ways to annoy a fitness person

Options

Replies

• Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    What annoys me the most is when I have been eating healthy and working out and my husband says "lets just eat crap today and then you can go back to your 'diet' tomorrow." Its called a lifestyle change for a reason. Its for life...not just for one day! Do you go to a vegetarian and say "its ok to just eat meat today...its just for one day!" Hell no you don't! Then why on God's green earth would you do it to me?!?!
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    61053190508956e2a73cf8cbdc925736.jpg?itok=4vu9yIyD
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Offer to spot them and then proceed to talk on your cell phone or someone behind you.
  • BlackDaisy85
    BlackDaisy85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I dont like getting checked out or verbally encouraged because its my private time
  • BigDaddyD72
    BigDaddyD72 Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    walk in the gym with a half shirt, belly sticking out, carrying a box of donuts and yelling, "What's up *****es"?
  • FitWithWit44
    FitWithWit44 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Screen-shot-2013-12-13-at-3.13.34-PM.png
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Tell them all about how your slim shake/miracle pill/only eat red things on Thursday/goats blood diet is way more effective than their 'eat well and exercise' plan

"Something something shake weight/ab roller/fat magnets"

This.... and also tell them you don't want to lift weights because you don't want to get bulky
  • shyfranklinstein
    Options
    By being fat

ha!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Screen-shot-2013-12-13-at-3.13.34-PM.png

I don't see the issue here. I play on my phone or log my exercise between sets. If someone wants to work in, they are more than welcome to ask.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    say: "you're lucky you have such good genetics, everyone in my family's fat apart from my sister who got all the skinny genes, lucky b****.... she can eat everything and still not get fat, it's so unfair!"
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Tell them all about how your slim shake/miracle pill/only eat red things on Thursday/goats blood diet is way more effective than their 'eat well and exercise' plan

This.... and also tell them you don't want to lift weights because you don't want to get bulky

Or complain about getting bulky from 5# weights.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    say: "you're lucky you have such good genetics, everyone in my family's fat apart from my sister who got all the skinny genes, lucky b****.... she can eat everything and still not get fat, it's so unfair!"

I'm probably about 6 months away from being informed that I'm naturally thin and lucky to not have an addictive personality.
  • neandermagnon
    Options

or worse... complain about getting bulky from spending 5 minutes 3 times a week on a cardio machine
  • likitisplit
    Options

or worse... complain about getting bulky from spending 5 minutes 3 times a week on a cardio machine

"my huge thighs" YES!!!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    tell them you don't need to lift weights, because you already have muscle. (for real, a friend tells me this regularly)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Shake-Weight-Animated-Gif1.gif
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Talk about how bulky you get lifting weights when you're eating 1,000 calories per day and you're a chick...
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Talk about how bulky you get lifting weights when you're eating 1,000 calories per day and you're a chick...

THIS lol

And how they struggle to eat 1200 calories :grumble:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options

THIS lol

And how they struggle to eat 1200 calories :grumble:

The struggling to eat 1200 calories thing annoys me too. If you have a hard time eating 1200 calories, how are you (checks ticker) XX lbs overweight?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    force them to surf the MFP forums all day