PSA: Any diet that prohibits certain foods is a bad diet.

Options
14567810»

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Jonny & Reddy, your steadfast dedication to continuing to argue the same point day in and day out is commendable. This never gets old.

QFT. :drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Sweeping generalizations are a bad idea. Food allergy or intollerances can make prohibiting certain foods life saving.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Jonny & Reddy, your steadfast dedication to continuing to argue the same point day in and day out is commendable. This never gets old.

I think they should just kiss and get it over with...
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Whew, sorry I'm late guys, traffic was a b!tch. In!

Where we at? Milk-death, McDonaldeath?
    you missed the first part of this food versus that food, now we are at level 3 elimination by defamation and personal attacks..
    you did remember popcorn didnt you, you know im on that popcorn diet, dont tell me you forgot.. how could you..
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Funny, I was just thinking that we should make out...
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

we did at one point. jonny friended me, and it was great for a time... but then he left me...

really broke my heart.

there. now you know why we fight. we're just two jilted ex lovers and this is the closest I can get to finding that passion again. :blushing:
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I also eat all the food.

To those who feel so inclined to point it out or if it not obvious, if you need a chaser of epi pen, please don't eat that food.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    This.

It's like watching someone argue with their reflection in a mirror.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I also eat all the food.

To those who feel so inclined to point it out or if it not obvious, if you need a chaser of epi pen, please don't eat that food.

Or, if you think the OP meant "you have to eat things you are allergic to." ... well ... Would you like a peanut butter sandwich? I brought an extra.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Considering that I'm at risk for diabetes because of my weight and the fact it runs in my family, I'm pretty sure it's a good idea for me to avoid foods that are really high in sugar and/or carbs....I like my diet, but more acurately it should be called a "life style change."

Sure, there are things I can't eat, but I don't miss it, and I'm rather enjoying my weight loss and how much better I've been feeling. I'll trade sweets and bread for a better figure and feeling better any day :laugh:

I won't condemn whatever your eating philosophy is though - whatever works for you OP.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

SO IN!!!!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    But oh so common here, why is that? What is it about hungry people that make them so mean and willing to wield shame and guilt as a weapon against others?
    you saying I'm hungry? i eat like... 3-4,000 cal a day. :tongue:

In general. I don't know you from Adam.

You did slip my question though. ;)
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    who are you to say what is and isn't a bad diet?

A person of reasonable intelligence.

ah.

you eat mcdonalds and other fast food every single day, you've been trying to lose 20 pounds for over 2 years, and you seem to believe you somehow have the authority to determine what is and isn't healthy for everyone on MFP?

I'd also like to point out that the majority of folks who are jumping in to agree with you are significantly far from reaching their goals.

just. saying.

This is awfully close to body shaming. I don't think this is appropriate.

something about horseshoes and hand grenades...

i get called orthorexic, scrawny, little, skinny, etc all the time. such is life on MFP

don't forget puny. you should add that to your list.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Considering that I'm at risk for diabetes because of my weight and the fact it runs in my family, I'm pretty sure it's a good idea for me to avoid foods that are really high in sugar and/or carbs....I like my diet, but more acurately it should be called a "life style change."

Sure, there are things I can't eat, but I don't miss it, and I'm rather enjoying my weight loss and how much better I've been feeling. I'll trade sweets and bread for a better figure and feeling better any day :laugh:

I won't condemn whatever your eating philosophy is though - whatever works for you OP.

This would be the medical condition clause that a lot of people posted about earlier.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

SO IN!!!!

Isn't that the point of making out, to get in?
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

we did at one point. jonny friended me, and it was great for a time... but then he left me...

really broke my heart.

there. now you know why we fight. we're just two jilted ex lovers and this is the closest I can get to finding that passion again. :blushing:

Half-and-Half-black-white.jpg
  • millions0fpeaches
    millions0fpeaches Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Also, the people who are comparing fad diets that prohibit certain foods to medical conditions should probably just go ahead and eat whatever might kill them. Do us all a favor.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the point of making out, to get in?

doofy-8.jpg
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.