ways to annoy a fitness person

Options

Replies

• rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Log calories burned by washing dishes and cleaning your house.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    One of the best:

Point to trainer while talking to someone and say : "Don't listen to that person."

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Ask my what my "secret" is, and when I tell you "diet and exercise", look crestfallen and quickly change the subject.

I swear some people would rather hear "I got into meth" than even consider the concept of self-control and hard work. *kitten*.
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Inform you (when you've just done two and a half hours' kickboxing training and you've just got in, tired and hungry) that there isn't any dinner because there's no point exercising if you're going to eat afterwards, you need to wait until the morning before you can have a high sugar snack bar.

That'll be an ex boyfriend, by the way.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    Complain how you are fat and then say ...'oh well'. That gets my goat so bad. :explode:
  • jeets888
    jeets888 Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Running or walking on a threadmill while holding the sidebars .... i just cant understand this
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Ask why the muscles on one arm are bigger than the other arm - :laugh:
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

It's pretty annoying when people don't understand, genuinely or not, that muscle weighs more than fat.

Also, people telling you not to get too skinny gets old, especially when you haven't lost any weight in ages.

Second part - wholeheartedly agree.

First - am I missing something? 5lb of muscle and 5lb of fat will both say exactly the same thing if placed on a scale, yes? Volume and density aside, of course.

By that logic, wouldn't everything in existence pretty much weigh the same?

A pound is a pound
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

It's pretty annoying when people don't understand, genuinely or not, that muscle weighs more than fat.

Also, people telling you not to get too skinny gets old, especially when you haven't lost any weight in ages.

First - am I missing something? 5lb of muscle and 5lb of fat will both say exactly the same thing if placed on a scale, yes? Volume and density aside, of course.

When somebody says "muscle weighs more than fat" they are probably assuming constant volume, though they aren't explicitly saying it. If they then suggest measuring inches, they are explicitly referring to the difference in volume.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Ask my what my "secret" is, and when I tell you "diet and exercise", look crestfallen and quickly change the subject.

I swear some people would rather hear "I got into meth" than even consider the concept of self-control and hard work. *kitten*.

I tell 'em "I eat bacon every morning."
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I'd add my response to this but I'm too upset
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Walk on the treadmill at 2.0 for nearly two hours while playing on your phone the whole time.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Stand still on an elevator....NO HANG ON I HAVE ANNOYED MYSELF!!!

Do you mean escalator?

:laugh:
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Invite them to your "It Works!" Body Wrap party and explain that they will lose inches in an hour!!
    Or.. show off your 3 month Body-By-Vi "results"

^^^This^^^ x 1000!
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

When somebody says "muscle weighs more than fat" they are probably assuming constant volume, though they aren't explicitly saying it. If they then suggest measuring inches, they are explicitly referring to the difference in volume.

Exactly. I understand that what people really mean is that muscle is more dense than fat. However, what they're saying is that if their measurements remain constant, but the variable is fat v. muscle, they weigh more if the muscle to fat content ratio is high. Because that is difficult to explain/convey, it is simply easier for people to say, "Muscle weighs more than fat" with volume constant implied.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Inform you (when you've just done two and a half hours' kickboxing training and you've just got in, tired and hungry) that there isn't any dinner because there's no point exercising if you're going to eat afterwards, you need to wait until the morning before you can have a high sugar snack bar.

That'll be an ex boyfriend, by the way.

I hope you throat punched him.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Running or walking on a threadmill while holding the sidebars .... i just cant understand this

I have to do this, sorry! Bad knees. :tongue:
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Tell them all about how your slim shake/miracle pill/only eat red things on Thursday/goats blood diet is way more effective than their 'eat well and exercise' plan

"Something something shake weight/ab roller/fat magnets"

best comment
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Protein makes you fat

Lifting makes you bulky

Avocados are bad for you.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    People who think they need to teach you something when you don't GAF.