Over 200 New Year New Me Part 19

Options

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    KDub, I have had 4 babies!!! I was petite with the first one, but not the last 3. I was over 200 pounds! I gained depending on the pregnancy 18-22 pounds. Every single time I have lost it by the time I went to my 6 week check up. I actually lost it by the time the babies were a couple of weeks old. You just have to gain a smaller amount. Enough for the baby, placenta, some blood and water. It will all flush away real quick. With my bigger babies I lost almost all of the weight the day I gave birth. You could not tell by looking at me that I had just had a baby the week after I had my oldest. Probably because I only gained 18 pounds with her and was already smaller. But even when I was "over 200" and preggers I lost it quick because I did not gain that much. It will be fine!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I tried them on at some local botique that was in a shopping center. They have them at all department stores and Target and Walmart too. Pretty much everywhere.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Jess- OMG I can just imagine you trying to get that thing on ROFL :laugh:

JLB- I want a digital kitchen too...sounds nice :laugh: :tongue:

Ok so I was bored at work like you all already know..then Bobby showed up with the baby and then my dad got to work (I work for my father) and we all decided to go to Applebee's for lunch. I was totally ok with it because I was like yay I get to try the under 500 meal (was planning on the steak with roasted pot and veggie)...yea well. Remember how I said I was in a cook out mood? Ended up having a cheeseburger with fries...ugh here is the damage done:

calories- 1250
    sodium- 2030 (OUCH!)
    carbs- 98mg
    fat- 71g
    proteing 53g
    fiber- 5

I was considering not going to the gym today because of my blsiters but eff that, I gotta go burn at least 600-700 calories so I can have some kind of dinner....why oh why do I do this to myself?!:noway: :explode:

edited- so many typos..must be all the grease in my brain
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Jess- OMG I can just imagine you trying to get that thing on ROFL :laugh:

JLB- I want a digital kitchen too...sounds nice :laugh: :tongue:

Ok so I was bored at work like you all already know..then Bobby showed up with the baby and then my dad got to work (I work for my father) and we all decided to go to Applebee's for lunch. I was totally ok with it because I was like yay I get to try the under 500 meal (was planning on the steak with roasted pot and veggie)...yea well. Remember how I said I was in a cook out mood? Ended up having a cheeseburger with fries...ugh here is the damage done:

calories- 1250
    sodium- 2030 (OUCH!)
    carbs- 98mg
    fat- 71g
    proteing 53g
    fiber- 5

I was considering not going to the gym today because of my blsiters but eff that, I gotta go burn at least 600-700 calories so I can have some kind of dinner....why oh why do I do this to myself?!:noway: :explode:

edited- so many typos..must be all the grease in my brain

At least it had some good protein! :laugh:
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    Jess - That is sooo funny. I have heard about them but have never tried one on. I am sure I would have all kinds of problems getting it on too.

Momma - I have a Taylor digital scale but it uses a lithium battery too. I have started using it more often and LOVE it! Good luck on finding your scale.

Cris - Those things happen with having an urge for something and then getting it instead of the healthier option. Hopefully you can burn a lot on the bike at the gym since it is hard to run with your blisters.

I enjoyed all of the pregnancy stories. I have definitely been worried about the weight issue since we trying. It made me feel so much better to hear that it really is possible to get pregnant while being over weight. Hopefully the fertility pills work soon.

Okay time for lunch!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Where did you find one to try it on? Now I'm curious! :laugh:

I'm about to go to another eye Dr. appt and it's at a mall, so I bet I can find one at Belk (which is sadly, I think the only department store at the mall I'm going to. Years ago, I think Verizon was planning to buy the mall to expand their call center location & all the major stores bailed.. then apparently they decided against it... so it's the weirdest emptiest mall ever with a Lenscrafters, Belk, TGIFridays, Barnes & Noble, Gymboree, and Bath & Body Works. :laugh: And then a whooooooooollllllleeeeeee lot of empty space. So bizarre. There I go including way too much detail)

littlespy - I wore one of these for the wedding I went to last weekend - I got spanx brand and the ones that are like shorts that come all the way up right under your bra line. That's the way to go to avoid waistline muffin top nightmares.
    Got mine at Bloomingdales and you can try them on. I ended up with the medium size so try a few sizes. The large just didn't suck me in enough and they stretch out over time too.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Where did you find one to try it on? Now I'm curious! :laugh:

