Over 200 New Year New Me Part 19

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Cris -- I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! You really deserved to win!! So glad you get to have your massage now!!

Jess -- ROCK ON with your C25K! You're awesome!

Lildeb -- Great job with water aerobics! I bet that's going to be awesome exercise that is going to be really easy on your joints! You're going to feel so amazing! I'm really impressed with your dedication to going to the gym.

Raider -- yes sweet potato fries are amazing! I never even want to make white potato fries anymore. I'm trying something new with sweet potatoes tomorrow night for dinner -- sweet potato enchiladas! Sounded weird to me at first until I started imagining the flavor combination and now I can hardly wait! (even if it is going to sabotage Friday's weigh-in with all that sodium in the enchilada sauce & cheese. Oh well, I just can't wait until Friday night to try it since I've already been waiting all week. lol)

Bluenote -- Girl, I've got all the time you need to get down to 180. With the pace I'm going, you'll probably beat me there. :laugh: If not, I'll be coming to Over 200 even when I'm well under 200. :smile:

Awestfall -- I'm glad you've found a happy balance that is working for you!

Calories: 1482 (goal 1484!)
    Exercise 35 minute walk at lunch
    Water: 13 cups right now. Will probably have 2 more before bed
    Proud: I went outside for a walk at lunch even though it was a little too warm outside and I forgot my headphones for the 2nd day in a row. Oh well -- no excuse, woman. The deal is, if I'm too sleepy to get up early to work out, I have to walk for at least 30 minutes at lunch no matter what.
    Challenge: Yeah, epic fail. I read the challenge at 2am. I absolutely have to get up by 7.45 for work (and that's actually 15 minutes too late, so I learned this morning. :laugh: Still beat my supervisor to work and that's all that matters, right? :wink:).

I've decided I'm going to treat myself to my very first pedicure for making my birthday goal which I'm nearly positive is going to happen tomorrow. :happy: I want to wear nothing but sandals at the beach with my (hehe) hubby!
    My ring came today and I *love* it. But it's too big. :sad: I guess I was retaining water when I was sized and on top of that, I think the ring may run big. We're taking it in to the store this weekend to see if it's best to exchange it for the next size down or to get a ring cozy thing & just resize it later when my weight is stable . They're not made in half sizes and I didn't want to have it resized right off the bat because I know it's something I'll have to do when I get near my goal weight. Oh well -- we'll see.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Check in -

Cals - 1670
    Water - not that good today, 36 oz
    Exercise - 1 hr water aerobics class (mfp says 466 cals)
    Proud - That i finally got to move down to the 260 mark on the gym scale...even though i had to move the little one all the way
  • lildebbie
    Options

Lildeb -- Great job with water aerobics! I bet that's going to be awesome exercise that is going to be really easy on your joints! You're going to feel so amazing! I'm really impressed with your dedication to going to the gym.

julie -my knee hardly hurt at all in the pool , i am going to try to go at least 2x a week...well not this week cause they aren't having one...Thanks you :smile: for the compliment...I am trying super hard!!!

glad you got your ring, sorry it is too big...hopefully they will let you exchange it.

hubby is getting upset cause he is busting his butt at the gym doing cycling classes and not seeing the scale budge at all...i have lost like 2 1/2 lbs now since we started and he is barely loosing anything...HOpefully he will start kicking in and loosing weight...i bet he will he is just impatient like me :smile:

Good night all ...off to my full night of rest
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Little Spy
    I just needed to say that I am so impressed and a little jealous of the swift action marriage plan.....:smokin: :smokin:
    One month after being engaged we hadn't even begun to contemplate a date or a location. We just booked our date (5 months after proposal). Good for you and nice bonus that you have a better man than last week :laugh:
    The beach house sounds dreamy and I hope that works out for you.:flowerforyou:

Mari - sorry you got injured, it sounds pretty awful. You could be like me this week and hardly exercise at all :laugh: Well, that's not entirely true but the rest of the ladies on the thread have me beat by a mile. I'll guess that if you really watch your food you will be fine resting those legs for a few weeks. Better to heal properly :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Check in for today:
    Calories - 1120
    water - 90oz
    exercise - a little walking
    proud of my new routine:
    3 days per week sugar free + low cals/low exercise,
    2 days mid range cals/mid exercise,
    2 days high cals/high exercise.
    I'm on day 2 out of 3 sugar free/low cals and I really want some CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!! I can wait until Friday I can wait until Friday......
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    LOL I love all of your comments and stories! I need to allocate more time to this so that I can actually comment on specific things!! LOL!!!

