Over 200 New Year New Me Part 19

Options

Replies

• HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    So I got to work and popped my trunk... no laptop. Seems my DH took it into the house yesterday and forgot to mention it. ARGH! So I just took the day off and drove the hour back home. My father in law was here watching TV in our family room - the cable guy had just hooked up our TV and programed the remote so it works with our TV (nice!). George was happy with Bonanza! He asked me if I'd ever seen it before (since we didn't have cable). I was like "yeah - I watched Bonanza reruns when I was a little kid." Oh my. Cutting edge entertainment that is!

****TMI TIM WARNING WARNING TMI TMI WARNING WARNING****

After his favorite shows were over we took him upstairs to see his room. He sat on the bed and said it looked nice. Then I noticed his pants getting dark around the crotch... yep... pee'd himself! Ken asked him if he had to use the restroom and George looked down at his lap and said "no - I just leak a little". If he hadn't been sitting on the pretty new bed it would have been more funny. :ohwell: He then launched into a discussion about how he never was circumcised and that "that part" keeps growing and now it hangs down a FEW INCHES past the end of his penis and causes him to "dribble". So. There you have it. the life of a 92 year old man. We'll talk to the doctor about that one and keep talking until we figure out a treatment!!! (I think I may just try to convince him to become Jewish?!?) In the mean time we're having a diaper discussion!

>>TMI COMPLETE IT IS NOW SAFE TO CONTINUE READING<<

I got the call from HR today and I start my new role on June 7th! I'll stop being a "Senior IT Auditor" and start being a "Senior IT Secuirty Analyst" thank you very much!!! I am so relieved! And it's so nice KNOWING what is going on!!!

Chris - I think your plan sounds fabulous!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    mstahl-That is so great to hear that you have an official start date!!! :drinker: You desreve it! You have been waiting so patiently! Sounds like you do need to have a discssion with George's dr! Good luck getting it all under control. You are a strong woman. I admire you!

Heather-So glad you are back! We missed you!! Sounds like you had a blast! I wouldn't sweat the 5 pound gain. I had one too! It took me about 5 days to drop but I'm back at pre vacation weight. Welcome to our 600 calorie burn challenge! That does sound pretty nasty about your co worker.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    mstahl -- Congratulations on the new job!! Woohoo!! And whenever someone types a warning of "TMI" to follow, I don't proceed cautiously at all -- I want to read it even more! Is that wrong? :laugh:

Heather -- So glad you had fun on your road trip! You & Jess are making me want to take one. I'm taking a short on July 31st or August 1st to see my best friend who lives near DC. We're going to see Gogol Bordello, woot! But the road trip won't be so much fun because I'll be by myself unless one of the 2 people who have expressed interest in going with me actually comes along (I kind of hope they don't because picking them up would turn the 7 hour drive into an 8.5 hour drive).
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Mstahl- I hope that having George stay with you goes well :smile: You all sound like you deserve a break in what life's been dealing out:flowerforyou:

Julie-Inset diamonds are the best choice! I really wish I had listened to my gut instinct when I got my engagement ring because when it comes time for you bringing a baby home [hehe] you won't mangle the poor thing with diamonds and points sticking off your ring like I've come close to doing:grumble:

Miranda-You sound like you're doing fabulous at the gym!! Good luck with the BL contest :smile:

LilDeb- I say when you get that ring back on your finger [comfortably] that you and your hubby should celebrate by going out somewhere together [I almost said going out to dinner..I really need to stop looking at food as a way to celebrate:grumble: :ohwell: ] I'd start looking into what you'd want to do now though, cause that ring is going to slip on your little finger before you know it!! Also, It's kind of a horrible thing to say but I sometimes wish my fiance and I weighed the same, he's 7inches taller than me and 10lbs under my GOAL weight:ohwell: :embarassed:

Cris-I have a feeling you'll win out in the battle of the wedding planning! Men realize in the end that it's best to just make us happy [not sure they really even care about the actual wedding in itself so much as the cost time/financial wise and the whole after sense of being husband and wife :ohwell: ] Good luck with your BL final weigh in!!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Jesyka - Thanks :Smile: Hopefully i can wear it soon. I have been bad about my water from the beginning...but i am making a huge effort now to drink it, maybe that will help with my fingers some.

I am soo glad my hubby is soo on gear with us both loosing weight, if he was eating crap and not doing anything i know it would be soo hard for me...We both want to do great..he has a shorter way to go but i am sure when i still have 50-60 to go and he is at his goal he will be there right by my side.

mstahl - WTG on the start date !!! I agree with littlespy with a TMI warning...i keep reading too !!!!!

