Juicing VS eating Vegetables - THE REAL TRUTH!

Options
123457»

Replies

• LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    But the indigestible fiber helps me poop. And I like to poop.

Me too. I also like to chew.

lmao - thats brilliant
  • ReenieBelle
    ReenieBelle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Really good point!
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    And I thought this was a juicing vs. blending post......definitely a fan of blending.....I got a NuutriBullet for my birthday last year and am loving it......it's sooooo much easier to clean than the juicer I was borrowing lol......Not to mention, yes, all the fiber stays intact! Keeps me full til lunch....
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    There has been a lot of debate - juicing or eating veggies?

JUICING ALL THE WAY! Here is why: A big difference between juiced vegetables and whole vegetables is digestion. According to the Living and Raw Foods website, juicing removes the indigestible fiber that is present in vegetables. Much more of the nutrients are then absorbed by the body as compared to eating the whole vegetable.

I have been keeping up with this blog - http://bit.ly/17q7oWo
    It explains various natural supplements, juicing recipes, benefits of certain foods, etc.
    I came across their blog on a Twitter posting from my friend; very interesting articles. Their product line is actually one of the best 'all natural' Ive came across in a while.

What is your opinion? Do you prefer juicing or eating your veggies?!

Bonjour.jpg
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Old thread is old.
  • ReenieBelle
    ReenieBelle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel your hate Coach and totally understand!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    But the indigestible fiber helps me poop. And I like to poop.

LOL
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,545 Member
    Options
    I know bottled juice isn't the same as home made but after I heard a study about how easy it is to eat 6 oranges if your drinking the juice vs chocking down 6 oranges we stopped giving them juice.

Yeah, and many people seem to think since fruit is "healthy", you can eat as much of it as you want. Which might be true if you are eating whole fruit (who eats 6 oranges in one sitting?), with juicing it adds up!

Still, drinking your fruits and veggies is still better than taking a multivitamin. I had a roommate that hated fruit, so she'd drink 100% fruit juice everyday, in moderation.

My normal body weight husband drinks around 16oz of OJ daily. Other than that the only fruit he consumes in 5-6 banana a week and as for vegetables... he will eat them if they come with dinner, and they do, and occasionally carrots.

I hate him sometimes. :laugh:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Old thread is old.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't have a juicer. But I do have teeth. So think I'll stick to good old fashioned eating
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I don't have a juicer. But I do have teeth. So think I'll stick to good old fashioned eating

Only time I blend up food is veggies for my protein shake post workout. Other than that eat food will always be better than anything else, supplements, juicing, etc.