My Online BF Dumped Me Because I'm Fat :( :( :(

Options
1171819202123»

Replies

• Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I"m okay with MEETING someone from the internet to date, you definitely shouldn't "date" ON the internet. My current boyfriend, we met through a dating site, but it was him messaging me on there inviting me to a hockey game, and we met there the next day and never used the internet since.

Find a boyfriend near you you'll be so much happier, and more sane. :)

THIS is the point of the advice to not date someone on the internet. You don't know someone from letters, phone calls, e-mails etc. Unless you're content to have a relationship in your head.

This thread is the proverbial train wreck. It's horrific but we can't stop looking. Mea culpa.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm still a little scared at the OP stating she was scared he'd escape from her.

Really..... hand back his phone...otherwise your down for theft & leave him the hell alone or your down for stalking as well.

Escape?????? No wonder he looked like he wanted to leave & on his own.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Guys the OP isn't looking for advice or support on the "fat" thing. She never mentions it when she comes back. Truth is, she put it on her title because this is a fitness site and a) she knew she'd get a ton of attention that way and b) um, this is a fitness site not a relationship problem site.

The OP, for all her desperation, is a tad manipulative.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Honestly, meeting someone on line then going to meet them in person scares the crap out of me. It sounds like a dangerous situation all around.

I met my husband the old fashioned way-- in college. We will be celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary tomorrow. If something were to happen to us and we weren't together anymore, I would STILL not meet and date ANYONE I met online. It just creeps me out, and it's not for ME.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Honestly, meeting someone on line then going to meet them in person scares the crap out of me. It sounds like a dangerous situation all around.

I met my husband the old fashioned way-- in college. We will be celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary tomorrow. If something were to happen to us and we weren't together anymore, I would STILL not meet and date ANYONE I met online. It just creeps me out, and it's not for ME.

Wow. I met my husband on the phone. On a phone line that was meant as a pick up place. It was the 1st time I called, her was the 1st person I spoke to. I asked him to marry me the very next day...... we spoke only on the phone for 3 days..... met in person on the 4th day & got married a month later. 17 years this year.

Lucky for you meeting your one in college, you are lucky he was not a rapist/murderer/or worse ...cause you just never know.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    When dating someone online, there is a fine line between being obsessed and being in love. 9 times out of 10, you think you are in love but you really are just addicted to the attention and the way the other person makes you feel. That is why it is so easy for people to get "Catfished".
  • TehNoms
    TehNoms Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Can't say I read all 17 pages of this fantasy relationship but what I did read gives me the creeps.

An internet psycho predator combined with an insecure gullible girl is a Hollywood script in the making.

Don't believe it.

I totally agree, get outside, breathe some fresh air and meet "real" people

Minus the internet you already have Twilight.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    As somone in the military, a person cannot be that heavy without getting kicked out so he was lying about something. You are better off.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    To me, it really sounds like he was in it when it wasn't "real" but bring with a flesh and blood woman scared the crap out of him. Move on!

Jan
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    dude sounds crazy, i dont think it was you. But maybe you should find a dude in real life to date instead of on the internet. Bet it goes much better.

I also don't think hes in the military at all. You cant really be overweight there. My friend went to the marines last year and he had to get in shape before theyd even send him to boot camp.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I think, when all is said and done, the fact that the OP is still holding onto the phone in hopes he'll get back in touch with her shows she is only doing this to herself:

tumblr_m92lz9xioN1rzv3ffo1_500_large.gif

You're only hurting yourself at this point.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I think, when all is said and done, the fact that the OP is still holding onto the phone in hopes he'll get back in touch with her shows she is only doing this to herself:

tumblr_m92lz9xioN1rzv3ffo1_500_large.gif

You're only hurting yourself at this point.

Very much this!

PLUS the fact that after all the things he said you kept chasing him all the way to his hotel AND called/emailed him after. I'd block his emails, toss his cell phone down a sewer grate, and write it off as a learning experience. Then do some serious work on your self esteem so this never happens again.
  • Stellar76
    Stellar76 Posts: 25
    Options
    When dating someone online, there is a fine line between being obsessed and being in love. 9 times out of 10, you think you are in love but you really are just addicted to the attention and the way the other person makes you feel. That is why it is so easy for people to get "Catfished".

Yes, I guess you are right.
  • Stellar76
    Stellar76 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm still a little scared at the OP stating she was scared he'd escape from her.

Really..... hand back his phone...otherwise your down for theft & leave him the hell alone or your down for stalking as well.

Escape?????? No wonder he looked like he wanted to leave & on his own.

THIS. I mean think about it. It doesnt sound the least bit creepy to anyone? I know he was a complete jerk, but she is just as messed up as he is.

And face it. The ONLY reason she still has his phone, is that she is hoping that he will come get and and she can see him. And THAT scares me too. If I were him, as messed up as he is, would you go back to get your phone? No way. She might chain you up or lock you in a basement.

I am all for meeting online, thats how I met my husband. Actually met him on myspace a long time ago. We have been together 6 years, married for 3, and still doing pretty good. I dont think the online part of this story is the whole issue. I think they both have some serious mental issues they need to work out ALONE before they try to be with someone else.

And you made all these stories in your head? Do you even understand the whole story? Or you're just a hateful person who bash people on the internet?
  • 49erfan200
    Options
    the guy seems unstable did you a favor
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.