I think i decided to start the water aerobics class wednesday (or at least try it out), i feel like i already typed this but can't remember if it was here or to hubby in email...my head is fuzzy..you know being monday and all :smile:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    mstahl- congrats on the job!!! As for your FIL...boy are you patient!

jesyka- I have cut my lil one up pretty bad with my ring, so sad..thanks for the good luck wishes!

heather- WE REALLY DID MISS YOU! Welcome back!

jlb- I live in Baltimore, if you are coming to DC you better at least wave!!:wink:
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    biggest is what i call my second stomach (like a cow i gueess :sad:) it is like the pooch below my waist right now that is bigger than my hips, so i can get stuff over my hips and my but (which aren't small) and fits on the waist by my 2nd stomach is enhibiting them on fitting....
    My trainer and the other girl my age in my BL group were laughing at me last Thursday, because we were talking about the final weights and measurements, and I said, "Well, I haven't lost as much weight as I had hoped but I'll be interested to see the inches... I know I have lost inches because my upper gut doesn't stick out further than my boobs now." :laugh: :blushing:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    biggest is what i call my second stomach (like a cow i gueess :sad:) it is like the pooch below my waist right now that is bigger than my hips, so i can get stuff over my hips and my but (which aren't small) and fits on the waist by my 2nd stomach is enhibiting them on fitting....
    My trainer and the other girl my age in my BL group were laughing at me last Thursday, because we were talking about the final weights and measurements, and I said, "Well, I haven't lost as much weight as I had hoped but I'll be interested to see the inches... I know I have lost inches because my upper gut doesn't stick out further than my boobs now." :laugh: :blushing:

It's a great feeling isn't it!?
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just went back and read loads of stuff I missed last week.

Bluenote - hope your show was a big success and so proud of all your hard work, 2 legged stairs every day :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Mstahl - CONGRATS on the new job,:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: finally they got their act together, HR can suck it !!!!! (no offense LittleSpy :bigsmile: )

LittleDebbie - thanks for posting the photos, you can really tell the difference, :heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker: especially in your stomach, it looks MUCH smaller, I wish I would lose more in that area :ohwell:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    awestfall - congrats on the Harper workout! Doesn't it feel great to know you've come so far? :happy:
    mstahl - I think you are so kind for making George feel comfortable. You are a great person. :heart: I had to giggle at the TMI penis story - I worked as a geriatric nurses aide through college and oy, the stories I could tell! Bless you for your patience and tenderness. And congrats on the start date! :flowerforyou:
    litspy - talk away about your engagement! I think it is wonderful! I love hearing excited girls talk about their future. :flowerforyou:
    miranda - great improvements on your running! Good job! :flowerforyou:
    lildeb - that wedding ring will fit SOON! Keep on keepin' on! :wink:
    cris - look at you go at that stadium! I am in awe that you did not cave at the goodies there. A huge downfall for me! :tongue: Good luck at your final weigh-in tomorrow! I am rooting for ya! :flowerforyou: ROFL at your .2 loss in the bathroom!
    meokk - glad you're back, but since I just came back myself from a week's hiatus I didn't know you were gone! :laugh: But I am glad you're back! Vegas sounds like fun!
    pos_me - you and me both on the no snacking this week! Last week was a horror movie gone wrong with the cheetos. :angry:
    elmox - not awful at all! Be proud of your endurance and healthy body! Way to go! :flowerforyou:
    jess - Congrats on the compliment! I know it made you feel great! I'm with you, too, on the butt and thighs issue. More the butt, though. And the stomach. And the second stomach below the stomach (like lildeb's! LOL). And.. :wink:
    heather - I guess you, meokk and I were gone at the same time! Welcome back! :flowerforyou:

The email went over well and my brother apologized for his idiotic ways. :tongue: I am glad because I love my brothers very much and I hate being angry at them.
    I'm going to weigh in tomorrow. I usually do on Tuesdays and then again on Fridays. I have a feeling it will not be pretty, but I am still going to face the music. I do know that my pants that used to be skin tight are loose now! I wore them today and it felt great to be able to bend over and not hear "RRRRRRRiiiiiiiiipppppppppp"! :laugh:

check in:

cals: back on track, thank goodness
    water: 90
    exercise: 50 bike, arms, PT exercises
    proud: That I went right back to my healthy lifestyle today! :bigsmile:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Good evening/afternoon gals!

Doing a quick check in, not sure if i will long on later.

Have a great evening girl!

Check in:
    Calories: under, but it fine i was over over the weekend
    Exercise: week3d1 + 20minutes walking
    water:10 cups

proud: i didnt give myself treat "rewards" for staying under calories
    fiber: 25
    sodium: way under

challenge 600: not today. But i made it half way to 600...if that counts. Tomorrow through friday i will hit 600 calories burn
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

Mstahl - CONGRATS on the new job,:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: finally they got their act together, HR can suck it !!!!! (no offense LittleSpy :bigsmile: )

I'm not offended, because I hate my job. :laugh: But I would imagine the hold up was with either the hiring manager/department, reorganization, or funding. :wink: HR is just the puppet.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Quick check in before a movie night with my momma and sissy.

