• MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    At first I was all tumblr_mef54rPlzo1rpptyoo1_500.gif

then i was all tumblr_lux2m6Svwt1r3ty02o1_500.gif
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

My brother married a girl off the internet. She tried to attack him, got arrested for assault and their divorce is pending.
    My dad married a girl off the internet. She emptied our house and bank accounts 1 year in.
    My dad got married again off the internet, she and a cop tried to frame him in an attempt to get him arrested and take over all his assets. Cop was fired and they are now divorced.

Internet dating IS akin to death.

Edited to add: I hate cops.

I met my husband online. got a 3 yr old and a 4 year wedding anniversary coming up. where is death?

Been with my fiancee for 10.5 years, am completely in love and happy.

Don't see death there either.
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    First of all, is this even real? There are SO many things in this story that don't make sense. He's in the military, but overweight? No... He was running so fast you couldn't catch him? What?? And you brought your own vodka to a restaurant? Ok, maybe that's a real thing, but not where I'm from.

Then there's this:
    It just kills me that this man I care so much about and love so much is rejecting me because I am overweight. When he himself is overweight. And his entire family is overweight too. It's in their genes. His sisters and mom and dad are all over 300 pounds.

He refused to give explanation as to why he wanted to end things.

If he refused to give you an explanation, how do you know it has anything to do with your weight?

Exactly the reason why I am here ASKING STRANGERS FOR ADVICE. I assumed it was my weight because what else could be the reason? We were happy that night, even when he was crying, he kissed me. Then after a few minutes, he wanted to go and looked like he wanted to go alone, without me. Then he RAN AWAY FAST.

It sounds like he is a drunk and has a lot of issues to work on and did you say he is married? are they separated? divorced?

Yes he is still married. They are separated. He dumped her. But can't divorce her because they got married here in the Philippines, where there is no divorce. So he's been working on the divorce decree in the States so he can get his marriage annulled here, which will take years.

His wife cheated on him 2 months after their marriage, when he went back to Iraq (he was based in Iraq the time they got married). He gave her a chance then he found out she was still cheating with 3 more men. I know he wasn't lying because my friend introduced him to me. My friend's husband is one of the guys his wife slept with. I know he was not some internet guy who wasted my time making up stories or lying. I have met his family on Skype. His co workers in Afghanistan. They all said he was a good guy. He was actually shy. Even the first time we saw each other, I could tell he was shy. But he transformed into a different person after he got so drunk. And the transformation got worse and worse in a span of like 30 mins.

Hello. Filipina here too.
    I can't imagine the pain you're going through. *huuuugs*
    But I think the best thing you can do is forget about him and move on with your life.
    I know actually doing that is not as easy as it sounds but its the best option you have.
    Surround yourself with family and friends that will be your support system.
    I'm not sure what your religion is but you can try praying, if you aren't doing it which I highly doubt.

Things will eventually be better. :flowerforyou:
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    And your friend who vouched for the guy is still with the husband who slept with the guy's wife? Not someone whose judgement I would trust....
  • QueenGyn
    Options
    rebelate has the best ticker ever! haha

Grumpy cat sums up my feelings! Hahaha. Thank you. :blushing:

I love cats, but I'm sorry. My ticker is definitely better.

Add a cat chasing the donut, and I think yours will be the best of them all.

THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO DO! MFP WON'T LET ME!
    Stupid preset ticker icons...

...or wait... give me 5 minutes

OOOOOH, I'll be waiting. :devil:

Sorry it took more than 5 minutes to find a suitable photo.

OMG. I love your ticker!! :love:
  • QueenGyn
    Options

tumblr_m9uyriuKb01qi0d7lo1_250.gif

I thought he was so sexy when i was obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer :love: Actually who am I kidding, I still do haha

Great, Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and a couple seasons of Angel gets two nods, but Supernatural gets NONE?!

I like Supernatural and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. :blushing:
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It's not the fat! He has issues! He needs help! Because it sounds like you are a sweetheart and he just had no excuse for treating you the way he did! Sounds like he is not over the ex also!

-I suggest you delete everything that reminds you of him. (block his *kitten*)
    -Start going to the gym and eat healthy.
    -Concentrate on what makes you happy!

