Over 200 New Year New Me Part 19

Options

Replies

• meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I forgot to share my moment from my spin class last night. There was a girl there with her friend (She had a guest pass). She was probably in her 20's and maybe weighed 130 pounds...the class absoutely killed her. It was very clear she was struggling. Everytime she had to stop to take a breath she would look back at me and give me this look like "Are you freaking kidding me!?" I just wanted to be like "Yeah, that's right. Fat girl is showing you how it's done!" Really goes to show that just because you are smaller doesn't mean you are in better shape. I think she looked at me and giving me those looks about 40 times throughout the hour long class. Made me laugh everytime. :laugh:

Happy Wednesday!

Jess, I freakin' love this story....show 'em how it's done !!!!!!
    :heart: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :heart:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Good news -- I was back down to my lowest weight ever this morning.
    Bad news -- I'm retaining water again!! WTF?! The ring that's holding the place of my engagement ring was so loose I had to take it off yesterday evening because it was constantly falling off. This morning, I can shake my hand furiously and it won't come off my finger. My body is so fickle.
    Or, maybe the bloated is the good news. I'm excited about being my lowest weight AND retaining water. Now if I could just stop retaining the water the number on the scale would probably look glorious. :laugh: My sodium intake was 1779 yesterday so I don't know what's going on. I guess I did have about 1000mg with my dinner at 11pm last night (I had to work late :ohwell:) so maybe that's the culprit.

Calories: Good -- 1590 (goal 1567)
    Exercise: 45 minute walk at lunch
    Water: I have 12 cups logged
    Proud: The size 16 pants I wear to my part time job are all but impossible to keep on without a belt. I remember when I bought them at the end of January they were skin tight but I wore them anyway just because they were the first 16s I ever fit into. :laugh: Oh, and also I went and talked to the people at the gym I joined. They're hoping to open tomorrow, just waiting on one last permit from the city. YAY!! And I'm pretty sure df is going to join, too!

Oh, and something else -- I'm so proud of my boy. He's seriously like a new man since we've been engaged. I wanted to marry the old him but I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to marry the new him! :laugh: His whole outlook on life has changed and he says now he has more motivation than ever before to work on his professional and personal goals.
    When I got home last night, he had done an extensive amount of housework. Monday night he cooked dinner! He even clipped the freaking dogs' toenails!!! All on his own! All without me even saying anything to him about doing any of it! :noway: I'm sure this may be a bit of a "honeymoon" type of phase, but I'm going to enjoy it. :laugh:

Someone who hasn't seen him in about 4 months saw him yesterday & then asked me later what I had "done" to him. :laugh: He could tell he had lost weight & asked if he had been working out. Said he barely recognized him. :smile:
    And he's actually trying to lose weight & get healthy which is something I soooo wanted for him (for his own sake, not mine. Not that I mind him becoming incredibly *drool* buff again :tongue:). I see him making consious healthy decisions now. This is the guy who would sit on the couch and eat cake while he watched me run 7 months ago! :laugh: I'm just really proud of him for taking so much initiative and for caring so much about our future. :love: Ugh, I'm such a girl.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I forgot to share my moment from my spin class last night. There was a girl there with her friend (She had a guest pass). She was probably in her 20's and maybe weighed 130 pounds...the class absoutely killed her. It was very clear she was struggling. Everytime she had to stop to take a breath she would look back at me and give me this look like "Are you freaking kidding me!?" I just wanted to be like "Yeah, that's right. Fat girl is showing you how it's done!" Really goes to show that just because you are smaller doesn't mean you are in better shape. I think she looked at me and giving me those looks about 40 times throughout the hour long class. Made me laugh everytime. :laugh:

LOVE IT!!!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Jess - THat is hillarious about the girl giving you looks...

Littlspy - YAY on being at your lowest weight...booo on the water retention...hopefully it will go away soon and you will be even lower :smile:

Chris - Yay to you on being 197, hopefully TOM won't ruin it all

For me ...yay...I am finally seeing the scale moving some. I was 278 this morning...2 lbs so far from friday..not sure i am going to hit my 275 memorial day goal but I am going to give it my best shot

I am not working out a lunch i think i decided because I am going to water aerobics class tonight. I am not wearing my hrm in the pool though. I know it says it is water resistent/proof. Hubby is afreaid that the clorine my eat at the seals...so i am just estimating through mfp today...it says 60 min of water aerobics is like 500+ cals so i will take that...not likely i will eat all my exericse cals or anything thought.