Calories: 1264, lots of exercise leftover
    Water: 88 oz
    Exercise: 1 hour spinning class = 640 cals
    Proud: That I did that spinning class and hung in there with women who have been spinning for about a year. Also, I had a MAJOR McDonald's craving today, but I quickly dismissed it. Not worth it! I also went to the grocery store, walked around and realized that I didn't really need anything and anything I bought wouldn't be the healthy treat it should be. So I walked out empty-handed.

Quick things before the movie starts-
    Mstahl - congrats on the new job!
    Bluenote - hooray for reconciliation with your brother. Sorry I didn't have time to make it to the show this weekend. I love me some live theather!

And I'm being called from the basement for movie time!
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Bluenote-So glad that you and your brother worked things out and that he apologized:smile:

POS- Halfway definitely counts, MUCH better than nothing:laugh:

Checking in-

Calories-1228-Barely touched my exercise cals :happy:
    Exercise-60 mins of Tae Bo burning 927cals!! So far starting the week off right!
    Water-72oz and counting
    Proud- That I made it a priority to stick by my healthier life style and that I followed through with it:bigsmile: My first day of burning 700cals and I did that and then some Thank you Tae Bo :laugh:
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    Julie - Talk all you want about your wedding. I love wedding talk. After planning our wedding my husband swore up and down I was going to become a wedding planner. I :heart: :heart: :heart: LOVED planning it. Maybe that is why I am so good at planning parties. :happy:

awestfal - Great Job on the workout.

mstahl - CONGRATS on the new job!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Good Luck with George. You are a great person to help with him.

bluenote - That is great that you your pants are getting looser!

elmox - Great Job on "showing up" your mom and sis! I know it felt AWESOME!!

Cris - Good luck at your BL weigh in tomorrow!! I know you can do it.

Checking in:
    Calories: Over but only by 140
    Water: 120 or so by the end of the night
    Exercise 15 mins on break
    Proud: Of not going out to eat for lunch today. I stayed in and ate what I brought!

Talk to you all tomorrow! Hope you all have a great night!! :flowerforyou:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm laying in bed but I HAD to sign in and tell you guys.... I just weighed myself before bed and lo and behold the scale said 199.2...onederland is so beautiful!!!!

Exciting as it is I am not really counting it unless it sticks for the Friday weigh in since I didn't eat or drink much today it's likely dehydration but ooooo I'm so close I'm so hitting it this week! Yay!!!!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm laying in bed but I HAD to sign in and tell you guys.... I just weighed myself before bed and lo and behold the scale said 199.2...onederland is so beautiful!!!!

Exciting as it is I am not really counting it unless it sticks for the Friday weigh in since I didn't eat or drink much today it's likely dehydration but ooooo I'm so close I'm so hitting it this week! Yay!!!!

Cris that's awesome :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: ondederland AND you are going to be so low in the am for your weigh in (just don't accidentally brush your teeth :laugh: :laugh: )

Checking in for the past few days....
    Sat & Sun - Calories = high but under exercise with loads of walking and dancing.
    Water = OK, lower than normal but still around 70-80 ounces
    Proud - that I danced the night away and didn't feel out of breath even once. Not so proud of the food I ate, was under cals but BAD choices, Vegas is a hard place to eat right.

Today -
    Calories - 1450
    Water - 90oz
    Proud that I am now regularly able to fit into most size 14s and most 16 are looking too baggy

I'm going to zig zag again this week, past 3 days were mid-high cal, next 3 days will be low cal, no sugar, no refined carbs.

night all :flowerforyou:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Meeokk - Thanks for the kind words on my pics :smile: I think it does look a little smaller but got so much of it

chris - WTG on onderland :smile: :smile: :smile: I hope it sticks for you and you are under 200 for that weigh in in the morning.

So i have been eating (or what i thought eating) thought i was going to be good on cals...but still sitting at 1000, i guess i will be eating some more tonight before i check in.
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Holy cow you girls were busy today! We were gone all day in boulder, co at my step daughters graduation. Wow.. hard to believe she finished High school.. God I feel old. Any way.. did not eat well at all today.. To make a long story short.. I was over on my calories by about 200. I guess it could have been worse.. but tomorrow will be better!

I am headed to bed now.. I will check in tomorrow!

calories.. over
    Water.. under
    exercise.. not enough (did get some walking and little yard work)
    Proud.. I am holding myself accountable and making good changes!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good evening all!! I must get my booty in bed ASAP so this will be short!

Cals - under
    Water - better than normal :)
    Exercise - day 6 of 30 day shred complete!!
    Proud of - resisting the CONSTANT temptations at work LOL it is ridiculous how much junk food is there and it is a VERY VERY high stress work environment (which is probably why so many people bring treats so often and why our managers feel the need to keep a candy cabinet stocked full of candy bars and a jelly belly canister full of sugar at all times, AND frozen treats in the freezer AND they insist on buying pizza for the office about once a week AND they bring doughnuts in every chance they can). Good grief!!! No wonder these people think I am strange walking around with my green smoothies and kale chips!!!!

Have a wonderful night ladies!! Keep up the amazing work! You are ALL doing so well!!