I'm about to go to another eye Dr. appt and it's at a mall, so I bet I can find one at Belk (which is sadly, I think the only department store at the mall I'm going to. Years ago, I think Verizon was planning to buy the mall to expand their call center location & all the major stores bailed.. then apparently they decided against it... so it's the weirdest emptiest mall ever with a Lenscrafters, Belk, TGIFridays, Barnes & Noble, Gymboree, and Bath & Body Works. :laugh: And then a whooooooooollllllleeeeeee lot of empty space. So bizarre. There I go including way too much detail)

littlespy - I wore one of these for the wedding I went to last weekend - I got spanx brand and the ones that are like shorts that come all the way up right under your bra line. That's the way to go to avoid waistline muffin top nightmares.
    Got mine at Bloomingdales and you can try them on. I ended up with the medium size so try a few sizes. The large just didn't suck me in enough and they stretch out over time too.

I agree. Go with the full body suite to avoid muffin top. The ones last night even had straps to go over your shoulders. It was intense! It's like full body armour! Big girl panties!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    OMG I forgot to share my funny moment of last night with you ladies! So the dress I bought is a very clingy material but actually looks really good on, minus my belly pooch due to the belt. But the belt helps accent my smaller waist line. Anyways! My roommate brought me one of those...well I call them big girl panties to try on...as previously mentioned I'm not girly, I don't do pantie hose and all that jazz. Anyways...this was one of those full body armour things that are supposed to slim ya down...getting this on was a process for me! OMG!! I skiped my workout but I don't think it was needed after putting that on!! :laugh: I was laughing so hard trying to put it on I kept falling down. She was sitting outside just yelling going "what's the problem in there!?" was pretty funny. So needles to say, I sweat my *kitten* off trying to get that darn thing on....but it definitely took the pooch away! :laugh: :laugh: Happy Friday!!

OMG with You (jess) and Julie both have me ROTFL. It has made my day with your stories. My day began boring with clean house( before the weekend) laundry ( wash/fold/ and put away), steam iron hubbys shirts, and mop the entire downstairs ( all word/caramic tiles/marble tiles) all 4 rooms...but coming on and checking the status of what the lates converstation could/would be...You girls had me laughing and my son is wondering what is going on...weird momma i bet he is saying..LOL

Julie: thanks for the nice comment on my precious children...That picture was taken last October. I am planning to take a recent on soon.. and upload it. I have to remember why i am doing this...to be a healthier mommy.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Cris - awww..its okay..I do that sometimes too go to applebees getting a ww or under 500 then i go the opposite :smile: I was craving a burger last time i went, so i went for a cheeseburger but got a salad instead of fries...still was about 1000 cals but i felt good eating the salad and not fries, whether it was less cals really i don't know but at least that is what i told my self :smile:

I am soo not in the mood for work today...i want 4:30 to get here like NOW. Hubby is bringing home dinner they went out at lunch to this place that does like family style chicken..i was like fried chicken, he said they had fried chicken but it is smoked chick so i guess that is okay, not my choice but it is free...so we are going to eat then head up to the gym...i can't wait...why is is that out of everything to do on a friday night the one thing i can't wait to do is go work out at the gym !!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    POS Me-I'm so glad I could make your day! I wish there would've been a video camera. I could of won a prize dancing around that fitting room! :laugh:

LilDebbie-OMG it sounds like your husband went to Babe's!! Is that where he went!? I think there's one in your area, Frisco or something. Man...don't I sound like a fat kid!? :laugh:

Edit:

Cris-That burger sounds yummy!! I bet you enjoyed it to the fullest! I'm going to be bad and not workout today though. My friend is supposed to have her baby today gonna go see her. I figure I will get plenty of exercise tomorrow on that 15 inflatable water slide!!
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    LilDeb - I bet the smoked chicken will be better for you than the fried chicken. Now it's free food and "healthier"!

My spanx-like device has a bra attached, so there's no potential for muffintop or having it roll down under my bra. I really like the ones with the bras attached (admittedly, it's not the most supportive thing) because it makes me feel super sleek!