So proud of hubby, he got up and went to the 5:45 spin class this morning...he is really liking these spin classes, he is gone to 3 now (in 1 week), i am going to have me a buff hubby in no time...his ring better not get to big (they can't resize the type he has) or i will have to buy him a new one since i want everyone to know he is mine...hehehehe.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    lilDebbie-Is this your first water aerbocis class?! Sounds like you will have yourself a bufffffff hubby soon!! Keep up your hard work, it's paying off! Definitely give your memorial day goal your best shot. You could totally get there. Just gotta be very disiplined till then!

LittleSpy-You girly girl you! :tongue: Just kidding! Glad to hear your fiancee is helping out more and coming around! You fell in love with the other man and you are loving the new and improved one, that's great! :drinker:

I figured you girls would enjoy my story. I really didn't want to toot my own horn but she was making it so clearly obvious that she was sturggling and was baffeled that I wasn't. LIttle did she know that I was but I wasn't going to show it because I KNEW she was watching. I showed her! :blushing:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies...

another busy day in Colorado here. This week is stupid busy (if there is such a thing)

put my workout off this morning to get a client in early... after I was ready for work and eating some breakfast (leaving in like 20 mins) he texted me to let me know an emergency came up... so my day is off to a wacky start. Would have LOVEd to have gotten my workout in this morning.. now I am looking at my lunch hour and I am the WORST for motivation at that time of day. Send me some positive thoughts.

My new balance shoes arrived in the mail and I LOVE them.. I feel like Tiger the tiger all bouncy. I did not realize how much my old shoes were wore out! (I will still keep them for the yard work though)

We got replacement phones last night from verizon (we have the env touch) any way.. I am trying to get all my stuff back in the new one. Who knew it was going to take me so long. It amazes me how my kids had theirs set up in a matter of a few minutes. They were like mom... why are you doing it the hard way. Those teenagers are so joyous... (well sometimes not)

Well... I had better get going.. need to get a few chores done around here before I head to work.

TTYL
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling much better today - less drippy and not as much sneezing. My flight got in at 12:45 a.m. last night and since there's not a lot of traffic at that time, it only took like 15-20 minutes to get home, which was a great treat to get in bed just a little after 1.

Checking in from yesterday:
    Calories: OVER! 1714 eek...sodium was over too. Oh well...
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise: None...
    Proud: NOT eating the burger/fries. That meal was like 1800 calories, so when I saw that, I knew that it wouldn't be worth the indulgance.

Jess - LOVE your story from spinning. :-)
    Littlespy and Cris - congrats on hitting those low weights!!
    LilDeb - enjoy the water aerobics class. When I've taken them before, I've really enjoyed them because it feels like you are just playing in the pool!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Jess: Have you tried chocolate soy milk? I know a few people who really like it as an alternative to cow's milk. I love your story about the skinny girl in spin class not being able to keep up. Yay for you!

KDub: Congrats on your new department chair position!

Raider: Congrats on being under your calories yesterday. That's a huge accomplishment.

Jesyka: I loved Tae Bo when it first came out years and years ago. Unfortunately my copy is on VHS and I haven't replaced it because any videos that say the workouts are an hour long scare me! That's the only reason I haven't purchased P90X!

Spy: I'm so glad to hear that your finace (almost typed boyfriend!) is getting healthy and losing weight with you. That's so awesome and wonderful for your future together.

lildebbie: Yay for your husband enjoying his spin classes. Look at what a great role model you're being for your family!!

Cris and Spy: I realized we're all about neck and neck here on our weights now, so it looks like it's a race to the 180s!

Last night, I spent 1.5 hours trying to catch my brat of a horse but had to give up because I was just getting mad and was afraid I'd be too harsh with her if I did catch her, so I just left. I just don't know what to do about her! At least I had a lot of walking! I'm counting that as exercise, even though I'm not entering any calorie burn from it since I have no idea where to even estimate them at.

After chasing the horse, I about had a meltdown from being mad at my horse to come home and find that we couldn't get channel 11 to come in on the TV for biggest loser!! Ahhh! After an hour of fiddling with the TV and trying different things, we finally got it going so I could watch the second half of the show. I'll have to catch up on the first half next week once it gets posted online. Grr. Next week for the finale, I'll be at the bf's house and he has cable so there shouldn't be any annoying issues like yesterday.

Cris: Who would you rather see in the top 3? Koli or Daris?