Anyway...just checking in:
    cals - just under w/o exercise cals
    exercise - 30 day shred day 8 (and I ran my tail off at work all day long!!)
    water...my goal was to double water today...more like cut it in half LOL...oops!! Had my water right by me at work too but I was too busy running from one side of the office to the other over and over and OVER again! LOL!! :) Tomorrow is a new day!
    Proud of - hmmmm I don't really know what to put for this one today!!!! Ohhh! I don't know why I did it but when I started getting ready for bed I got this crazy urge to do jumping jacks!! LOL so I did jumping jacks for a few minutes - I think I am beginning to REALLY love exercise (I have always liked how I felt after and even during, but motivation to get started has been an issue!) IDK, it was a funny moment for me!

;)

Night all!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Happy Thursday gals...I am sooo ready for Friday to get here...more like 4;30 ON FRIDAY:laugh: :laugh:

I was happy and frustrated at my scale this morning...It is soo inconsistent it drives me nuts. I mean i know weight fluctuates, but like a lbs back and forth within minutes...anyway that said...This morning i was anywhere from 276.4 - 277.4, any of those are awesome so i will take it...Even if i take the average of 277....that is 3 lbs since friday...woohoo...I am soo excited.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Good Morning girls!

Cris – I am so happy for you. I knew you won but did want to say anything because maybe I would jinks it. You worked so hard so you deserve a message and some ;-)

Litdeb: Congrats on burning all those calories in water aerobics’ class.

Bluenote: way to go girl on losing 2 of the 5 pounds.

Jess: You killed week 7!!! You owned it!

Awestfall: I am glad you found what works for you, and yea it does suck that a man can lose weight faster than a woman..But it seems you are on the right track, calorie wise and you are doing awesome!

Julie: congrats for the ring again. Is the ring falling off your finger? If so, I would send it back for a smaller size. Good luck with that girl :-)

Raiderape: I love sweet potato fries..they are the best.

Velvet: welcome to the group!!!

Openheaven: Way to go on 30 day shred. I did that dvd about month ago and couldn’t pass level one, plus I wasn’t doing it every single day. Maybe when I lose more weight I can finish the program in 30 days. Great job girl on those jumping jacks!

I will be back when I finish inputting my food for today.

Have a great day girls!!!
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Happy Thursday gals...I am sooo ready for Friday to get here...more like 4;30 ON FRIDAY:laugh: :laugh:

I was happy and frustrated at my scale this morning...It is soo inconsistent it drives me nuts. I mean i know weight fluctuates, but like a lbs back and forth within minutes...anyway that said...This morning i was anywhere from 276.4 - 277.4, any of those are awesome so i will take it...Even if i take the average of 277....that is 3 lbs since friday...woohoo...I am soo excited.

LItdeb: it happens to a lot of scales, so don't let if frustrate you. You know you worked really hard so it how you feel inside that counts. hopefully the number you're looking for will be seened by friday, so you can celebrate your accomplishment :-)
  • lildebbie
    Options
    just my vent for the morning then i will be off to work...YOu know i am a little annoyed at the advertising on MFP...yeah the loose weight fast, generic advertising i am okay with (even those girls who lost all the weight looke preggers),...but Whataburger (my favorite) and hostess ads...come on is that really necessary.. I am sitting here trying to loose weight logging in my calories, do i really want to see a whataburger or hostess add...come on.. I know it is what keeps MFP free...okay i am done...off to work now.
  • lildebbie
    Options

LItdeb: it happens to a lot of scales, so don't let if frustrate you. You know you worked really hard so it how you feel inside that counts. hopefully the number you're looking for will be seened by friday, so you can celebrate your accomplishment :-)

Thanks :smile: wish they would just understand my obessivness with the scale and stay to what i want it to :laugh: Even at 277 that is 3 lbs and not fringing on back to 280's so as long as i stay here i am perfectly fine with it :smile: of course if it wasnts to go down further I will take that too!!!
  • Positively_Me
    Options

Check in for today:
    Calories - 1120
    water - 90oz
    exercise - a little walking
    proud of my new routine:
    3 days per week sugar free + low cals/low exercise,
    2 days mid range cals/mid exercise,
    2 days high cals/high exercise.
    I'm on day 2 out of 3 sugar free/low cals and I really want some CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!! I can wait until Friday I can wait until Friday......

MeokkL Hang in girl Friday is just around the corner :flowerforyou:
    I am doing something similar to what your are doing, calorie wise. I am doing the zig/zag calorie thing. the day's i workout a lot i eat some of my calories, and the day's i am somewhat working out i stay with in calorie range of 1200..
    so my schedule usually looks like one day high, one day low - back and forth for 7 days. I think it's helping me lose weigh. I can't wait for friday too...
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Cris - CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so proud of you!!

We'll call yesterday a wash, A, "let's forget about that and move on" kind of day. Husband was invited to a beer release party and REALLY wanted me to go with him. Even though I knew it was not a good idea for me MFP-wise, I knew that my hubby needed me to come with him. And I was an ACTIVE participant!! I had 3 beers, 2 tacos, and 3 tortillas with cheese. I logged in today and whoo - am I over. But, that's OK. My husband and I had a great time and today is a new day. Picking up and moving on.

Checking in from yesterday:
    Cals: OVER....2588!!! WHOOPS!
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: Big fat goose egg....I'm so proud of Jess and LilDeb, you all are rocking the exercise!!
    Proud: That I decided to put my husband first. This can be a selfish journey and it was important to him that I go with him last night and really enjoy myself. He has mentioned how much fun he has last night about 3 times, so I know it was worth it. Plus, I had a great time!!

Back on the wagon again today - focusing on water (LOTS of sodium last night!), eating my calories (only!), and going to an outdoor yoga class in Bryant Park tonight with friends.

Hope you all have a great day!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Elmo - sounds like a good time last night...who knows maybe you shocked your metabolism and it will work out in your favor :smile:
  • velvetechos
    velvetechos Posts: 234
    Options
    Lildebbie - LOL I haven't seen those Hostess or Whataburger ads yet...but I've only been here 2 days..right now I've got a Cheerios and a Joint Juice ad, I guess those aren't too bad :)

Doing my check in for yesterday:

120oz water
    1,414 calories
    25min of exercise - Crunch: Fat Burning Pilates DVD (nearly completed it, but not quite - it was my first attempt at that workout since before pregnancy though (last time I'd done it was 2/2009! Back then I was able to complete it, so hopefully soon!)
    I am proud of myself, haha. No really, for taking the initiative and deciding that there is no reason not to do this! I kept telling myself "well, it's impossible, I have a little baby and no time to take care of myself" but honestly - that's even more reason! If I don't take care of myself, how will I properly take care of her?

I am really loving the reports feature of this site. I checked my sodium for the past two days, and calcium, and discovered that I'm getting about twice as much sodium and half as much calcium as I should be. Time to make some adjustments :)

Happy Friday everyone!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Lildeb -- I bet you're getting those Whataburger ads because you go to restaurant websites to check their nutrition information. Google Ads tracks your activity & puts ads relative to the websites you've recently visited. Since I've visited so many jewelry sites lately, I'm getting a ton of Zales ads mixed in with the usual weight loss ads. :laugh: I've noticed if I go check a restaurant's nutrition, I'll get more food ads. If I look at clothes, I get more clothing ads, etc.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    raiderape-OMG I LOVE sweet potatoes fries! These girls got me hooked on them here. I now make them at home. So yummy! Finding a workout routine is hard. Not to mention when you have to keep changing it up to keep your body guessing. Make that a goal for you this week.

lildebbie-Congrats on your water aerobics class! It looks easy but it's not. It will give you a great workout that's so easy on your joints. That's what I was doing when I first started. Once I lost 10-20 pounds I was able to do more cardio like the elliptical.