Cris - no worries on your lunch. Get to the gym and sweat all the sodium out! I also love that Jess looked on the brightside with the protein!

I have been running to the bathroom non-stop today. I'm pretty sure if I weighed in now I would at least be that 0.8 down if not more! :laugh: I had an iced coffee this morning...perhaps I'll have to remember that for future weigh-in days!

Ugh, back to work on this gorgeous day...
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like doing my W3d3 workout. I have been working all day and now i don't feel like getting up to do my workout. I did have a really big lunch too ( Cris: we were thinking burger and fries sounds good..because it's nice and warm (weather wise) it's been misrable these past couple of days cold and rainy)...now i feel so sick. I did burn a lot of calories cleaning, but now i feel so guilty eating a big meal. And I feel so tired, lazy, and want ot go to sleep.

I will rest now and see if i can do my workout later (crossing my finger and hoping i ca nget out of this chair)
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    POS Me-You have a beautiful family!! What a great picture!!

Elmox-I didn't try on one with the bra (Don't think they make THOSE in my size!!) :laugh: but the one I had did have straps so I felt super sleek. So I know what y mean! Greatness!

I'm full blown stalker mode todays....I'm soooo bored!!

I totally tried to put a positive spin on Cris lunch!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    POS Me-You have a beautiful family!! What a great picture!!

Elmox-I didn't try on one with the bra (Don't think they make THOSE in my size!!) :laugh: but the one I had did have straps so I felt super sleek. So I know what y mean! Greatness!

I'm full blown stalker mode todays....I'm soooo bored!!

I totally tried to put a positive spin on Cris lunch!

Jess, if you ever find one of those all in ones that fits big boobs, please let me know, I would love to have the bra built in but even when they fit me down the bottom, there is no way I'm squeezing into the top, without all sorts of unsightly bulges :laugh: :laugh: I did find some good new bras lately though. Victoria's secret no less, which I usually despise. fave one was called "body by victoria lined demi"
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Now I want some spanx. I bet I can't afford them though. So sad too bad!!! I just can't get myself to spend money for me. I always feel so guilty. I may save up for it. With 4 kids running around I feel terrible doing something for me. They ALWAYS need something. Boys are the worse. My son gets new shoes and they look old in a week. someone tell me it is okay to get spanx!!!! I want to look sleek in my clothes.:laugh: :laugh:

raiderape, don't worry I am sure the fertility pill will help. But watch out!!! It always seems once that first baby comes the second comes right away. My mom tried for 3 years to get preggers with me. When she finally did she got preg with my bro about 5 months after I was born. :laugh: :laugh: I am pretty sure she did not plan that one even if she won't admit it. Just relax and I will be praying for you. Good luck!!!!:flowerforyou:

I know you all love this so here it goes

******************************TMI Alert*****************************************

I have increased my fiber intake soooooooooooooooooo much and this last week I have been going 2-3 times a day(normally 1x a day) and I lost over 4 pounds just counting my calories and exercising or keeping active pretty much every day. And I am talking taking walks, yard work, and some wall pushups some arm exercises. No real over heated exercise just basic simple stuff.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Momma-Hey whatever works for you right!? :bigsmile: As far as the spanx..I buy the ones from Target, they were $20. It's okay to get a pair! They really do slim ya down. Maybe I will take a with and without pic with my dress just to show ya. And it's totally worth it to spend your money on yourself from time to time!:flowerforyou: You are wonderful. You deserve it!

Meokk-I will let you know if I ever find it. I'm sure I wont ever find one to fit me and my busty self! I can't even buy bras in "normal" stores. It's all online shopping for me! :explode:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Whew, I finally have a minute to comment!

CW: 191.4, which means 0% but I lost the five pounds I gained over the weekend so I'm pretty happy with that.

Pos_Me: Thanks for the heads-up on the clearance sports bras at Kohl's. I have a $10 giftcard to spend, so it looks like I'll have to see what they have this weekend.

Cris: You can totally be at 190 by your anniversary. You're not far away!

Bluenote: We love ya and we'll be around for you. Trust me, I'll need to stay on MFP to keep track of calories long after I reach my goals. I'm not good at the eating part yet!