Watching the BL contestants run a marathon, it gave me the motivation to get on that treadmill and do W9D2 of C25k. Yeah, it takes me forever to get through things, I know! Anyway, I told myself I couldn't look at the treadmill display until I'd listened to 10 songs on the iPod, figuring most songs average about 3 minutes in length. Well, I cheated and peaked halfway through song 9 and saw that I had already met the 30 minutes. I was still feeling strong, so I continued so that I had 40 minutes of jogging. My total was 3.1 miles, but that included the 5 minutes walking warmup. Not too shabby, though! I'm planning on graduating from C25k on Friday....finally. Oh, and the workout burned 652 calories, so I met the 600 calorie challenge for the day!!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: under by 447
    Sodium: 6200 for the day....WAY over (beans and brats, what can I say?)
    Water: 32 oz.
    Exercise: Chasing horse and C25K
    Proud: That I owned the C25k workout even though I hadn't run in 2-3 weeks!
  • KDubMommy
    KDubMommy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Jess - I totally loved your gym spin class story! I have similar story...my husband decided to try to do a workout with me and my personal trainer. My husband is 5'11, 29 inch wasit & 135lbs soaking wet. You would think he would be in better shape than me. We had to try this workout 2 weeks in a row because the first time he only lasted about 10 minutes because he didn't eat lunch that day & almost passed out have 50 push-ups & 50 lunges :-) Last week he survived the workout but had to switch to lower weights than even I was using & he was so tight he re aggravated his whiplash injury :-)

Checking from yesterday :-)
    Calories: 1388 - only had like a 100 of my exercise calories :-)
    Water : made my 64 ounces :-) I am going to try to work up to more over the summer :-)
    Exercise: elliptical, killer crunches & cardio weight lifting all with my trainer - I told her I wanted to be 5 lbs down in 2 weeks so she worked me hard
    Burn: according to MFP, 588 calories

Will check in later but not until I have edited close to 40 research papers written by my 6th graders...majorly PAINFUL reading!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Will check in later but not until I have edited close to 40 research papers written by my 6th graders...majorly PAINFUL reading!

Oh KDub...bless your patience. Reading research papers by 12th graders was paintful for me, I can only imagine 6th grade papers. Best of luck!!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Heather.. not sure where you watch your tv online.. but normally on Hulu it is posted by the next day. You might want to take a look there a little later today.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Jess - Yes this is my 1st water aerobics class...i went to like 1 class like 10 years ago but , this is the 1st time at the gym. My father in law (like 65) has been doing only water aerobics and has lose like 50 lbs since the 1st of the September i think, and he was only like 230 or so to start out with. To me i feel like i am overestimating cals burned since it does seem like to me playing but i will go with it...not like i have been over my cals with it our anything.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Heather-I was totally thinking the same thing when I was watching it about the marathon. I asked my roommate if she would do it and she looked at me and said "nope but it's sure making me want a twinki"...this show has the opposite effect on her. So after watching that I'm stoked to hit the gym today to finish up week 7. I wanted to be done by the end of May but I don't think that's happening. I'm not going to lie after your night I probably would of broke down too. Sorry you had a rough night!

LilDebbie-Let me know how you like the class! I loved them when I did it!

KDubMommy-WoW!! That's a lot of research papers! I love the story about your husband. That must of made you feel good!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Jeskya: Great job on the “tea bo” I know it’s hardcore. I tired (two years ago) Billy blank boot camp and could not do more than 5 minutes..and I think it was the warm up..ya that bad. I want to give it a try again but he terrifies me:huh: :noway:

Cris: crossing my fingers and hoping Onderland sticks around for Friday and beyond!

Kdub: Congrats to your new position @ work! And good luck reading all those research paper:smile:

Raider: yay for being Under your calories and working out on the elliptical. You go girl!!

Jess: your story about the skinny chick cracked me up. It reminded me when I was working out with my sister and she was all huffing and puffing and I was moving like it was nobody’s business..some skinny chick has nothing on us..work out wise :wink:

Litdeb: You are having a huge impact on your family being healthy. You go girl!:flowerforyou:

Litspy: love your story too…What a man, What a man, What a mighty mighty good man...:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Caloradogirl: sending my positive vibes your way..good luck with your workout @ lunch:smile:

Elmox: WELCOME BACK!! Sorry to hear you were all runny, drippy, and sneezing allergies suck…mine are really bad this year. I hope you get better soon :-)

Heather: WAY TO GO ON YOUR RUNNING. That is why I love Biggest loser for all the motivation it instill in us. And you meet the 600 burned challenge:flowerforyou:

As for me, I worked my *kitten* today..sweated up a storm and off to go take my shower. I met the 600 calories burned challenge, for the second day in a row.

also, I am happy to report i might actually see a loss this friday..even though i gain almost 5 pounds over the weekend. Hard work does pay off.

Check back later!
    have a great day girls:heart:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    COgirl: Thanks for the heads up on Hulu. I think I tried that one, but only hours after the show aired, so I apparently didn't give it enough time. I'll take a look tonight if I have time.

Pos_Me: As scary as Billy Blanks is, his son is flamboyant and reminds me of a younger Joey Lawrence. I was flipping through TV on Demand one night and found a workout video called "Cardioke" where you sing and exercise at the same time...they even play the song lyrics on the bottom of the screen. Anyway, the instructor was Billy Blanks' son and we'll say I was surprised to find out he had a wife (an actual female wife)! The workout didn't get my heart rate up very high, but it was fun and a bit like line dancing.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    **sigh**

My son had his 18 month check up this morning (he's healthy!) and it was scheduled at 11am. We didnt get to daycare until almost 1! Anyway, I am finally at work and got to posts

raider- congrats on the 2lbs loss! thats so exciting! I hope it sticks!

jess- OMG I was cracking up at the spin class story! I can only imagine the look you were giving back :laugh: :wink:

heather- I would love to have a race to the 180's but I think you are like at what 191? lol not fair! But GAME ON! JLB (and whoever else is in the 190's) are you in?! As far as the biggest loser I was like, ok...as long as koli and darius are on top I dont care if ashley or michael go home...uhm yea...so I am totally torn on who I would keep. I think they both work super hard..they both have amazing stories...Im more inclined to vote for Darius since I remember what it felt like to miss out on my youth because of being fat and it makes me feel bad for him....but still Koli worked sooo hard...still torn

Heather (contd)- the carioke cracked me up, now I am going to go look for it! :laugh: :laugh: Good luck finishing up c25k

I was supposed to finish c25k this month with Jess but it looks like we are a tad behind. I'm headed to the gym after work to complete w7d3 (so are you right jess?)

cogirl- get your butt to the gym girl!

Back later,

Cris
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    POS Me-Good job on working your booty off today! You will start seeing those results you have been oh so patiently waiting for! I love yoru persistance.

Cris-Yes my plan is to put week 7 to bed TONIGHT!! After watching last night I am so motivated! I want to go and run and just own it. I downloaded some more peppy tunes. Hope it works!

I have to share my proud lunch moment. I am craving fajitas soooooo bad!! So I went to OTB got fajitas with just veggies and no sauce or any of the fancy stuff they have anymore and brought it back to the bank to eat. I was fighting with myself on to eat the tortillas or not. I decided I didn't have will power to let them stare me in the face so I brought them out to my co workers and told them to get rid of 'em. I was pretty proud of myself. And now I'm stuffed!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    PS- The results for the BL at the gym still isnt up! its driving me crazy!! I did realize though that if I do somehow win 1st place I will win $100! So I can still get my under 200 massage that I promised my self! I hope I win I hope I win...the waiting is killing me!
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hey girls. I've fallen off the waggon apparently, and though I'm trying my best to log calories, the switch from office to home has been especially tough. I'm not getting in as much exercise as I need. It seems eveytime I turn around theres an opporitunity to splurge. I went up back into the 230's but now I'm back at 229.2. Ugh. I'm so demotivated and tired. NOt that I'd stop trying but its just taxing.

It also doesnt help that i pulled my hamstrings treading water in the pool the other day for about an hour. I didnt know I could injure myself like this, they've hurt bad for 3 days. I'm about to go soak it in some epsom salt and a muscle relax mineral/herb blend in the bathtub and try stretching them out gently. Has anyone else pulled their hammies? Today is gym day, what exercises should I avoid? How do you get them to feel better? I read somewhere that it would take me up to 3 weeks to rest them and I shouldnt exercise...Ugh.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Cris: Count me out on the race to the 180s. I really hope that doesn't come across as condescending because I absolutely don't mean it that way! I just know if I start trying to have huge deficits again I'm going to be exactly where I was in February which is plateauing & then gaining weight instead of losing. I mean, I honestly think I'm still losing somewhat slowly because I'm not eating *enough* so the last thing I want to do is to motivate myself with the idea of a "race" & try to lose weight quickly because that's going to naturally make me want to eat less and exercise more which is NOT what *I* need to do to lose weight. :smile:

I'm okay with it taking me another year or so to lose 40-50 more pounds.