I dunno know but you are too nice...If a guy would've treated me like that hahaha I just wish! They'd get kicked in the :wink:

Good luck and don't let a man or anybody bring you down chica.
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    He seems like a wackjob. He did you a favor. Appreciate it.

^^^ This
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    he is a mega douche. I would RUN!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    He seems like a wackjob. He did you a favor. Appreciate it.

^^^ This
    SO this!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to insult at all, so if it comes across that way I am sorry. But I feel like you are being Catfish-ed by this dude. And if you don't know what that is, just consider it being trolled. Have you ever seen any proof that he is in the military still? My reasoning is as follows

1-- Because I agree with the others, my fiance was in the Army and he had to do a crap TON of working out to be cleared for deployment and he was 225 at 5'9 at the time.

2-- It doesn't matter where you got married, you can still get divorced in the US if you meet their residency requirements. Just because he got married in the Phillipines doesn't mean he can't get divorced in the US.

I hope you get answers or closures, but I truly believe he is playing you.
  • Luv2h1k3
    Luv2h1k3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to be cynical but if he is an American soldier deployed to Afghanistan, I don't see how he can be overweight. He would not have been cleared to deploy. My husband is in the United States Air Force so I know a little bit about this.

This...My husband is prior Air Force and my son is Army. My husband always had to have body fat percentage done because he carried a lot of muscle. He's 6'5" and his max weight was 230 when he looks best at about 245-250. At 5'5" and 240-250 this guy would be considered morbidly obese and be given discharge papers. It's unfortunate that his apparent lies have caused such heartache to the OP and given American military members a bad name.

To the OP...sweetie...count your blessings...this guy sounds like he has major issues. Make this journey about you, not someone else. Love yourself first. Best of luck!
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Everything seems great until things get real. I know I probably sound harsh but that's the reality of online dating. People FEEL close to each other online as was felt between you two. And to some extent that is real but it's not full presence. And most of the time the online half presence actually allows people to get closer than they would otherwise. that's why I think it's dangerous. people's feelings clearly get hurt. I hate to say anything about online is a fantasy because its not. but as you experiences, the fantasy is in the hopes and plans you have with each other for the future that you formulate during your online relationship.
    everything seems great until it gets real.
    Now the reality is that you both got drunk and saw each other in real life. perhaps for him the reality of his situation came upon him. but your experience was a wish fulfillment, you had hopes and plans of meeting and it became real.
    so what you need to do now is STAY in reality. what did you see out of him in terms of character? how did he make you feel saying those things about your weight? what about the rejection? While it is tempting to go back and remember how he made you feel online, the goal was full presence and you got it and what you saw was rather ugly. use this experience going forward, let it teach you about the dangers of emotional closeness in online dating. it's paradoxical that people think what they post online doesn't "stay" online for "everyone to see" and yet "if it's not on (facebook) it's not real". Try to stay in reality and your happiness in the PRESENT will predict your future, and you won't have to sit around waiting for it. good luck.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Can't say I read all 17 pages of this fantasy relationship but what I did read gives me the creeps.

An internet psycho predator combined with an insecure gullible girl is a Hollywood script in the making.

Don't believe it.
  • archie1964
    archie1964 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Can't say I read all 17 pages of this fantasy relationship but what I did read gives me the creeps.

An internet psycho predator combined with an insecure gullible girl is a Hollywood script in the making.

Don't believe it.

I totally agree, get outside, breathe some fresh air and meet "real" people
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    This tall tale is still going?
  • EmmaB332
    EmmaB332 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I think the real question here is: what does a Filipino Mexican band covering Metallica sound like?
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I think the real question here is: what does a Filipino Mexican band covering Metallica sound like?

plus, are they drinking those infamous vodka margaritas that the OP loves so much. lol
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    LOLLLLL at "just leave my Iphone at the front desk".

But seriously, I'm sorry. You just dodged a huge freaking bullet. And don't waste time or energy trying to get an explanation for this monstrosity. Because you won't get one. I know you want to know WHY(hell, we all do) but he probably doesn't even know why he did what he did. It doesn't matter anyway because there is no future with this guy. What was said over the internet means NOTHING. Remind yourself of that daily. All those promises? Worthless. What matters are his actions and well...... you've seen those and it wasn't pretty.
    PLEASE....WHAT METALLICA SONG WAS THIS??? I HAVE TO KNOW.
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Is this real?!
This discussion has been closed.