Elmox: I think it's awesome that your hubby is a beer geek. My boyfriend and I are as well. The braggot beer sounds similar to Leinenkugel's Honeyweiss which is delicious!

Julie: If I saw you wandering around in your sundress, I would think you were headed to a dance recital. Now all you need to do is add the theatrical makeup and you're set to dance! I'm also a huge fan of cheap plastic sunglasses, preferably costing $10 or less per pair.

Anyone know the Brad Paisley song "She's Everything?" Well, it's me...I have a Saturn with a sunroof and I look good in cheap sunglasses!

Jess: Thanks for sharing your body shaper story. I have a few of them that I wear for special occasions, but I never seem to have trouble with them. Did yours come with the directions saying you should roll the garment so it's small, step into it and roll it on? It really helps!

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: under by 535
    sodium: over by 1074
    Water: 16 oz.
    Exercise: Walking at volunteer work.
    Proud: That my boyfriend and I had a good discussion about how terrible we are at communicating when it comes to "serious" things. Long story, but my being upset about something was the catalyst for what turned from an argument to a nice discussion.

Only an hour left before I get to go home and get ready for the horse races. I've never been to the races before, so it should be fun learning to bet on horses while drinking some beer. There's also live music! Woo hoo. I'll make up for any bad food/beverage choices tomorrow!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Heather-I did not read the directions. My roommate was trying to explain it to me. I just couldn't grasp that concept! I did it again when I got home last night and it wasn't AS bad. You gotta get the hang of it. Have fun at the horsey races! I love going and betting! The big book they give you overwhelms me. I pick horses based on names!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Now I want some spanx. I bet I can't afford them though. So sad too bad!!! I just can't get myself to spend money for me. I always feel so guilty. I may save up for it. With 4 kids running around I feel terrible doing something for me. They ALWAYS need something. Boys are the worse. My son gets new shoes and they look old in a week. someone tell me it is okay to get spanx!!!! I want to look sleek in my clothes.:laugh: :laugh:

raiderape, don't worry I am sure the fertility pill will help. But watch out!!! It always seems once that first baby comes the second comes right away. My mom tried for 3 years to get preggers with me. When she finally did she got preg with my bro about 5 months after I was born. :laugh: :laugh: I am pretty sure she did not plan that one even if she won't admit it. Just relax and I will be praying for you. Good luck!!!!:flowerforyou:

I know you all love this so here it goes

******************************TMI Alert*****************************************

I have increased my fiber intake soooooooooooooooooo much and this last week I have been going 2-3 times a day(normally 1x a day) and I lost over 4 pounds just counting my calories and exercising or keeping active pretty much every day. And I am talking taking walks, yard work, and some wall pushups some arm exercises. No real over heated exercise just basic simple stuff.
    Momma I know how you feel when you feel guilty for buying something for yourself when you have children that need things too.I feel guilty all the time if I pick up something I like at the store and then before I leave I end up placing it back on the rack because I will tell myself I don't need it or we don't have enough for me to get myself something.But you should really try to do something nice for yourself every once in a while.(I know I should take my own advice) And I will as soon as I lose a bit more weight I may just go buy myself a bikini to wear at the beach.Not saying I will be a supermodel in it but I am getting used to the idea of the way I look in one LOL.SO JUST GO FOR IT!! Buy the Spanx!! I particularly had a bad experience with them I ripped them the first day I got them and I bought them from Lane Bryant and spent $40 dollars on then and had one heck of a time getting in them.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Momma- you totally deserve to splurge on yourself! You do so much for your family that Im sure that if they knew you were going without for them they'd be pretty mad! Do it for them :wink: :laugh:

I dont know what is wrong with me but I am def going back to my old ways..I am sitting here drinking a miller lite as we speak (type?)...couldnt help it. its so hot out and im just in a blah dont want to do anything mood.....gonna sip my drink and watch tv instead of the gym...remind me of this when im whining about a gain on monday ok?!

heather- LOVE Brad! He's so cute and his songs are either so sweet or hilarious...alcohol is one of my faves (as i take another sip) and his semi-new one i thought i loved you then...love it! reminds me of my fiance :love: