EVIl DIRTY FOOD

Options

Replies

• SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I had pizza for dinner last night. And again for breakfast. No stomach problems.

That's because your body is so unhealthy. If you actually got healthy you couldn't eat pizza anymore. Duh.

Actually, Johnny, there is some truth to this. I have been eating a pretty good diet for many years but what I noticed when I went to visit my (VERY) unhealthy relatives and ate what they eat, I felt sick during and after. I think that they don't notice because they feel sick all the time anyway....Either that or all the preservatives that they are eating has "pickled" them to some degree...I once saw an item defending the use of preservatives. It said that the use of food preservatives has probably been responsible for the drastic decline in cancers of the stomach. :tongue: :ohwell:

Oh, so maybe in reality I just feel sick all the time because I'm so unhealthy. If I actually got healthy one day, I wouldn't be able to eat pizza and hamburgers anymore.

Is that it?

It isn't that I can't eat those things--it is that I don't want to because I notice a difference in how I feel. It isn't as though I am confined to bed as soon as I eat some not-so-good food. I like to optimize my diet so that my body will perform as well as it can. I do things which most people my age can't even begin to do and I look much younger than my age.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    "...The reason my pizza last night didn't make me sick is because I'm unhealthy?!..."

To all appearances, you are a very healthy 20-year old. The ravages of bad eating tend to show up later (if it continues). And I'm not saying that pizza and Chinese buffets are "bad" eating. You get a lot of veggies at a Chinese buffet and for those who don't have a problem with wheat, and who are very active, pizza can be a pretty decent food. Even better if you make it at home with your own healthy ingredients. :smile: The biggest problem I have with restaurant food, in general, is their excessive use of salt, sugar, chemically-altered fats, and low quality ingredients (because high quality ingredients cost more).

*snort*

I'll be 40 next year..... thanks for playing! It is interesting to see your prejudices about 'healthy' diet and longevity shown up in this ironic manner though.....
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    "...The reason my pizza last night didn't make me sick is because I'm unhealthy?!..."

To all appearances, you are a very healthy 20-year old. The ravages of bad eating tend to show up later (if it continues). And I'm not saying that pizza and Chinese buffets are "bad" eating. You get a lot of veggies at a Chinese buffet and for those who don't have a problem with wheat, and who are very active, pizza can be a pretty decent food. Even better if you make it at home with your own healthy ingredients. :smile: The biggest problem I have with restaurant food, in general, is their excessive use of salt, sugar, chemically-altered fats, and low quality ingredients (because high quality ingredients cost more).

*snort*

I'll be 40 next year..... thanks for playing! It is interesting to see your prejudices about 'healthy' diet and longevity shown up in this ironic manner though.....

Sorry--I got you confused with another poster. I've still got 25 years on you though. :smile: Hope you stay healthy!

P.S. I looked at your profile page, you argue there against your own apparent position here--I quote:

"...I have started using MFP to tighten up my eating habits. Rapidly approaching 40 and have a strong desire to rediscover my former abs. I have discovered that I can no longer eat anything I want and exercise hard and keep the 'butter' off. I guess all that talk about abs being made in the kitchen has finally sunk in!..."
  • jimmmer
    Options

*snort*

Sorry--I got you confused with another poster. I've still got 25 years on you though. :smile: Hope you stay healthy!

P.S. I looked at your profile page, you argue there against your own apparent position here--I quote:

"...I have started using MFP to tighten up my eating habits. Rapidly approaching 40 and have a strong desire to rediscover my former abs. I have discovered that I can no longer eat anything I want and exercise hard and keep the 'butter' off. I guess all that talk about abs being made in the kitchen has finally sunk in!..."

Touche!

Although that's QUANTITIES not QUALITIES ..... I'm still eating the same food, just less of it! A 40 year old metabolism doesn't run as hot as a 20 year old one. So you can still eat under your TDEE and lose weight even if your diet is not 'Clean' - that's my point.

But nice try creeping on my profile and posting it up here! ;)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

*snort*

Some posters are quite desperate to hold on to their beliefs, all evidence to the contrary. I am 40, I'd say in pretty decent shape, and eat what I want in moderation. Some people truly want to believe that there are evil foods. Let them. It's their bodies, their struggle and, ultimately, their frustration.
  • jimmmer
    Options
    Some posters are quite desperate to hold on to their beliefs, all evidence to the contrary. I am 40, I'd say in pretty decent shape, and eat what I want in moderation. Some people truly want to believe that there are evil foods. Let them. It's their bodies, their struggle and, ultimately, their frustration.