LittleSpy-Sooo excited you got your ring!!! Enjoy your first ever pedicure! I love getting a pedi when my legs are sore from running, feels soo good!

Meokk-Friday is ALMOST here!! 1 more day for chocolate! I admire your discipline with your new changes!

elmox-A beer release party!? That sounds like FUN!!! Glad you had a good time. Today is a new day! Things like last night are bound to happen, it's life!

I'm going to another spin class tonight...wonder if that girl will be there again!! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    The scale was good this morning. 198.2, so I met my birthday goal! Woot! That's 3 pounds down from May 7th (I was up last week) which makes me soooo happy. Ladies -- I'm FINALLY losing what I should be losing based on the calorie deficits I'm creating!! That makes an entire month of it! I have a normal metabolism again!

I hope to lose an average of 1.5 pounds a week for about 25 more pounds (about 4 months) and then 1 pound a week from there for about 25 pounds and then half a pound from then on down until I'm happy. At this rate, I think I'll be at an ultimate goal weight this time next year. I think it's going to be 140-something size 6. :happy: I'm pretty much ecstatic from here on out tough. It's awesome being the smallest I've ever been.

Funny and embarrassing bragging story. Last night I was lying in bed and my fiance got in bed and completely straight-faced seriously said "You have a NICE BUTT!" :laugh: :blushing:
    I mean, he's said that all silly before but this time he said it in a way that made me feel like he was completely and utterly trying to convince me that my rump was the most awesome thing in the world. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Cris- YAY!!! Congratulations you kicked some serious butt in 8 weeks my dear :happy: :flowerforyou:

Velvet- Welcome:flowerforyou: Is there a way you can incorporate your little one into your workout routine? There are a few different things that you can do while using your baby as a weight so you can maximize your workout time while still holding her :laugh:

Jess-Way to go on hitting your calorie burn :happy: As for the Tae Bo, I'm quite uncoordinated, and I have the worst balance, its not a pretty sight but I'm sticking to it and thanking god that I'm only embarrassing myself at home and not in a class for it:laugh:

Raiderape-We practically live off of sweet potato fries here lol. I don't think I even remember what a normal potato fry tastes like:laugh:

Julie-That's awesome that you got your ring, sorry that it doesn't fit though. I think having it resized as little as possible is best. I think it actually makes it weaker in the spot that it was "taken in" so doing it more than once isn't a good idea and you'll definitely need it done when you hit your goal :happy: Hopefully they've got a solution for ya that can be applied right away so you don't have to wait to have that ring on your hand :laugh:

Meokk-Don't feel bad, I got engaged last June and then set a date for this November, then we found out that we were expecting our daughter a week later:laugh: So needless to say we have no date and we've been engaged almost a year.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Good Morning Girls,

I have been MIA for a couple of weeks. I have been posting what I eat but NOT checking in. I was feeling rather blah. Meokk and Jess thanks so much for missing me and checking in on me it meant a lot. I am feeling so much better even though TOM has arrived I have lost over 4 pounds since last Sunday. Hopefully it sticks. I think a lot of it was Pre TOM weight. I tend to hold my water before and as soon as I start it drops off. I am feeling pretty good about my loss though.

CONGRATS Julie, I am so happy for you and you bf.

Mari, hope you feel better soon.

Welcome all newcomers.

Gotta go and run the kiddies to school.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Julie - Congrats!!! on reaching your birthday goal. Funny about the ads, i was on applebees site last week looking at calories, haven't been to much others..but i bet that is what did it :smile: it needs to stop, because my abosolute favs fries are whataburger fries..yummy..but not going to do it :laugh:

That is funny about your rump :smile: I was getting dressed this morning (not as flattering as a nice but) but he said your stomach looks smaller...

size 6 ...i can't wait to see you in a size 6 :smile: I think i was a size 6 like in 5th grade or something.

Momma - Glad to see you...i was getting worried about you..

I think i am definetly going back to water aerobics , but i can't go for another week :sad: the class on sat is cancelled and monday i have to take my daughter to counseling so can't go again till wednesday next wee.

Going to do my lunch time workout today...i wish i had like a 1 1/2 hr - 2 hr lunch, i could be soo much more productive :smile: