PSA: Any diet that prohibits certain foods is a bad diet.

Options

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Beating the dead horse again, are we? Why are you so offended by the notion that some people don't want to eat EVERY food available on this planet?

Not eating a food because you don't want to/are allergic to it is very different from not eating foods you WANT to eat because some diet expert told you not to.

That's what this is about. Denying yourself foods that you want, because some "diet plan" says you have to, is bad.

That's a HUGELY important distinction you just made! I DO eat the foods I want, when I want them. I just WANT to eat "clean" foods more often than not!

I don't WANT to eat gluten 95% of the time. I don't WANT to eat dairy 95% of the time.

if you're cutting something out you enjoy, then obviously that's not a good idea. but that's why your inflammatory, blanket statement of a post that you made just to start a ****storm was ill conceived in the first place. If you cut things out of your diet, and you FEEL BETTER for having done so, and thus enjoy life without them, tell me how that's a bad diet.

please.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    from the day we're born we start dying, ain't no way out & no going back

so, do what you want to do, drink what you want to drink and eat what you want to eat,

in moderation :glasses:

aka, don't do what you want, or eat what you want, or drink what you want. because if it was what you wanted, you wouldn't have to limit it.

It's dinner time here in the UK, I want a beer before my dinner so I'm going to have one; doesn't mean I want 20 :glasses:

If you do find yourself wanting 20, consider a bottle of whisky. It's more efficient.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Really you want argue over the fact his ticker isn't facing the right way for you to understand it, despite the big zero pounds to go right in front of you? Which clearly show's he has reached his goal.

*pat on head

Have fun with that.

clearly he hasn't, if he's trying to gain weight.

Have fun with working on your reading comprehension. *pats on head*

lol the gaining weight is for funzies. like i said, my health markers kick *kitten*.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Beating the dead horse again, are we? Why are you so offended by the notion that some people don't want to eat EVERY food available on this planet?

Not eating a food because you don't want to/are allergic to it is very different from not eating foods you WANT to eat because some diet expert told you not to.

That's what this is about. Denying yourself foods that you want, because some "diet plan" says you have to, is bad.

That's a HUGELY important distinction you just made! I DO eat the foods I want, when I want them. I just WANT to eat "clean" foods more often than not!

I don't WANT to eat gluten 95% of the time. I don't WANT to eat dairy 95% of the time.

if you're cutting something out you enjoy, then obviously that's not a good idea. but that's why your inflammatory, blanket statement of a post that you made just to start a ****storm was ill conceived in the first place. If you cut things out of your diet, and you FEEL BETTER for having done so, and thus enjoy life without them, tell me how that's a bad diet.

please.

Ill-conceived? Or perfectly planned?
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    who are you to say what is and isn't a bad diet?

A person of reasonable intelligence.

ah.

you eat mcdonalds and other fast food every single day, you've been trying to lose 20 pounds for over 2 years, and you seem to believe you somehow have the authority to determine what is and isn't healthy for everyone on MFP?

I'd also like to point out that the majority of folks who are jumping in to agree with you are significantly far from reaching their goals.

just. saying.

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!
  • CoachReddy
    Options

please.

that too. :laugh:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Gluttony is a great fault; but we do not necessarily dislike a glutton. We only dislike the glutton when he becomes a gourmet...that is, we only dislike him when he not only wants the best for himself, but knows what is best for other people.
    GK Chesterton quotes

"Our fear of hypocrisy is forcing us to live in a world where gluttons are fine, so long as they champion gluttony."
    Jonah Goldberg

“Everything in this room is edible. Even I'm edible. But, that would be called canibalism. It is looked down upon in most societies.”
    ― Tim Burton, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

“Am I tough? Am I strong? Am I hard-core? Absolutely.
    Did I whimper with pathetic delight when I sank my teeth into my hot fried-chicken sandwich? You betcha.”
    ― James Patterson

“He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.”
    ― Socrates

Gluttony is not a secret vice.
    Orson Welles
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options

please.

Exactly!
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

:laugh: :drinker:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

please.

It didn't start a ****storm. The comments in this thread have been almost universally supportive of the idea. And the only people who disagreed are the ones who intentionally misunderstood the OP.

Again: if a "diet plan" tells you that you're not allowed to eat certain foods, it is a bad diet.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbzxt23X8c1r3zat8.jpg

A large number of people on this thread

For reals.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options

please.

It didn't start a ****storm. The comments in this thread have been almost universally supportive of the idea. And the only people who disagreed are the ones who intentionally misunderstood the OP.

Again: if a "diet plan" tells you that you're not allowed to eat certain foods, it is a bad diet.

In the same breath, a diet plan that tells you to eat everything you want whenever you want is a bad diet plan. The entire point of everything is to moderate yourself, and do what makes you feel better. Aka, you saying that someone doing paleo or whatever diet they want to do is bad, then you're just as wrong as they are.

Why does everyone have to be so mean?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    In the same breath, a diet plan that tells you to eat everything you want whenever you want is a bad diet plan. The entire point of everything is to moderate yourself, and do what makes you feel better. Aka, you saying that someone doing paleo or whatever diet they want to do is bad, then you're just as wrong as they are.

Why does everyone have to be so mean?

"Eat everything you want whenever you want" sounds like a pretty bad diet plan, yeah.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

moreover, why should people eat foods that make them ill?

seems to me there are plenty of reasons for people not to eat certain foods.

^^^^THIS^^^ Thanks, Coach.
  • ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbzxt23X8c1r3zat8.jpg

A large number of people on this thread

This :laugh:
  • CoachReddy
    Options

please.

*sigh*

you didn't say "diet plan", you said "diet" which are two different things in real life.

had you said "diet plan" i'd have agreed with you, but you enjoy starting posts that roll and start flame wars... so... i guess, well done?
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

that too. :laugh:

Hook line and sinker every time. : )

fishing.gif
  • 19andneverthesame
    Options
    I don't think that's even mildly true, everyone focuses on calories and not on adequate nutrition. Bread isn't good for you, candy isn't good for you, red meats aren't that great for you. There are a lot of health benefits to cutting unhealthy foods. I WANT hot Cheetos, but they make me feel terrible there's not redeemable value in eating a lot of processed foods. There's nothing wrong with cutting the bad habits, and you're lying to yourself if you're not willing to do the research and tell yourself that it's healthy when it isn't.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

So then, you are saying that many obesity researchers are not "of reasonable intelligence"??:noway:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

ah.

you eat mcdonalds and other fast food every single day, you've been trying to lose 20 pounds for over 2 years, and you seem to believe you somehow have the authority to determine what is and isn't healthy for everyone on MFP?

I'd also like to point out that the majority of folks who are jumping in to agree with you are significantly far from reaching their goals.

just. saying.

This is awfully close to body shaming. I don't think this is appropriate.
This discussion has been closed.