Agreed! There's a touch of the born-agains about it. People who've adopted a new lifestyle eating-wise, noticed the positive results (due to increased activity and calorie restriction, no doubt) and now want to 'convert' the rest of us!

But they've drawn all the wrong conclusions as far as I can see.....

Any moment now Reddy will turn up and then this thread will be complete!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

Agreed! There's a touch of the born-agains about it. People who've adopted a new lifestyle eating-wise, noticed the positive results (due to increased activity and calorie restriction, no doubt) and now want to 'convert' the rest of us!

I liken them to the ex-smoker, who then goes on and on about the evils of smoking now that they have seen the light. :laugh:
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

*snort*

Touche!

Although that's QUANTITIES not QUALITIES ..... I'm still eating the same food, just less of it! A 40 year old metabolism doesn't run as hot as a 20 year old one. So you can still eat under your TDEE and lose weight even if your diet is not 'Clean' - that's my point.

But nice try creeping on my profile and posting it up here! ;)

If I might, I would make a suggestion that improving the quality will not only help you to lose the "butter" but will make for better health in the long run. You could eat nothing but Twinkies and stay within your calorie goal, but to fit your macros well (and also get important micro-nutrients), you will need to eat some better quality food in the mix. :smile:
  • jimmmer
    Options

I liken them to the ex-smoker, who then goes on and on about the evils of smoking now that they have seen the light. :laugh:

Yeah, that's totally me. That's why I can recognise it in others! Almost 20 years smoke-free and still lecturing people on the folly of it..... I'll get over it one day!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Great, now I want a cigarette and a pizza.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Me too. :laugh:
  • jimmmer
    Options
    If I might, I would make a suggestion that improving the quality will not only help you to lose the "butter" but will make for better health in the long run. You could eat nothing but Twinkies and stay within your calorie goal, but to fit your macros well (and also get important micro-nutrients), you will need to eat some better quality food in the mix. :smile:

Thanks for the advice, but pre-Christmas I was extremely lean with an 8-pack. I bulked for 2-3 months odd, now I'm cutting myself back down. It's gonna take another month or so before I'm back down to the same level of lean.

So, you see, I know how to get the butter off thanks - did that a long while ago. Then I wanted to put a bit of muscle on. Now I want to shred off the fat I put on on purpose along with the muscle whilst I was bulking. There, I think you've got the whole story now.

That profile's pretty old, perhaps I should update it now and then we'll avoid this nasty confusion in future?!

ETA - have changed the wording to something less ambiguous and also more up-to-date, would be grateful if you could cast your watchful eye over it for me and make sure I've got it right? Thanks!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

Me too. :laugh:

I'll call in the order, you bring some smokes.
  • amlong73
    amlong73 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love pizza, I love pasta and I love peanut butter candy and frosting! When I started this journey, I thought I had to give it up and it be healthy. Come to find out I would rather not live like that. I want to eat what I really enjoy, just eat less of it.

I will be forty in a couple of months. I'm going live to enjoy life now. Not try to be super healthy and live a long time. I worked in a nursing home for awhile and learned that I DO NOT want to live that long.

Enjoy life now and be happy!!!
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

*snort*

They aren't just my beliefs. Even established medicine preaches eating better (in spite of it being against their own economic interests). I am not the least bit conflicted about my food choices (nor have I ever been "frustrated"). I don't expect that I will ever say, "Gee, I wish I had eaten a lot more pizzas and cookies during my life." :wink:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

They draw the wrong conclusions because they rely on the internet for their studies. It's easier for them to read what Dr. Oz or Mercola have to say than it is to wade through real studies on pubmed. It's either a lack of education or a mental illness but there is no reason to debate with people such as this.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I find this thread repulsive and disgusting, like Polish vodka
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

And you are suggesting that smoking cigarettes is a good thing for health??
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to summarise this thread for everyone:

OP ate some pizza with ****ing corn on it and had the ****s all night.

Some people think eating pizza is okay. Other people think it is not okay.

You are welcome. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.