so it didn't all just sit on the potatoes and chicken. The stuffing was amazing though... I know there was sweet potatoes and currants and garlic and onions in it.

I guess I did something right, though because I am 2.4 lbs less today than I was at my weigh in on Friday! I'm going to wait a little bit before I record that officially, though.

Coming into the home stretch of my BL contest at the gym. My last trainer workout is tomorrow, and then Thursday is weigh in, body fat %, measurements, and the 1 min pushup/1 min situp/1 mile run tests. I think the winner is a combo of weight and body fat %. On Friday and yesterday at the gym, I did treadmill walking/jogging instead of the elliptical, to try and get ready for my run test. The first day of testing, I did the 1 mile run in about 15:45. A couple weeks ago, I tested myself again and got 14:36. On Friday, I got 14:01 and on Sunday I got 13:44! So I hope those improvements carry over to Thursday. :smile: Yesterday, I managed to do 20 min total of jogging in my 45 min workout. I think when I start back doing C25K (for the fourth time), I will need to start around week 3 or so... I am definitely past week 1-2.

Checkin for 5/16:
    Calories - 1484 (way under.. 116 under goal, plus 534 unused exercise)
    Water - bad, probably only 50 oz or so
    Exercise - treadmill (20 min jogging, 25 min walking)